FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk

Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2021, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
AS will probably move to t8 at JFK in 2022. The AS lounge or BA lounge at t7 would suffice until then.
I somehow feel doubtful of AS opening another lounge in JFK T8, knowing AS got the shaft after building one in T7. (Plus AA will now be an oneworld partner). Pandemic was an unknown force but B6 expansion plans (now on hold), meant T7 stay will be short lived.

Jiburi

Last edited by jiburi; Jan 27, 2021 at 8:23 pm
Old Jan 28, 2021, 11:25 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Just released:

For those that have asked:

Gov. Jay Inslee announced Thursday that seven counties in Western Washington will see their COVID-19 mandated restrictions ease starting on Monday. That includes counties that are home to tech centers including Seattle, Redmond and Bellevue, as well as Tacoma and Olympia. Under phase two rules, as set out in the governor’s businesses are able to resume limited indoor services. Some of the most notable changes include:
  • Indoor dining at 25% capacity and alcohol service ending at 11 p.m.
Let's see what happens on Monday in the Alaska Lounges.....
pcoll, anteater and Bellerina like this.

Last edited by BOB W; Jan 28, 2021 at 11:33 pm
Old Jan 30, 2021, 12:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
At LAX one can walk all the way from the United gates to TBIT post security so no need for a gate pass for any passengers using the South side terminals.
That is one very long walk!
Old Jan 30, 2021, 12:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Good way to burn off those extra calories from the AS/FL lounges
Old Jan 30, 2021, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Not all that uncommon for some UA flyers to use the *A lounge in TBIT when flying domestically. Around 20-30 min walk in each direction.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 2:27 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Late Jan 2021 Schedule change and fate of Return JFK lounge

Originally Posted by jiburi
With only one AS flight to JFK through March 17, JFK reopening is doubtful until March 18th, almost 1 year after initial closure. The good news is, if the current schedule sticks, beginning March 18th, there will be 3 flights from SEA, 4 flight from LAX, 4 flights from SFO, and one flight from PDX. March 18 is likely the day. (Flights are very empty however...)

Will we also see UA's guest?!

Jiburi
Alaska just did the March schedule sweep, and looks like they’ve trimmed 75% of originally planned flights to JFK. Surviving the cuts were one flight to SEA, SFO, and LAX. (still an add of +2)

With possibility UA might deal with AS for lounge access, JFK AS lounge still might return to supporting 3 AS flights but hard to know. Am crossing my fingers.

Jiburi

April schedules April 3rd and beyond still have the above mentioned 12 flights but they will likely be curtailed next month.

Last edited by jiburi; Jan 31, 2021 at 2:34 am
Old Jan 31, 2021, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by econ
Not all that uncommon for some UA flyers to use the *A lounge in TBIT when flying domestically. Around 20-30 min walk in each direction.
Takes me 17 minutes. Done this many times as a UA flyer. *A J lounge is one of the best lounges in the US. And it has showers.
cesco.g and ual744777sta like this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I think it's just temporary, but make sure you leave plenty of time to re-clear at C if you need to go to D for some reason....with Pre-Check, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.
Does that mean that security is open on both sides now? I can't remember the last time security was open on the C-side when I was flying out. I'm usually on the last flight PDX to LAX or ONT on a monday or tuesday. Is there pre-check on both sides? This complicates my plan of using PP at Capers and then getting a snack in the AS lounge tuesday...
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Takes me 17 minutes. Done this many times as a UA flyer. *A J lounge is one of the best lounges in the US. And it has showers.
Indeed. Can't wait until it will reopen!
Old Feb 1, 2021, 9:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Last night the Alaska Lounge locations and hours list noted that the SEA lounges weren't serving alcohol due to local regulations. This morning, those notices are gone.

Who'll be the first to report on whether the mimosas, Bloody Marys, and IPAs are flowing again in the N and D lounges?
HangryDad likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
Last night the Alaska Lounge locations and hours list noted that the SEA lounges weren't serving alcohol due to local regulations. This morning, those notices are gone.

Who'll be the first to report on whether the mimosas, Bloody Marys, and IPAs are flowing again in the N and D lounges?
Can't speak for the Mimosas, Marys, or Hops, but I did have a half cup of wine yesterday, on a quick visit between flights (just prior to closing). Landed at B, so I stopped at the AX lounge, which wasn't yet up to speed still "grab y go" but you could eat inside lounge. No bar. After 10 or 15 minutes (for a C2 departure), went to the D lounge. Sign said salads upon request (2 choices) and packaged snacks were out.
Bellerina and Ford Fairlane like this.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 12:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Can't speak for the Mimosas, Marys, or Hops, but I did have a half cup of wine yesterday, on a quick visit between flights (just prior to closing). Landed at B, so I stopped at the AX lounge, which wasn't yet up to speed still "grab y go" but you could eat inside lounge. No bar. After 10 or 15 minutes (for a C2 departure), went to the D lounge. Sign said salads upon request (2 choices) and packaged snacks were out.
If there's wine, I hope there's all the others. If not, sure, wine. I'll find out on Saturday.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 3:13 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The bar is open in the N Lounge. It' wasn't continuously staffed, but service was quick once one stands at the bar.
SOCguy, NoLaGent, anteater and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 8:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
SEA AMEX B Lounge open again for limited drinks- had a bloody merry and mimosa this morning for breakfast ^

I had the first drink since reopening apparently- skipped the food line to be first in line for a drink Yesterday the bartender restocked and got supplies ready.
mpeterson78 and anteater like this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 2:42 pm

Programs: AS - MVPG; DL - SM; Marriott, Hilton, SPG - Gold
Alcohol being served in SEA lounges?

Does anyone know if they have resumed serving alcohol in the Alaska Lounges at SeaTac, now that we have moved to Phase 2 in King County? I have a flight next Friday, and would love to know if I'll be able to have a drink in the lounge prior to departing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.