FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk

Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Old Jul 31, 2021, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Not Seattle based but Iím certainly a frequent visitor. The centurion lounge is always very crowded and is not in the most convenient location. The N lounge, by contrast, is the nicest domestic lounge in the US and Iíve never had to wait to get in. I understand that they are expanding/improving the centurion lounge in the future so perhaps it will be worth looking at again down the line. I currently have the Amex Platinum, CSR and Alaska Lounge membership. My current plan is to cancel the Amex Platinum and keep the CSR. Iím still debating which level of AS me membership to buy l, with the hold up being losing Admirals Club access. I visit cities like Chicago, Nashville and St. Louis where admirals club access it nice to have, so it might be tough to get rid of that.
I've never really been a lounge person, since I usually fly non-stop and time things so I'm not spending much time in airports. Plus 2 of the 3 SoCal airports I use for AS flights (BUR, ONT) don't have lounges at all. I got the CSR before the pandemic and used PP a bit, mostly at restaurants. This year though, I flew paid F most of the first half of the year and took advantage of the lounges for quick stops to coffee and a snack on the way to the gate, and in SEA when I added segments to make 75K this year. It's been nice, and I'm on the edge of whether I should downgrade the CSR to a lower cost card - KAL is the only PP service in LAX, and none of the AS lounges I visit take it anymore (LAX, PDX, SEA) and then get an AS lounge membership just before the prices go up. I'll at least be MVPG, and depending on work travel may be 75K by then. But without the 1.5x I probably won't make 75K next year anyway, so will be back to non-stops with minimal time in airports near lounges.

Sort of a tossup... the N lounge is very nice, but I probably won't be flying through SEA that much anyway...
Old Aug 1, 2021, 9:37 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K/ One World Emerald
Priority Pass no longer accepted at LAX

Well this sucks. Just saw this today at LAX. So is this across all Alaska lounges?

Old Aug 1, 2021, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Sky Dreamer
Well this sucks. Just saw this today at LAX. So is this across all Alaska lounges?

All except JFK. This is great for F flyers and Alaska lounge members. Lounge is way too overcrowded with those PP members bringing their entire family in.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 12:14 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K/ One World Emerald
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Lounge is way too overcrowded with those PP members bringing their entire family in.
Thanks for letting me know, I never got into the LAX, not even once on PP, I did enjoy for what looks like the first and last time using PP for the AS lounges n SEA in May, which was nice. Well I hope the 100k will have some cool lounge benefit then! Guess travel is back now!

Last edited by Sky Dreamer; Aug 2, 2021 at 7:18 am
Old Aug 1, 2021, 8:34 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Its been like that since at least last Thursday.
Sucks for Priority Pass members sure.
Anyone else using the lounge is enjoying a sudden change of more elbow room and less noise.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 1:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
There's a liquor license app now pending!
Passed by T2 recently and the application is posted outside the future entrance.

Also noticed what looked like the same panel design behind the check-in counter seen in the AS promo images is up. Could only see the top part from a distance, so couldnít tell if the ďAlaska LoungeĒ lettering is there yet.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
There's a liquor license app now pending!
Where, where? The app store on my iPhone shows nothing!

Originally Posted by minhaoxue
I passed by today and “peeked” through the side and saw an empty room. No one inside.
This image is from passing by having exited EWR-SFO in the evening of August 2.

Well this sucks. Just saw this today at LAX.
And these two are from my lounge counter only visit in the morning of July 28.

econ likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 10:53 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by vanillabean
This image is from passing by having exited EWR-SFO in the evening of August 2.

Others may lament the (probable) loss of the showers, but I mourn the removal of the synthetic bonsai pine trees.

Old Aug 9, 2021, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve

Interestingly, when I passed through the SEA N lounge last week, I didnít see this sign posted, but rather one that said that that they are ďunable to accept Priority Pass at this timeĒ.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 4:49 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by dayone
Others may lament the (probable) loss of the showers, but I mourn the removal of the synthetic bonsai pine trees.

The trees were moved to the Admirals Club in Terminal 1! So you can always arrive early and use the AC before going through security again into T2.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Newb question: can I use AS lounge passes (earned via 75K) even when I am not flying AS?
Old Aug 9, 2021, 5:44 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Newb question: can I use AS lounge passes (earned via 75K) even when I am not flying AS?
  • A day pass must be used in conjunction with same-day, ticketed air travel on any airline.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...ounge/day-pass
Repooc17 and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 8:30 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by mpeterson78
The trees were moved to the Admirals Club in Terminal 1! So you can always arrive early and use the AC before going through security again into T2.
I've visited the new AC. The trees seemed out of place to me.
mpeterson78 and samosa like this.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 2:53 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
"new" option in LAX for Board Room Members: American has taken over the Terminal 5 Delta SkyClub and its an Admirals Lounge, AND its reopened. Place is huge. Much much better than the T4 AAdmirals lounge and also the AS lounge @ T6. Just a short walk in the underground tunnel between T6 and T5 (escalators in front of the Lounge actually...). Well worth it!
Old Aug 13, 2021, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
"new" option in LAX for Board Room Members: American has taken over the Terminal 5 Delta SkyClub and its an Admirals Lounge, AND its reopened. Place is huge. Much much better than the T4 AAdmirals lounge and also the AS lounge @ T6. Just a short walk in the underground tunnel between T6 and T5 (escalators in front of the Lounge actually...). Well worth it!
Huh? DL moved out of T5 almost 5 years ago. Not sure i'd consider T5 nicer than T4 aesthetically and it is smaller, but to each their own. I definitely would not rate the AC provisions, either in T4 or T5 better than AS.
Bellerina likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.