Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Does email about status extension to yearend override 3 month status match?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2021, 1:52 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

My husband currently has a 3 month Alaska Airlines status match to MVP Gold 75K. During the 3 months, he has to fly a certain number of miles to retain the status. It is unlikely that he will be able to retain the 75K level; we expect he will do sufficient to get the lowest status level. However, he got an email today stating that his status has been extended to Dec 31 2021. Was this email sent in error? Let's say it was an error. The same email says he gets 50% more elite qualifying miles on Alaska flights between Jan 1 and June 30. Is that part accurate in terms of his status match? It would be helpful if it is.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 2:18 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
My husband currently has a 3 month Alaska Airlines status match to MVP Gold 75K. During the 3 months, he has to fly a certain number of miles to retain the status. It is unlikely that he will be able to retain the 75K level; we expect he will do sufficient to get the lowest status level. However, he got an email today stating that his status has been extended to Dec 31 2021. Was this email sent in error? Let's say it was an error. The same email says he gets 50% more elite qualifying miles on Alaska flights between Jan 1 and June 30. Is that part accurate in terms of his status match? It would be helpful if it is.
The 50% bonus EQM's is unrelated to status. It's a way to drive more business and offer an opportunity for flyers to reach status faster.

No idea if an extension on a status match is intentional. He could check his mileage plan "card" via the app and see when the expiration is, although I don't know whether it normally reflects accurate dates associated with a status match.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 3:14 pm

I got the email too this morning, but having checked my membership card it still says march 2021.. so i guess this isnt valid to us. thats fine though because i booked a few mileage runs! mvp100k here i come!
Old Jan 11, 2021, 4:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by Brainless69
I got the email too this morning, but having checked my membership card it still says march 2021.. so i guess this isnt valid to us. thats fine though because i booked a few mileage runs! mvp100k here i come!
Same here, I guess this was just a email blast targeting issue. Unfortunately for us they didn't have the same targeting issue for status extension or "letter from the CEO" discount codes. With the 50% EQM boost through June, and relatively cheap F fares, I'm not worried even if my challenge runs out.
Brainless69 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 7:25 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Has anyone reached the 3 month time for the status match who didn't fly enough to retain that level? Did you drop, or did AS actually keep you at that level as the email said they would?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.