Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Some Passengers Banned on AS Flight Back From the DC Insurrection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some Passengers Banned on AS Flight Back From the DC Insurrection

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2021, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by BOB W
Do the airlines shares their lists with the other airlines? If not, they should!!! What is to stop someone who is non-compliant on an AS flight from booking the next flight on another airline?
Could not agree more! I also think the suspension should be longer, but that's just me.

With regard to landing immediately and offloading passengers, my understanding is that the costs associated with that (landing fees, extra fuel burn, extra time affecting the crew and of course the added inconvenience of that delay to passengers) ends up costing more time and money than the irritation is worth.

One of my favorite stories in this regard involved a group of British and Irish tourists who had became drunk and rowdy, having a food fight on a Northwest flight from London to Minneapolis. Word is some members of the group supposedly dispatched their children to steal liquor from the drinks carts after the crew had cut them off. The FAs were unable to control them but it just so happened that a fair sized (in every sense of the word) contingent of the U.S. freestyle wrestling team were also aboard that flight and they had no problem restraining the offenders. One of the group had assaulted a flight attendant who had tried to restrain him. He was arrested upon landing, plead guilty to the charge and was sentenced to a month in jail.
vanillabean likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 8:15 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There would be security issues with landing at a military airport and turning some passengers loose. Most "private" airports can't handle large jets.
What’s wrong with resorting to a parachute? 🪂😛
Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:39 am

Programs: Many

FAA warns passengers: Listen to flight crews or face possible jail time

AS Flyer and sea_jeff like this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 2:44 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Moderator Note; Heading off-topic. Some posts deleted. Time to close.

dayone, AS Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.