FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk

Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Old Jun 30, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I do, however, miss being able to stop at the Caper's Market in PDX and pick up $28 in free "groceries" (per person)....anyone remember that?
My wife and I did this several times when arriving from a weekend trip ($56!!). Made for a nice transition back to home with the first meal for the kids already figured out.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mtofell
My wife and I did this several times when arriving from a weekend trip ($56!!). Made for a nice transition back to home with the first meal for the kids already figured out.
It worked out best when my wife and I had our kids because each kid got to be a "guest" so it was ($28 x 4).
Global321 and mtofell like this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by simonsuo
I went so far and did not mind re-clear security. Never been to PDX lounge though, from the map it seems tiny. If they have a salmon salad, then I probably won't go that far anymore.

Has anyone been to the LAX lounge after 6/15? is it full capacity now? I'll fly in and out the July 4th weekend, assuming a packed terminal.
I'm flying on the 4th and most flights still seem to have plenty of seats so I have a feeling the LAX Lounge will be emptier than it's been in awhile.....perhaps it will be busier on the Saturday before or Monday after the 4th?
Old Jun 30, 2021, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I'm flying on the 4th and most flights still seem to have plenty of seats so I have a feeling the LAX Lounge will be emptier than it's been in awhile.....perhaps it will be busier on the Saturday before or Monday after the 4th?
It was pretty full the week before 6/15, but partly because of the way seats are grouped. I'll probably be going through tomorrow evening and will report.

I'm wondering if people are changing vacation plans because of the heat in the PNW. I know a couple who came back from PDX to LA early because of it.
simonsuo likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 1:40 pm

Programs: Some more than others

Has anyone been to the LAX lounge after 6/15? is it full capacity now? I'll fly in and out the July 4th weekend, assuming a packed terminal.
I was there this past Sunday morning, it seems like the tables/chairs are back to roughly pre-Covid. Lounge was maybe 1/2 to 2/3 full when I left, they had put the PP sign out (8 groups on wait list). The sign only referenced PP, so AL/AS F/OW/AA AC members could presumably bypass it and go right in.

I would expect that the PP waitlist to be long this weekend.
simonsuo likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 2:13 pm

Programs: AS
At SEA N lounge now. Chatted with concierge regarding capacity guidance as today is full open in Washington.
They report that they have not been given any information regarding capacity of lounge. No updates or news.
Pretty full right now…much more than A month ago..
dayone likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chrisl137
It was pretty full the week before 6/15, but partly because of the way seats are grouped. I'll probably be going through tomorrow evening and will report.

I'm wondering if people are changing vacation plans because of the heat in the PNW. I know a couple who came back from PDX to LA early because of it.
The heat wave is officially over at least in PDX....cloudy and in the 70s all day today here.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 10:09 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
SFO Lounge

Anyone passing by SFO notice the construction progress for the new AS Lounge? I think I read the new lounge is to open end of summer, hope theyre still on track for end of August/early September.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 10:24 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by sfflyer415
Anyone passing by SFO notice the construction progress for the new AS Lounge? I think I read the new lounge is to open end of summer, hope theyre still on track for end of August/early September.
They are still on schedule for their anticipated opening date (which hasnt been published yet).
Eastbay1K and ACBLtd like this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Remember, "summer" technically doesn't end until after Labor Day so I don't see this opening before September.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 12:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Didn't notice any work happening when I passed through last week. Doors were closed, lights were out.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 2:14 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
just noticed ANC lounge updates its PP access hours to
05:00 - 20:00 daily.
Probably like that for a few weeks, but good to see they reflect the new hours.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

just noticed ANC lounge updates its PP access hours to
05:00 - 20:00 daily.
Probably like that for a few weeks, but good to see they reflect the new hours.
What were the PP hours before? 0500-20:00 seems like PP can access the lounge all but the last few hours of the day.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LAX lounge is relatively quiet- came in a bit before 8 pm on an F ticket. The sign is out for PP, but not anybody else- waitlist is 24.

Food is self serve - veggies and hummus, brownies, bread bits, crackers, cookies, warps, cheese, and a functional pancake machine. No chips out right now, and no pre-packed salads.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by econ
Didn't notice any work happening when I passed through last week. Doors were closed, lights were out.
Well, that's probably not a good sign but to be fair, even though this is a former lounge, remodeling it to match the AS lounge theme (including all new furniture, staffing, etc.) is likely to take much longer than it might seem--I'd have to go back and check, but the plan for an AS Lounge at SFO was originally announced YEARS ago and we still don't have a specific opening date....my guess is that AS doesn't want to "officially" announce a specific date until it's much closer to actually opening. As a side note, I'm curious what happened to (or will happen to) the space that they were originally building for the SFO lounge....it must have been a lot cheaper and less time consuming to switch to the former AC location although it looked like it was going to be pretty impressive so maybe a few more years would have been worth the wait.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.