FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk

Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by pmblinn
I find that my AL membership is an easy use of my annual AMEX $200 Airline Credit, so I can only do one year at a time. (I've had difficulty consuming the whole credit through fees and such. I know, I'm a simpleton.)
Originally Posted by joachimm
Thanks for this! The directed amex $200 credit is a dilemma, since I try to stick to AS/AA where I don't get charged any fees. I just checked and as a 75K the lounge costs $300/yr for me, and I still have $180 in AS credit on my Amex. It would be nearly free if we could use multiple cards since I have the Gold also :-)

Edit: I called up and was able to use two cards over the phone. So $20 for a year of lounge access, I'll take it, since I have difficulty using the credits.
Note that it might take a call/chat into AMEX to trigger the credit. Give it 4-5 weeks to show up on your statement.
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Yep - had to chat in on Amex and they did a quick review of the transactions and manually credited them.
Originally Posted by mathprof
Paid in person at the SEA N club and had to request a manual credit, too.
Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson
Last December purchased membership on the AMEX Gold Card - personnel, with Alaska listed as my selected airline. After 60 days the credit did not issue. Called AMEX and had in issued later that day.
sounds like amex air credit doesnt auto trigger for AS lounge fees? thats a headache, but i guess not a big deal. im really hoping auto credit is fixed by now.

Alaska lounge membership via AMEX airline benefit

Originally Posted by ssk244
So I tried to purchase a lounge membership yesterday at Sea-Tac using my Amex. I wanted to split it over 2 cards (Platinum and Hilton Aspire) but apparently they don't let you do this anymore. (I know they used to.) They just switched over to a new system a few days ago that won't let you split the charge over two different cards. I emailed them but no answer yet. Online won't let you do it over 2 cards either. Does anyone know of a way to split the AS Board Membership into 2 credit cards?
Originally Posted by macfadsj
I just tried to split over two cards at the PDX Lounge. Was told that the "new system"
cannot handle it and directed to call Customer Care at 800-401-6012 and assured
that they would process the two cards.
Originally Posted by macmedic
DP- I was able to renew my lounge membership over the phone doing a split tender. I called the regular CS line and asked if this was possible. They said yes but they would need to transfer me to a supervisor. It took a bit for them to find someone who had the ability to do it but got it done with no issues. Took a total of 25 minuets.
dammit. i cant do split payment in person? sounds like max is 2 CC over the phone? i plan to use multiple amex. would like more DPs on this. anyone renew this year?

Alaska Lounge Membership Purchase - Any Way to Do a Split Tender (Multiple Cards)?

also, a few other questions:

1) how useful is the AL+ for partners lounges? is access smooth? i assume we get treated like 2nd class citizens just like PPass w/ YMMV experiences since partner lounges have their own set of rules at certain times/airports. guests also YMMV. maybe its better being a direct member of AA/UA/etc lounges?

New access policy for Alaska Lounge + members at DCA United Club

2) can the AS lounges be used for arrivals? but i assume partner arrival lounge policies are YMMV and better being a direct member of AA/UA/etc lounges.

Alaska Lounge Member Access to AA Admirals Club
Admirals Club Access on Arrival
Access to ANC Alaska lounge on arrival (with Priority Pass)

3) AS website still mentions guesting privileges for AL + partners still at 2? looks like day passes are now $60, but $30/person only with bofa AS CC? website doesnt even mention where u can purchase day passes. i dont think all lounges sell them. and i assume guesting privileges are clear and set when entering AS lounges but YMMV for partners.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Completely forgot I could use the airline credit for this. Slam dunk, thanks!
GundamWing01 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
1) how useful is the AL+ for partners lounges? is access smooth? i assume we get treated like 2nd class citizens just like PPass w/ YMMV experiences since partner lounges have their own set of rules at certain times/airports. guests also YMMV. maybe its better being a direct member of AA/UA/etc lounges?
With my travel patterns, I frequently access AA ACs via my AL+ membership (and to a lesser degree, UA UCs), many times with guests. I've never once felt as if I was being treated as "second class" by the front desk staff. All smiles, zero push-back.

Whether this is because they are genuinely happy to see me or they just view me as incremental revenue, I couldn't care less!
chrisl137 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by chrisl137
"Elite" pricing is now for any elite down to MVP and is $350/$500 for AL/AL+.

My membership expires at the end of September and I'm looking at whether it makes more sense to renew AL ($350), AL+ ($500), or get the Citi card ($450) that gives you AC membership.

Advantages of AL/AL+: can be flying on any airline, which isn't so bad flying out of LAX since I'm likely to have to fly a bunch to DEN over the next couple years and there's not much in the way of AA or AS flights, but the walk from T6 to T7 isn't so bad.

I'm not sure if the AC membership has any advantages over AL+, other than the CC being $50/year less and the signup bonus miles that I'm not likely to take much advantage of.

I'll probably wait til the last minute and keep an eye out for discounts.
I usually walk over to T5 and use admirals club even when I'm flying out of T6 on AS cuz the food options are so much better, and it's always empty.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
With my travel patterns, I frequently access AA ACs via my AL+ membership (and to a lesser degree, UA UCs), many times with guests. I've never once felt as if I was being treated as "second class" by the front desk staff. All smiles, zero push-back.

Whether this is because they are genuinely happy to see me or they just view me as incremental revenue, I couldn't care less!
I agree...no problems at all accessing ACs with my AL+ membership....even when traveling with my family of 4....no issues. The only problem I've ever had was at the UC in DCA where they wouldn't allow immediate family members (which I think is actually against the policy but I didn't push it) so we just went to the AC instead.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 4:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by thatmikereed
I'm another expiring in September person, but AUS based. To get into the AC I either need AS+ or AA access otherwise there are no lounges in AUS I can use... and nearly everywhere else I fly has a Centurion Lounge I'd rather be in (Bus. Plat) - except MCO, which does have a PP lounge, I believe.

For as much as I fly, AS lounges aren't a bad deal even at $500 if that were all I were using. $500 + Amex Plat with that much overlap? Harder to justify.

Not being able to use my wallet balance for club purchases makes it worse...
I too have an AS lounge membership and Amex Plat. Plat dies in January, AS lounge in Sept. Might go without both for a while... AMEX changes are annoying (2 guests go away in January 2023 w/o atrocious minimum spend)

I might ask at SFO tomorrow if there are any deals on renewals... probably won't be.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 7:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
My AS+ membership expires next month and I will definitely renew. Never an issue accessing AC, and supposedly will get me into the PHX UC if that ever opens. No same day AS bp requirement means I can use SFO lounge even when I'm flying UA, so I will let my UC membership go when it expires this month (good riddance!).
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
My AS+ membership expires next month and I will definitely renew. Never an issue accessing AC, and supposedly will get me into the PHX UC if that ever opens. No same day AS bp requirement means I can use SFO lounge even when I'm flying UA, so I will let my UC membership go when it expires this month (good riddance!).
It's unfortunately that AS can't move to the AA terminal which would give you much easier access to an AC. I don't see a PHX UC ever opening up there in the near future.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
It's unfortunately that AS can't move to the AA terminal which would give you much easier access to an AC.
moving in 2024.

http://news.alaskaair.com/guest-expe...st-experience/
Old Aug 4, 2022, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by minhaoxue
I think you're talking about SFO, not PHX. It would be nice if AS moved to the AA terminal in PHX for AC access.
minhaoxue likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's unfortunately that AS can't move to the AA terminal which would give you much easier access to an AC. I don't see a PHX UC ever opening up there in the near future.
Cannot agree. PHX T4 is awful (as are the PHX ACs); it's one of the reasons I prefer UA/AS over AA/WN at PHX.

Reports are that the new PHX T3 UC will open in September. I saw workers in the space on Tuesday morning before my UA flight.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I just renewed for the Plus ($500) and split the fee over 2 cards ($250 each) over the phone. I had to wait a while and was transferred to 4 different people but was finally able to do it. I have a $250 Amex airline travel credit on my Hilton card and a $200 on my Platinum so I'll only pay $50 out of pocket for the membership which is fine with me. Have never had an issue getting into the AA ACs and AS lounges will let you in upon arrival which has come in handy several times.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The PDX C Lounge extension is officially open!

samosa likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 10:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Are there any power outlets out there?
Old Aug 6, 2022, 1:02 am

Programs: AS 75K
Is there much in the way of food there? What is the drink situation? Full bar? Thanks for the update!!

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Are there any power outlets out there?
LOL... good catch! I can't see a single one.

Looks like a nice place. I'm still pretty miffed that I can't buy day passes anymore. I guess AS may get their wish and I'll just throw down for an annual membership. Caper's ever-dwindling hours at PDX leaves my Priority Pass pretty much useless (unless I want to go slug down a whiskey-sampler before my 7AM flight).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.