FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk

Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:44 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
My original expiration date with the additional 6 months was 1/31/21 and I renewed in December, 2020, but no additional 6 months--still showing 1/31/22 expiration so I think this might be a targeted promotion.
I don't think this is targeted at all, you should call customer care.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
This is the T&C for the 6 month bonus extension:

*Memberships expiring between 03/01/2021 and 06/30/2021 must be renewed before the Lounge membership expiration date in order to qualify for this limited-time offer. Memberships that have expired between 10/31/2020 and 2/28/2021, must be renewed by 4/10/2021 to qualify. Additional 6 months of membership will be processed within 14 days of renewal.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
I don't think this is targeted at all, you should call customer care.
I just sent them an email so we'll see what they say.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Bellerina
That would be very disappointing. I did get the email about the extra 6-month offer. Could it hurt to write to Alaska and see if they will extend to you as well?
Whatever algorithm they are using is pretty good. If I hadn't been offered the extra 6-months, I would not have renewed.
Even with the six months, I'm not keen on renewing. I've had no use for the original 6 month extension, my last trip involved a closed AA lounge, and my next two trips involve closed AA lounges, and still no easily-accessible SFO lounge.

I'm in at about $75 per visit on my current $300 membership after 17 months. My few visits to an actual AL would have been covered by the class of service. Even with 6 free months, at least two would be wasted. I expect I shall not be renewing at the current expiry.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I've only been a lounge member for less than 2 years and so far, I've gotten quite a bit of value of out it--particularly when I'm with my family (of 4) and we're all able to access the lounge--literally every trip we take begins (usually with pancakes) at the PDX lounge.
SOCguy, simonsuo and Bellerina like this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 2:52 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I've only been a lounge member for less than 2 years and so far, I've gotten quite a bit of value of out it--particularly when I'm with my family (of 4) and we're all able to access the lounge--literally every trip we take begins (usually with pancakes) at the PDX lounge.
You can’t put a price on free pancakes. They are a third of the reason I love the AL at SEA.. the views, the bar, and the pancakes. 🤞🏻
simonsuo likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 3:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by anteater
You can’t put a price on free pancakes. They are a third of the reason I love the AL at SEA.. the views, the bar, and the pancakes. 🤞🏻
They are so incredibly cheap to make, there is no need to. Too bad the delicious egg salad & ham wrap isn't available in the lounge. The pancake printer is more im"pressive" than the product it spews out. That does remind me though. Next time I am in the AL, I will ask for a copy of the ingredient list for the goop they pass off as batter.

James
Eastbay1K and anteater like this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 3:49 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Next time I am in the AL, I will ask for a copy of the ingredient list for the goop they pass off as batter.

James
I doubt they will know what the ingredients are. The batter comes in a clear, sealed bag with a threaded nozzle that hook into the machine.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 4:03 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by BOB W
I doubt they will know what the ingredients are. The batter comes in a clear, sealed bag with a threaded nozzle that hook into the machine.
It's likely written on the bag or the box that the bag comes in, since I believe they are required to provide it for people with food allergies.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 5:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
N Lounge

10+ people on waitlist. They gave priority to AL members and was admitted almost immediately
Old Apr 6, 2021, 6:04 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by macmedic
10+ people on waitlist. They gave priority to AL members and was admitted almost immediately
I wonder at what point they will begin restricting PP entry. If an AL member or paid FC, I wouldn’t want the hassle of waitlisting often, or the people idling directly around the entrance.

Perhaps as the lounges increase in utilization AS can increase the capacity dedicated to AL/F or decrease the overall number of PP pax allowed.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 6:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by anteater
I wonder at what point they will begin restricting PP entry. If an AL member or paid FC, I wouldn’t want the hassle of waitlisting often, or the people idling directly around the entrance.

Perhaps as the lounges increase in utilization AS can increase the capacity dedicated to AL/F or decrease the overall number of PP pax allowed.
I thought that when one of the lounges opened a handful of years back--maybe D?--they didn't allow PP holders in from the start.

I also thought I remembered an article about it on seattletimes.com but couldn't come up with anything like that. I did find a couple other semi-relevant stories, though. Are any of you in the pictures in the second article?

3 Alaska Lounges at Sea-Tac soon will no longer admit Priority Pass members (July 20, 2018)

New gates, posh lounge at Sea-Tac airport give Alaska Airlines an upgrade (July 11, 2019)
Old Apr 6, 2021, 7:39 pm

I recall an announcement that the Lounge at SEA C is reopening with a capacity of 50 pax. I can't find it now and there is no mention on the AS website. That should help with the overcrowding when it happens. They need to exclude PP when that happens.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 7:51 pm

Programs: AS
Checked PriorityPass site.
AS lounge access in SEA is limited to N terminal lounge only. D and C lounges not listed as available.
After Spring Break travel, will be interesting to see if numbers of travelers goes down.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 7:56 pm

I will be a the SEA N lounge tomorrow from 12:30 to 2:30 and will report on crowds then. I can't believe there will be any problems mid-week. Paid F BTW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.