FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk

Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Old Jul 23, 2021, 7:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
AL supposedly left PP again. Thank goodness hope they wont come back.
Oh, they absolutely will if they are ever on the ropes again.

Regards
Old Jul 23, 2021, 8:26 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I went to the JFK lounge last week. Everything was like normal except people were wearing masks. Looked nice but it's actually not a very large space.

JFK is probably staying open to PP because this is how AS makes money from the fact that it is the only open lounge in that terminal (the BA lounges are all shut). So AS can make money off of both the PP crowd and the BA J/F flyers, as well as Oneworld emeralds/sapphires.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 3:49 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by brentyb
Im in SFO now and I also peaked behind the partition and got a sliver of a glimpse inside.
Exciting! Ill be by again soon. Could you remind me where to look? I wasnt sure from the last time.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 6:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I went to the JFK lounge last week. Everything was like normal except people were wearing masks. Looked nice but it's actually not a very large space.

JFK is probably staying open to PP because this is how AS makes money from the fact that it is the only open lounge in that terminal (the BA lounges are all shut). So AS can make money off of both the PP crowd and the BA J/F flyers, as well as Oneworld emeralds/sapphires.
From UA forum, I saw someone posted that AL@JFK will soon be rebranded as a UC anyone has any insights on this?
Old Jul 23, 2021, 6:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by lonelygod
From UA forum, I saw someone posted that AL@JFK will soon be rebranded as a UC anyone has any insights on this?
Given the increase in AL membership fee coming up, it would seem disappointing if they reduced the number of clubs available (assuming the SFO club isnt ready yet).
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 7:00 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by vanillabean
Exciting! Ill be by again soon. Could you remind me where to look? I wasnt sure from the last time.
When you clear the security checkpoint there are restrooms on the right hand side, immediately followed by a bookstore. The old AC/newAL is directly across the concourse from the bookstore on the left hand side of the terminal.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA1K, AS Gold 75K, HH Diamond, MR Titanium LT Gold, IHG Platinum, HZ PC, CLEAR
AL definitely needed to separate from PP. OW elites and AA club members will replace the PP pax.

I am at SEA today and have enjoyed both PP lounges and all three AL in the last few days. Centurion is separate also. Each lounge has its niche.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 9:58 pm

Programs: Some more than others
Originally Posted by lonelygod
I would be shocked if AS went through the process of reopening the JFK Alaska Lounge just to hand it over to UA less than a month later. That being said, I would not at all be surprised if AS entered into an agreement with UA to provide lounge access to United Club members and J customers at JFK.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SCChris
I would be shocked if AS went through the process of reopening the JFK Alaska Lounge just to hand it over to UA less than a month later. That being said, I would not at all be surprised if AS entered into an agreement with UA to provide lounge access to United Club members and J customers at JFK.
Everything has a price. If UA wants to pay AS enough, AL members will have access to the "new" UA lounge. BTW what became of the old UA RCC and F lounge spaces?
Buster CT1K likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 8:24 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Everything has a price. If UA wants to pay AS enough, AL members will have access to the "new" UA lounge. BTW what became of the old UA RCC and F lounge spaces?
It's the AL.

The AL did a massive renovation on the old UA RCC and F lounge space before reopening several years back. And to get even more obscure, that also included the Westin Renewal Lounge which was inside the F lounge.
anteater likes this.

Last edited by NoLaGent; Jul 27, 2021 at 8:32 am
Old Jul 28, 2021, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by vanillabean
They are doing some kind of floor tile work now. Notice of application for a liquor license is also up. Wonder if the lounge will be operated by an independent contractor ie HMS vs internal Alaska operation.

Last edited by Babydoll4u; Jul 28, 2021 at 3:50 pm
Old Jul 28, 2021, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Babydoll4u
They are doing some kind of floor tile work now. Notice of application for a liquor license is also up. Wonder if the lounge will be operated by an independent contractor ie HMS vs internal Alaska operation.
Alaska has never contracted out its lounge ops - this has a good and a bad side, in that the agents are 'management" and can't contractually perform anything more than rudimentary passenger assistance functions, such as telling you what gate to go to, or reissuing a BP. If AS wants to play in the big leagues, it needs dedicated experienced ticketing agents, or at least one, planted during opening hours in each lounge.
Carfield, pcoll and Guate87 like this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 11:29 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
it needs dedicated experienced ticketing agents, or at least one, planted during opening hours in each lounge.
totally, especially during weather delays, if concourse customer service agents are swamped, or even sometimes you need to go to the landside, lounge ticketing agents can be a lifesaver. Although their phone lines are usually good, it is always nice to walk up to someone to get help.
Guate87 likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 11:14 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Any SEA based AS FF using or see value in the AMeX centurion lounge access with the Platinum card? How is this useful or best used in the rest of the west coast, east coast or Midwest where AS has direct flights?

I’m considering the $695 annual fee as an alternative to renewal of the AS board room
Old Jul 31, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Xrayman
Any SEA based AS FF using or see value in the AMeX centurion lounge access with the Platinum card? How is this useful or best used in the rest of the west coast, east coast or Midwest where AS has direct flights?

Im considering the $695 annual fee as an alternative to renewal of the AS board room
Not Seattle based but Im certainly a frequent visitor. The centurion lounge is always very crowded and is not in the most convenient location. The N lounge, by contrast, is the nicest domestic lounge in the US and Ive never had to wait to get in. I understand that they are expanding/improving the centurion lounge in the future so perhaps it will be worth looking at again down the line. I currently have the Amex Platinum, CSR and Alaska Lounge membership. My current plan is to cancel the Amex Platinum and keep the CSR. Im still debating which level of AS me membership to buy l, with the hold up being losing Admirals Club access. I visit cities like Chicago, Nashville and St. Louis where admirals club access it nice to have, so it might be tough to get rid of that.
mildfrequence and mtofell like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.