FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk

Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:49 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by vanillabean
I don't fly by way of SEA much, but will this summer have a four hour layover there between AS from SFO and AY to HEL. It appears Sapphire/Emerald gives you access to the three Alaska lounges as well as the BA lounge. Which two of the four would you suggest?
SEA N is the best of the three AS lounges, but it is usually packed. N plus the BA Lounge are your best options.
vanillabean likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by vanillabean
I don't fly by way of SEA much, but will this summer have a four hour layover there between AS from SFO and AY to HEL. It appears Sapphire/Emerald gives you access to the three Alaska lounges as well as the BA lounge. Which two of the four would you suggest?
Definitely include N, no matter what. That recommendation should be a subtitle to this thread by now. Someone put it well earlier: "Go straight to N. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200."

You'll probably be flying out of the S concourse. The BA lounge is there, so that would make sense as a second stop, but I found it pretty underwhelming apart from the complementary Gin options compared to the AS lounges. YMMV.

When I have a long time at SeaTac before my departure, my strategy (if you can call it that) is to spend the most time at N. If I'm flying out of N, I might drop by C or D first, depending on my mood, then N. If I'm flying out of C or D, it's N first, then the lounge closest to my gate.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by Ford Fairlane
Definitely include N, no matter what. That recommendation should be a subtitle to this thread by now. Someone put it well earlier: "Go straight to N. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200."

You'll probably be flying out of the S concourse. The BA lounge is there, so that would make sense as a second stop, but I found it pretty underwhelming apart from the complementary Gin options compared to the AS lounges. YMMV.

When I have a long time at SeaTac before my departure, my strategy (if you can call it that) is to spend the most time at N. If I'm flying out of N, I might drop by C or D first, depending on my mood, then N. If I'm flying out of C or D, it's N first, then the lounge closest to my gate.
D=Dump. Old, rundown, tattered furniture, food & beverage options well below N or C. AS plans a cleanup before shutting it down completely and combining the C & D lounges a few (or many,many, many) years from now in AS time... The lounge staff are great but they are playing a horrible, losing hand at this point.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by BOB W
D=Dump. Old, rundown, tattered furniture, food & beverage options well below N or C. AS plans a cleanup before shutting it down completely and combining the C & D lounges a few (or many,many, many) years from now in AS time... The lounge staff are great but they are playing a horrible, losing had at this point.
Oh, I don't disagree at all! C is nicer than D by far, but therefore generally more crowded as a result. But if I'm flying out of a D1 or D2 gate, going all the way to (or from) the C lounge seems like too much of a chore for the 15-20 minutes I'd spend there. Also, more than once, I've gone into the C lounge, seen wall-to-wall people, and headed back to D if I need some space and peace and quiet.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:35 pm

Oh, I don't disagree at all! C is nicer than D by far, but therefore generally more crowded as a result. But if I'm flying out of a D1 or D2 gate, going all the way to (or from) the C lounge seems like too much of a chore for the 15-20 minutes I'd spend there. Also, more than once, I've gone into the C lounge, seen wall-to-wall people, and headed back to D if I need some space and peace and quiet.
And the really sad part is that DL has had the S Lounge open for many years which is as nice as the N lounge, with showers. And they have added their newer lounge in A which blows the AS lounges away, F & B wise, with better Concirege servies and, Yes, even more showers. And they have announced a new lounge, to make a total of three at SEA. I am an AS 1MM, MVPG100K, but AS is making it really hard to defend them at this point.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:55 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Train from N drops you very close to the C lounge at the first stop. Train from C drops you at the beginning of the D gates at the next stop and a slight backtrack to the D lounge. I don't mind the walk between C and D gates but C10A-F & C2A-F get pretty congested . Feels like a fish swimming upstream.

James
pcoll and Ford Fairlane like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 12:03 pm

And the really sad part is that DL has had the S Lounge open for many years which is as nice as the N lounge, with showers. And they have added their newer lounge in A which blows the AS lounges away, F & B wise, with better Concirege servies and, Yes, even more showers. And they have announced a new lounge, to make a total of three at SEA. I am an AS 1MM, MVPG100K, but AS is making it really hard to defend them at this point.
DL S Lounge will not reopen. It’s being rebranded as The Club, presumably to consolidate The Clubs at S and A.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by fly18725
DL S Lounge will not reopen. It’s being rebranded as The Club, presumably to consolidate The Clubs at S and A.
I expect it will just replace the current overstuffed S club, which isn't sufficient for peak time crowds.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:31 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
SEA N is the best of the three AS lounges, but it is usually packed. N plus the BA Lounge are your best options.
Come to think of it, what happens if Alaska at SFO can’t give you the boarding pass for the connecting flight and you get it ar the Finnair gate just before departure from SEA, can you still enter the BA lounge by showing your Alaska boarding pass and/or your full reservation in the app?

Added: The good news: the Finnair gate was staffed upon my arrival at SEA S. The bad news: the British Airways lounge objected to accepting my boarding pass, as it didn’t show my Alaska FF number on it or alternatively the word lounge. The supervisor wasn’t comfortable using my name as the oneworld elite status link between the boarding pass and the Alaska app showing my Mileage Plan card.

The Finnair gate agent later couldn’t explain why my boarding pass was showing my Finnair FF number and not my Alaska given it was an Alaska award reservation and my Finnair number was never mentioned by Alaska or me, but insisted she wasn’t able to print the boarding pass with my Alaska number, even as the lounge only reluctantly would me let in.

If only Alaska had been allowed to print out the boarding pass for the connecting flight.

Also, the boarding pass that the Finnair gate agent had given me put us in one of the last groups to board even as she recognized I got a preferred seat due to my oneworld status by way of Alaska. Yet the boarding agent happily accepted my Mileage Plan card and showed us to the priority line.

Also, upon arrival at SEA the N Alaska lounge worked very well for us, thanks for the suggestion!
simonsuo likes this.

Last edited by vanillabean; Jun 18, 2022 at 10:44 pm
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Tiny paper plates, look at them. Also, plastic utensils. Another reason not renewing. Oh, did I mention chardonnay is $8 now. Downhill at the LAX.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:11 am

AS's partner lounge locations list still includes the Airspace Lounge in SAN, but Airspace Lounges apparently are no more. It's been replaced by an Aspire Lounge ("Executive Lounges by swissport").

Anybody know if AS Lounge+ members have access to this new incarnation for that location? (If not, I'll report back later this week.)

ETA: I do see this on the site but I'm not sure if we qualify under American Airlines, given we have AC lounge access.

Platinum and Centurion American Express cardholders receive complimentary entry to the Aspire Lounge for themselves and up to two guests. Eligible American Airlines, BA, JAL, and Edelweiss Guests are also permitted entry into this lounge based on their airline ticket. If you are unsure if your airline ticket permits you entry into this lounge, please contact your airline directly to get clarification on this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Yes, Aspire lounge at SAN is very much open to AL+ members. I am in there almost every week.
Bellerina and Ford Fairlane like this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:09 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by simonsuo
Tiny paper plates, look at them. Also, plastic utensils. Another reason not renewing. Oh, did I mention chardonnay is $8 now. Downhill at the LAX.
I was told that the paper plates and bowls are a result of staffing shortage.

Presumably, that means they are having difficulty hiring a dishwasher/runner to reuse the stoneware and metal flatware. Hopefully, this is "transitory".

On the plus side for LAX, the new leather chairs look good.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:14 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Does anyone know of any recent discount or retention offers for renewing AS Lounge memberships besides pricing for 75K/100K?
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Noticed a few of the ALs appear to be out of the usual hand soap. Saw Dial at SEA and Mrs. Meyer’s at SFO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.