FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk

Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Old Jul 7, 2021, 1:19 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by esc2476
I was thinking of buying an Admiral's Club membership (or upgrading by AAdvantage card from Platinum), but buying an Alaska club membership seems like a better deal. is there any downside to buying a membership with Alaska and using that to gain access to Admiral's Club lounges? I would use the Alaskan lounges, but not frequently enough to make a membership for that alone worthwhile.
Check on the number of guests allowed with each club. I don't have the answer offhand just some vague recollection there may have been a difference.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by esc2476
I was thinking of buying an Admiral's Club membership (or upgrading by AAdvantage card from Platinum), but buying an Alaska club membership seems like a better deal. is there any downside to buying a membership with Alaska and using that to gain access to Admiral's Club lounges? I would use the Alaskan lounges, but not frequently enough to make a membership for that alone worthwhile.
I had a similar question upthread when I was making my decision on which membership to purchase a few weeks ago, especially around lounge access on various codeshares. I hunted down some answers, so I’ll elaborate a bit here.

The long short of it is that with an Admiral’s Club membership by AA, you get access to the Admirals Club whenever you fly with an AA marketed flight (i.e., your boarding pass shows an AA flight number). If you have a membership from Alaska, you only get access when you fly on a flight both marketed and operated by American Airlines or Alaska Airlines (i.e, your boarding pass must show an AA flight number or an AS flight number, and you must fly on an AA/AS plane). The flip side is with an Alaska membership, you get access to Alaska lounges no matter who you’re flying. So, if you’re like me, and do a fair bit of flying on airlines other than AA and AS, you may wish to weigh this carefully.

Here’s a chart that tries to explain out all the rules.

chrisny2, NoLaGent, pcoll and 8 others like this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
JFK opening 7/14

With BA lounges still closed at JFK, AS lounge will be a popular spot for both BA, AS and NH passengers... Anyone flying 14th? So glad I was wrong about JFK AS lounge closure and JFK lounge is back.

Jiburi
Old Jul 7, 2021, 6:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, AA Platinum, United Silver
Originally Posted by RememberTheConcord
I had a similar question upthread when I was making my decision on which membership to purchase a few weeks ago, especially around lounge access on various codeshares. I hunted down some answers, so I’ll elaborate a bit here.

The long short of it is that with an Admiral’s Club membership by AA, you get access to the Admirals Club whenever you fly with an AA marketed flight (i.e., your boarding pass shows an AA flight number). If you have a membership from Alaska, you only get access when you fly on a flight both marketed and operated by American Airlines or Alaska Airlines (i.e, your boarding pass must show an AA flight number or an AS flight number, and you must fly on an AA/AS plane). The flip side is with an Alaska membership, you get access to Alaska lounges no matter who you’re flying. So, if you’re like me, and do a fair bit of flying on airlines other than AA and AS, you may wish to weigh this carefully.

Here’s a chart that tries to explain out all the rules.
[That chart] is really helpful. Much appreciated!

Last edited by dayone; Jul 7, 2021 at 7:56 pm Reason: Deleted quoted image for readability.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by jiburi
With BA lounges still closed at JFK, AS lounge will be a popular spot for both BA, AS and NH passengers...
It was mentioned on the UA forum that it may be accessible to some UA pax as well.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by jiburi
With BA lounges still closed at JFK, AS lounge will be a popular spot for both BA, AS and NH passengers... Anyone flying 14th? So glad I was wrong about JFK AS lounge closure and JFK lounge is back.

Jiburi
Very smart of AS to reopen and take revenue from BA and PP.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 11:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Just found out my sister is flying through JFK on AA on the 14th. If she has an Alaska lounge pass (from me), she would be able to access it with her AA BP, right?
Or can she not access it (or probably wouldnt want to) because AA is in terminal 8?
Old Jul 8, 2021, 4:56 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just back from my trip, when I was at the LAX lounge 7/3 morning between 7:45 - 8:30, there was one mob after another storming the lounge. At one point, there were like 15-20 people at the front desk. Most of them were trying to use PP WITHOUT getting on the waitlist. As a result, the agent turned away maybe 80-90% of the people.
The ANC lounge seems much organized once they eliminate PP access at the late evening peak hour. They did not, however, replenish food very well. If they were gone, then they would not refill most of the items.
anteater likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:36 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Stick with the Alaska lounge over the Admirals club at LAX for now, unless you want even bigger crowds, smaller food selection, rude bartenders (where no complimentary mimosas are on offer) and delightful conversations between entitled concierge key members berating staff because a car isnt available to drive them one terminal over and save them a 5 minute walk .
Old Jul 14, 2021, 12:48 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Stick with the Alaska lounge over the Admirals club at LAX for now, unless you want even bigger crowds, smaller food selection, rude bartenders (where no complimentary mimosas are on offer) and delightful conversations between entitled concierge key members berating staff because a car isnt available to drive them one terminal over and save them a 5 minute walk .
I was at the Admirals Club (with the Flagship lounge on 2nd floor) recently as an Alaska Lounge Member and had an awesome experience. I noticed a flight to FNT was 5 minutes from boarding due to being delayed which meant I would not have a 2.5 hr layover if I could make that flight, the people at the lounge not only booked me on that flight, but also arranged for the concierge cart to take me to Gate 21 (last gate in G) as I never would have made the flight otherwise. (recovering from knee surgery and hobbling using a cane still). I don't think it was because of the cane, I think it was just how nice the agents at the Admirals Club lounge are. That location is my favorite because I always have nice things happen to me when I visit there. My experiences at the Austin Admirals Club is also very good and friendly. Have not been to the LAX club though so I cannot say how they are there. For me, with my almost exclusively domestic travel, the Alaska Lounge membership has been worth it.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 12:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by ctporter
I was at the Admirals Club (with the Flagship lounge on 2nd floor) recently as an Alaska Lounge Member and had an awesome experience. I noticed a flight to FNT was 5 minutes from boarding due to being delayed which meant I would not have a 2.5 hr layover if I could make that flight, the people at the lounge not only booked me on that flight, but also arranged for the concierge cart to take me to Gate 21 (last gate in G) as I never would have made the flight otherwise. (recovering from knee surgery and hobbling using a cane still). I don't think it was because of the cane, I think it was just how nice the agents at the Admirals Club lounge are. That location is my favorite because I always have nice things happen to me when I visit there. My experiences at the Austin Admirals Club is also very good and friendly. Have not been to the LAX club though so I cannot say how they are there. For me, with my almost exclusively domestic travel, the Alaska Lounge membership has been worth it.
Glad to hear my experience might have been a fluke. The agents were helpful, however, I only know this because they had to help with rebooking due to a delayed flight (crew issues).
Old Jul 14, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Today is the JFK lounge reopening date. Any reviews from JFK today will be welcome!
Old Jul 14, 2021, 5:47 pm

Programs: AS, AA, BA, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Today is the JFK lounge reopening date. Any reviews from JFK today will be welcome!
We're coming back from a PDX-SFO round trip on October 2, with an I fare. Hope the SFO lounge is ready by then, but not expecting it.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ziggy29
We're coming back from a PDX-SFO round trip on October 2, with an I fare. Hope the SFO lounge is ready by then, but not expecting it.
No date yet but I would hope by then...
Guate87 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 3:16 am

Programs: UA1K, AS Gold 75K, HH Diamond, MR Titanium LT Gold, IHG Platinum, HZ PC, CLEAR
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
On 7/13 I went to both the AA and AS clubs at LAX, as I did the week before that, and the week before that...

It's often a time of day issue based on the number of departures. At the AS lounge, I walked past 10 PP members crowding the elevator upon entry but upon exit there were none.

The opposite happened at the AA lounge. I was alone on checkin but there was a line going out the door when I left.

I am ready for the AA showers to open back up. What CDC mandate says showers must be closed? AS doesn't have showers, so I'm not frustrated with them.
RAD_PDX likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.