FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk

Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Old Jul 1, 2021, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chrisl137
LAX lounge is relatively quiet- came in a bit before 8 pm on an F ticket. The sign is out for PP, but not anybody else- waitlist is 24.

Food is self serve - veggies and hummus, brownies, bread bits, crackers, cookies, warps, cheese, and a functional pancake machine. No chips out right now, and no pre-packed salads.
And no soup? I'll miss the pre-packaged salads, well the ones with the romaine lettuce, not whatever lawn clippings they're using up at the N lounge in SEA.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
And no soup? I'll miss the pre-packaged salads, well the ones with the romaine lettuce, not whatever lawn clippings they're using up at the N lounge in SEA.
yes, soup. Im not really a soup person so I neglected it when I was running down the list.

eta: broccoli cheddar
Old Jul 1, 2021, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chrisl137
yes, soup. Im not really a soup person so I neglected it when I was running down the list.
No problem....I'm a soup person as long as it's not tomato or split pea....ewww.....
Old Jul 1, 2021, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by sfflyer415
Anyone passing by SFO notice the construction progress for the new AS Lounge? I think I read the new lounge is to open end of summer, hope theyre still on track for end of August/early September.
I passed by today and peeked through the side and saw an empty room. No one inside.

anteater likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Hi everyone, I'm planning on buying an Alaska Lounge membership before I take my string of flights to maximise the one year before the price increase like many others. I was just wondering if anyone knows if the membership is immediate (like I can buy the moments before arriving to the airport) or if I will need a few days for it to process? Want every day I can in these times

Thank you for the assistance, hope to see y'all around in the lounges
Old Jul 2, 2021, 2:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by CathayMVP
Hi everyone, I'm planning on buying an Alaska Lounge membership before I take my string of flights to maximise the one year before the price increase like many others. I was just wondering if anyone knows if the membership is immediate (like I can buy the moments before arriving to the airport) or if I will need a few days for it to process? Want every day I can in these times

You can buy it in lounge IIRC but wiser heads could confirm this
CathayMVP likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K

If you want the best bang for your buck, buy it in the lounge when you are first ready to use it.
PDXPremier, anteater and CathayMVP like this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
You can buy it in lounge IIRC but wiser heads could confirm this
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
If you want the best bang for your buck, buy it in the lounge when you are first ready to use it.
Oh wow awesome, thank you both for the quick responses.

I couldn't find any restrictions regarding this but are you okay to use the lounge on arrival? I will be coming into SEA with a 12 hour layover (ofc will be exploring the city as well ) and wondering if it's possible to go to the lounges once on arrival. If so, would I still be able to enter the lounges on departure 12 hours later or will there be a limit?

Thank you for your assistance. Couldn't find any published rules but of course, I would like to double check with the amazing FTers
Old Jul 2, 2021, 2:49 pm

Oh wow awesome, thank you both for the quick responses.

I couldn't find any restrictions regarding this but are you okay to use the lounge on arrival? I will be coming into SEA with a 12 hour layover (ofc will be exploring the city as well ) and wondering if it's possible to go to the lounges once on arrival. If so, would I still be able to enter the lounges on departure 12 hours later or will there be a limit?

Thank you for your assistance. Couldn't find any published rules but of course, I would like to double check with the amazing FTers
On arrival, yes. Is the 12 hours the same day? If so, I dont see why not.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I do prefer to just show my digital card if I'm visiting on arrival just cause it feels weird to show them a boarding pass for a flight I've already taken, but regardless, most of the lounge agents seem to prefer to scan a boarding pass rather than the digital card and I wonder why.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 2:55 pm

On arrival, yes. Is the 12 hours the same day? If so, I dont see why not.
Awesome, thank you for that! The 12 hours is the same day yes 8 am get into SEA and 8 pm leave SEA. Will be a rough trip but glad to have access to the AS Lounges.

Thank you again cheers
RAD_PDX likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I do prefer to just show my digital card if I'm visiting on arrival just cause it feels weird to show them a boarding pass for a flight I've already taken, but regardless, most of the lounge agents seem to prefer to scan a boarding pass rather than the digital card and I wonder why.
The last time I tried to use the digital card, I was told that all the info they need is in the boarding pass and that after they join OW (this was right before that) they woulnd't even accept the digital card anymore. I'm gussing it is just an added layer of protection to require a boarding pass, since you could send a screenshot of your digital card to whoever you want.
PDXPremier likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The last time I tried to use the digital card, I was told that all the info they need is in the boarding pass and that after they join OW (this was right before that) they woulnd't even accept the digital card anymore. I'm gussing it is just an added layer of protection to require a boarding pass, since you could send a screenshot of your digital card to whoever you want.
Good thing you could never send a printable copy, or otherwise send your PNR # to whomever you want to print a BP. Safety First!
Old Jul 2, 2021, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Good thing you could never send a printable copy, or otherwise send your PNR # to whomever you want to print a BP. Safety First!
Wasn't it done with the fingerprint scanner pre-covid? Why would you need a printed copy of your lounge membership to get in? (I bought be membership during COVID so I actually don't know) Also, your name is tied to your FF # so what good does sending you PNR # to someone with a different name do?
Old Jul 2, 2021, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Wasn't it done with the fingerprint scanner pre-covid? Why would you need a printed copy of your lounge membership to get in? (I bought be membership during COVID so I actually don't know) Also, your name is tied to your FF # so what good does sending you PNR # to someone with a different name do?
Sending a screenshot of your digital card, without asking for ID, is as secure as sending the a printable BP (or access to a printable BP - all that is needed is PNR # and last name) if they're not checking ID.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.