Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2021, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Tweed Jet Set
Was the question about what time of day different food is served, or how far into the flight the meals are served?
Originally Posted by DrewBr
Yes this
See what happens when I try and do more than lurk/learn! Thanks for sorting that out Tweed Jet Set and be_rettSEA
DrewBr likes this.

Last edited by Arsene Wenger; Dec 1, 2021 at 10:37 am
Old Dec 1, 2021, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
I have seen this question asked repeatedly and thought the answer was Wednesdays, but FT's search tools are not amazing, so asking again: when can I anticipate AA flights to post? I flew w/ AA on Tues 11/23 and Mon 11/30, and thought at least last week's would've posted today, but nada. AS# is showing up under the FF# fields..
We flew an American segment on Saturday, Nov 20th and our miles posted to our Alaska accounts by the following Wednesday, Nov 24th.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 5:38 pm

Deleted - problem solved.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 7:59 am

Programs: B6, AA, AS
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
I'd guess about an hour to 90 mins after takeoff?
Thanks
Old Dec 2, 2021, 8:07 am

Programs: B6, AA, AS
Originally Posted by Arsene Wenger
See what happens when I try and do more than lurk/learn! Thanks for sorting that out Tweed Jet Set and be_rettSEA
Appreciate the effort and info anyway. I could have worded my inquiry better too.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 2:10 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Booking SEA-LHR in I class and want to make sure I have this right.

If booked through BA with a BA flight number it earns 250% rdm. If booked through AA with an AA flight number it earns 150% rdm. Is there any way it matters which airline operates the flight in terms of earning AS Mileage Plan miles?
Old Dec 3, 2021, 4:16 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG (OWS)
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Sorry I didn’t see your question before you flew but I’m glad things worked out, you are correct OW does not have an alliance wide interline interline agreement but I have found that AS has been more accommodating than not with partner flights even on separate PNR.
There was some confusion at the JL counter at JFK (the site of the second leg on the separate PNR) because the bags were interlined but were only associated with the Alaska PNR for the first SEA→JFK leg. They took the bag receipts and added each bags manually to the second JL ticket (using the AS baggage codes) and also took down physical descriptions of each of the bags. Everything was waiting for us when we got through to the final leg at NRT. Hooray!
be_rettSEA and FlyerDigits like this.

Last edited by furnace; Dec 4, 2021 at 2:00 am
Old Dec 4, 2021, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Quick question: I booked tickets for family members with one of my companion passes and my AS Visa for a trip to Canada next year. What happens with the funds if the trip gets cancelled

(A) due to unworkable schedule change from Alaska
(B) tightened Covid travel restrictions making travel to Canada impossible again
(C) voluntarily by the travelers for other reasons

Both travelers are unlikely going to be able to use AS travel credit or reschedule the trip to a later date. Neither currently has an AS MP account. I assume for (A) I can ask for a full refund to my credit card. What about (B) and (C)? Can I get wallet credit into my account since I would be able to use the funds for my own travel?

(Re: the companion pass itself, I am not worried about getting that returned)
Old Dec 4, 2021, 4:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Hi guys, are AS elites eligible for any free oversized/overweight baggage? I can't find information on the AS website.

Old Dec 4, 2021, 5:21 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by hyedmd
Hi guys, are AS elites eligible for any free oversized/overweight baggage? I can't find information on the AS website.

Technically, I don't believe so but I've brought boxed tall dining chair twice and have not been charged (I'm a 75K). I'm doing it a third time in a couple weeks and am keeping my fingers crossed.
samosa and hyedmd like this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 11:25 pm

Programs: AS 75K
After years an AS mileage plan member I finally signed up for and received a B of A Alaska credit card - I notice the MP# stamped on the back of my new card isn't the same as my longtime MP# through the AS site. Does this matter and will the two still be linked up for sign-up bonus, etc.?
Old Dec 4, 2021, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by mtofell
After years an AS mileage plan member I finally signed up for and received a B of A Alaska credit card - I notice the MP# stamped on the back of my new card isn't the same as my longtime MP# through the AS site. Does this matter and will the two still be linked up for sign-up bonus, etc.?
That was not my experience, mine matched. I'm going to guess that B of A somehow signed you up for a new Mileage Plan account. I would call B of A to inquire and have them fix.
pcoll, aquanine and mtofell like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 8:35 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K/ One World Emerald
Originally Posted by PDXpress
Booking SEA-LHR in I class and want to make sure I have this right.

If booked through BA with a BA flight number it earns 250% rdm. If booked through AA with an AA flight number it earns 150% rdm. Is there any way it matters which airline operates the flight in terms of earning AS Mileage Plan miles?
Which airline is operating the flight you are interested in?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Sky Dreamer
Which airline is operating the flight you are interested in?
Specifically: Operated By American Airlines BA1507 Boeing 777 jet Business Selling class: I

"Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by British Airways or British Airways codeshare flights marketed by British Airways and operated by oneworld member airlines and affiliates."
Eligible flight numbers... 1-1999...
Alaska Airlines British Air partner info

So the flight in question, operated by AA but with a BA flight number, would earn AS miles at the BA rate, right?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 5:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
To respond to my own previous question regarding oversized/overweight bags for AS elites... I called AS customer support, and CSR said that AS elites weren't eligible for any free or discounted fees for oversized/overweight bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.