Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

[Speculation] Discussion the New MVP Gold 100K Tier (2022)

[Speculation] Discussion the New MVP Gold 100K Tier (2022)

Old Sep 16, 2021, 12:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by MileageMule
Pretty disappointing IMO.

- 25% bonus increase. (hundreds of thousands of miles accumulated getting to status, so another bonus isn't really exciting)
- "higher waitlist priority" (i.e. no change)
- same number of (useless) GGUs
- Two AA International upgrades +1
- Complimentary beverage AND snack in main cabin (not very reassuring for upgrades)
- Same number of lounge passes

Would have been nice to see additional lounge passes, and maybe upgrade to premium from X on solo flights. It would also have been nice to see some type of partnership with Hyatt/Mariott/Hilton/Avis/Hertz for comp status like other airlines do.

That said, one thing that would really tick me off is if they start to status match to 100k. When everyone is top tier, status becomes useless.
Seems like this is just the beginning, which makes sense since it's not fully flushed out.. From the bottom of the page: "Look for additional MVP Gold 100K perks to be introduced later in 2022, for the 2023 program year."
Old Sep 16, 2021, 12:05 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by MileageMule
Pretty disappointing IMO.

- 25% bonus increase. (hundreds of thousands of miles accumulated getting to status, so another bonus isn't really exciting)
- "higher waitlist priority" (i.e. no change)
- same number of (useless) GGUs
- Two AA International upgrades +1
- Complimentary beverage AND snack in main cabin (not very reassuring for upgrades)
- Same number of lounge passes

Would have been nice to see additional lounge passes, and maybe upgrade to premium from X on solo flights. It would also have been nice to see some type of partnership with Hyatt/Mariott/Hilton/Avis/Hertz for comp status like other airlines do.

That said, one thing that would really tick me off is if they start to status match to 100k. When everyone is top tier, status becomes useless.
Agreed. The difference in benefits from MVP to Gold is huge, and for only a mere 20k miles difference (mileage bonus, ability to upgrade a companion, higher u/g priority,more instant upgrades to prem or F, GGUs). The difference in Gold to 75k benefits is not huge by any means (bigger bonus, lounge passes, higher u/g priority) for a much bigger mileage commitment (35k). And even less so for 100k (bigger bonus, higher u/g priority, what else?) for flying an extra 60k. Oh, and a snack in coach! I know I haven’t listed all the benefits, but these are the biggest.

This is a pretty big disappointment, to me anyways. I want more tangible benefits. More GGUs, more lounge passes, more something. This is a big nothingburger.

i do like that they have increased the AS segment requirements for 2022 though.
anteater, mtnsider, hyedmd and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:07 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
LOL, funny.

Folks need to get out of the basement and actually get on an airplane. Every one I'm on domestic and international, every week, every month, are JAM PACKED. Been that way since spring.

Should rename the forum basement talk
I've flown 153k miles this year, but my head's not in the clouds like you
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Finkface
Agreed. The difference in benefits from MVP to Gold is huge, and for only a mere 20k miles difference (mileage bonus, ability to upgrade a companion, higher u/g priority,more instant upgrades to prem or F, GGUs). The difference in Gold to 75k benefits is not huge by any means (bigger bonus, lounge passes, higher u/g priority) for a much bigger mileage commitment (35k). And even less so for 100k (bigger bonus, higher u/g priority, what else?) for flying an extra 60k. Oh, and a snack in coach! I know I havent listed all the benefits, but these are the biggest.

This is a pretty big disappointment, to me anyways. I want more tangible benefits. More GGUs, more lounge passes, more something. This is a big nothingburger.

i do like that they have increased the AS segment requirements for 2022 though.
And it looks like they took away the 50K RDM bonus and nomination of an MVP at 75K.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by chrisl137
And it looks like they took away the 50K RDM bonus and nomination of an MVP at 75K.
The 50k RDM bonus at 75K is still listed under earning benefits. They may have removed the nomination of an MVP though, as it appears to be gone (but may just be an error).
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
The 50k RDM bonus at 75K is still listed under earning benefits. They may have removed the nomination of an MVP though, as it appears to be gone (but may just be an error).
They added it in the last few minutes - it wasn't there until I reloaded the web page a second ago.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
New email received - "Update: You've reached MVP Gold 100K status!"

Yay!
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
The minimum of 24 segments on Alaska will mean I miss the new tier. I'll have 100K+ miles but under 10 segments.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by JHake10
The minimum of 24 segments on Alaska will mean I miss the new tier. I'll have 100K+ miles but under 10 segments.
Good because you're just playing the partner credit game. If you're serious about your commitment to Alaska just do some segment runs.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Good because you're just playing the partner credit game. If you're serious about your commitment to Alaska just do some segment runs.
AS has cut heavy out of SFO. I've been flying more AA once the Oneworld tie up happened. Its also odd that AS one way fares from SFO-JFK are 849 while AA/UA/DL are 650 with a better product. Not sure the benefits are worth playing the AS segment game.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by JHake10
AS has cut heavy out of SFO. I've been flying more AA once the Oneworld tie up happened. Its also odd that AS one way fares from SFO-JFK are 849 while AA/UA/DL are 650 with a better product. Not sure the benefits are worth playing the AS segment game.
That just means AS isn't for you anymore. It happens. EXP would be a better status for you to have or even CK.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 2:21 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K/ One World Emerald
I don't want a snack, I want a meal! :-(

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.