FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk

Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Old Jun 4, 2021, 12:09 am

Has anyone tried to access an Admirals Club using an AS lounge membership and an AA boarding pass for a flight marketed by AA but operated by JetBlue?

The Alaska Lounge membership website states that for Admirals Club access: “Flight must be marketed by Alaska Airlines or American Airlines and must be operated by Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, or a regional affiliate.”

So the question boils down to if JetBlue counts as a regional affiliate of American Airlines in this case, which is fuzzy because parts of the AA/B6 Northeast Alliance are fairly similar to a regional feeder operation for American.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 3:08 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 7K, MARRIOTT PLAT PREMIER WITH AMBASSADOR
Originally Posted by pmblinn
No question. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200. Go to N and never turn back.
Eh I disagree the c lounge to me still the best when available but I am a sucker for the private phone rooms so maybe thats why its best to me!
Old Jun 7, 2021, 8:43 pm

JFK Lounge Open Date?

Has anyone seen any info on the reopening date for the JFK Alaska lounge? Will be traveling through there in September and am hoping to check it out for the first time. I assume the closure may still be tied to New York Covid lockdown measures though it seems other lounges there are back open
Old Jun 7, 2021, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jhawk737
Has anyone seen any info on the reopening date for the JFK Alaska lounge? Will be traveling through there in September and am hoping to check it out for the first time. I assume the closure may still be tied to New York Covid lockdown measures though it seems other lounges there are back open
I don't know for sure but I think that lounge is closed for good.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 8:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
An optimist view is that they will work out a deal with UA and BA traffic picks up enough to justify opening AS but not enough to open the BA lounges + PP acceptance would make bean counters think its a profitable venture. UA and AS have a few agreements elsewhere so its not like they dont work together when necessary
Old Jun 7, 2021, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
An optimist view is that they will work out a deal with UA and BA traffic picks up enough to justify opening AS but not enough to open the BA lounges + PP acceptance would make bean counters think its a profitable venture. UA and AS have a few agreements elsewhere so its not like they dont work together when necessary
I could see it being a UA Club that allows Alaska Lounge members.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 10:22 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I don't know for sure but I think that lounge is closed for good.
At this point, I cannot see AS reopening the JFK lounge. It was nice but never very busy pre-Covid when I was there. Now, with the loss of the vast majority of the AS flights into JFK, I just cannot see it opening again. My guess is that we will see some access to the AA lounges and T-7 will be gone before too long.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 10:18 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, HH Diamond, A3 Gold, ALL Gold
Doubt

Hello everyone. I was reading Alaska Lounge policies and realized that limit to alcoholic drinks serves to a member or guest is three. I wonder if AA, UA, DL have similar policies.
It is mere curiosity, I do not live in the US, nor have any booked flights on AS, but I am considering booking a F ticket for next year (I know, rules can always change...)
This is no game changer, nor do I look to get drunk! However, on some long layovers (over 4h), weighting 250 pounds I would consider getting a fourth beer (no spirits, though!).
Is this serving policy enforced? How is it compared to other carriers?
Old Jun 10, 2021, 10:27 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by BRflyer
Hello everyone. I was reading Alaska Lounge policies and realized that limit to alcoholic drinks serves to a member or guest is three. I wonder if AA, UA, DL have similar policies.
It is mere curiosity, I do not live in the US, nor have any booked flights on AS, but I am considering booking a F ticket for next year (I know, rules can always change...)
This is no game changer, nor do I look to get drunk! However, on some long layovers (over 4h), weighting 250 pounds I would consider getting a fourth beer (no spirits, though!).
Having been a lounge member for over 25 years, I can say that this policy is only loosely enforced .There is one lounge attendant at ANC that is overly zealous about this, but she is easy to spot and mostly I try to avoid her. Pace yourself and you should be fine. And I do not recall that sign being out on my recent visits. It may have changed with the OW alliance.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 12:37 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by BRflyer
The last time I was in the lounge at SEA I got a mimosa flight that consisted of 4 various flavoured mimosas. They were all full glasses.

I have on multiple occasions had 4 or 5 drinks (including spirits) and I have never seen them enforce the 3 drink limit. Given the rotation of bar tenders at SEA, I cant see it being a problem there unless you are obviously drunk.
be_rettSEA and safari ari like this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 1:26 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
fyi, no more beer or mimosa flights @ N lounge
Old Jun 11, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Bellerina
The last time I was in the lounge at SEA I got a mimosa flight that consisted of 4 various flavoured mimosas. They were all full glasses.

I have on multiple occasions had 4 or 5 drinks (including spirits) and I have never seen them enforce the 3 drink limit. Given the rotation of bar tenders at SEA, I cant see it being a problem there unless you are obviously drunk.
I have had 10 double bourbons and 2 beers in a 3 hour visit, and no one batted an eye. ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Meaning no more beer flights?
simonsuo likes this.

Last edited by anteater; Jun 11, 2021 at 12:11 pm
Old Jun 11, 2021, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Oh no. That was always so much fun -- and I didn't know they had mimosa flights.

I guess next time I'll just have to get five full glasses

-J.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 12:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Oh no! This must be very recent. I just had that mimosa flight last month.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Doubtful future of JFK Lounge

Originally Posted by BOB W
At this point, I cannot see AS reopening the JFK lounge. It was nice but never very busy pre-Covid when I was there. Now, with the loss of the vast majority of the AS flights into JFK, I just cannot see it opening again. My guess is that we will see some access to the AA lounges and T-7 will be gone before too long.
Sadly, I agree. This summer, AS would have returned 7 flights (2X SEA, 1X PDX, 1X LAX, 1X SFO, 1X SAN) but its route frequencies still are at a reduced levels. In comparison, BA also has not opened any of its 3 JFK lounges, with only 2 of 7 flights currently operating. With both BA and AS uncertain timeline for their move to T8, I believe it is difficult for both airlines to committing post-covid resources for a temporary decision only to close it in the near future.

Jiburi

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.