Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Is Seat Blocking Still Taking Place in F? (Only 1C on Airbus and E75 for FAs)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2021, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k

Schedule to have a couple flights in the next several weeks all on E75 planes. Is seat blocking and limits still taking place ??
Old Jan 10, 2021, 7:56 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Xrayman
Schedule to have a couple flights in the next several weeks all on E75 planes. Is seat blocking and limits still taking place ??
Seat-blocking ended 1/6/21. On B73X & A32X, middle seats in Premium are blocked through 5/31/21.

James
chrisl137 and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 8:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Seat blocking on E75s ended December 4.

In F, pick an A seat if you don't want a neighbor.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 8:13 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Xrayman
Originally Posted by Kacee
Seat blocking on E75s ended December 4.

In F, pick an A seat if you don't want a neighbor.
This is correct and 1C is also blocked through the end of the schedule for an FA. On the E75 tho, I've never seen them use it as there's only 1 FA at the front, which makes 1A even better, altho my favorite solo seat on that aircraft is 2A.
JacksonFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
This is correct and 1C is also blocked through the end of the schedule for an FA. On the E75 tho, I've never seen them use it as there's only 1 FA at the front, which makes 1A even better, altho my favorite solo seat on that aircraft is 2A.
Agree, my preferred seat under normal circumstances is 2A. However, during social distancing era I liked 4D best as it permitted me to use 4C as a place for coat and brief case after take off.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 9:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
my favorite solo seat on that aircraft is 2A
I also prefer 2A, as I can get off the aircraft quickly. I like to spend as little time in the aisle as possible.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just booked a bunch of flights through March. It looks like there's still middle seat blocking in PC, but F and regular Y don't have blocking for pax distancing.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 3:45 pm

Programs: Yes
Just landed on a transcon 737 seated in 1F with 1D blocked and 2 FA in FC and both used the jump seats, declined to use 1D.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by anteater
Just landed on a transcon 737 seated in 1F with 1D blocked and 2 FA in FC and both used the jump seats, declined to use 1D.
Was it something you said?

(Kidding, that's their call)
AS Flyer, zs58 and anteater like this.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by anteater
they made a VERY last minute change to continue to block 1D for the Flight Attendants so they wouldn't be sitting so close to the other FA on the forward jumpseat. They discontinued blocking 1F and will seat paid or upgraded passengers there.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 4:07 pm

Was it something you said?

(Kidding, that's their call)
actually, it's not really their call - the current jumpseat locations approved by the FAA are one FA on the fwd jumpseat and one FA in 1D. Until that officially changes, per the FAA, that's where They're supposed to sit. Some FA's prefer the jumpseat but it's not really a choice right now.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
actually, it's not really their call - the current jumpseat locations approved by the FAA are one FA on the fwd jumpseat and one FA in 1D. Until that officially changes, per the FAA, that's where They're supposed to sit. Some FA's prefer the jumpseat but it's not really a choice right now.
10-4. I think I'm conflating it with the E175s, where they often don't take 1C, but that's with a solo FA in the front.
AS Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Flew a 738 from PDX-OGG today and the only seat blocked in FC was 1D. They announced that is was blocked so a FA could sit there during take off and landing--a social distancing thing they said.
I wonder if AS can afford to give up the revenue?
Old Jan 10, 2021, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Flew a 738 from PDX-OGG today and the only seat blocked in FC was 1D. They announced that is was blocked so a FA could sit there during take off and landing--a social distancing thing they said.
I wonder if AS can afford to give up the revenue?
If the FA union demands it, they can. Although if the empty middles in regular coach and the empty adjacent seats in first are no longer being done for passengers, it makes the need for spacing the FAs kind of dubious.
AS Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 9:54 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Seat-blocking ended 1/6/21. On B73X & A32X, middle seats in Premium are blocked through 5/31/21.

James
I still notice blocked seats on A321 in F on my upcoming LAXFLL flight.

How does it work with upgrades now? I rather have an empty middle in Premium as I do now, then sit next to somebody in F. Should I cancel the F upgrade request?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.