Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2021, 4:49 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
50k or 40k for AS+partners during 2021 for Gold renewal ?

One thing I don't understand about AS status meters is why my "MileagePlan -- Overview and Elite Status" page shows a 50,000 qualification mile requirement for AS + partners for Gold qualification for 2021, but the Mileage Plan -- Elite Status page shows 40,000 in the status level tables. What am I missing? I am concerned because I am currently at 46,xxx for AS + partners during 2021. I think I have re-qualified for Gold, but my qualifying meter says "3,xxx miles to Gold."
Old Nov 22, 2021, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
One thing I don't understand about AS status meters is why my "MileagePlan -- Overview and Elite Status" page shows a 50,000 qualification mile requirement for AS + partners for Gold qualification for 2021, but the Mileage Plan -- Elite Status page shows 40,000 in the status level tables. What am I missing? I am concerned because I am currently at 46,xxx for AS + partners during 2021. I think I have re-qualified for Gold, but my qualifying meter says "3,xxx miles to Gold."
The website is quite out of date. This thread includes a link that shows the updated qualifications, including the Alaska metal requirement.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 11:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Tweed Jet Set
What's the latest with the T2/T3 connector at SFO? The SFO website says it's supposed to be completed by late 2021, but I can't find any recent updates. The maps make it look like it's there, but I feel like there would be a bigger announcement if it had been completed.
opened this past Friday.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/san-f...onnection.html
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by minhaoxue

Great news!
Old Nov 23, 2021, 10:05 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG (OWS)
Luggage interlining with AS/JL

I have two separate tickets/itineraries for an upcoming trip: (1) an AS ticketed flight on AS metal from SEA→JFK, and (2) a flight from JFK→NRT on JL in F, booked as an award ticket through AS. The second flight leaves JFK about 4.5hs later.

Because the second leg is an AS award, I have AS PNRs for both flights. But they are different tickets and PNRs. My wife and I are going to have a bit of baggage so we're interested in checking our bags all the way through. If it helps, we're both MVPG.

Will I be able check my bags in Seattle the way through to NRT? Should I call in advance or just show up to a desk agent with our stuff?

Also, JAL F has a higher per-bag weight limit than AS (32kg). Any sense of how this would affect things? I assume I would have to pay any overweight fee for the first leg in any case.

Last edited by furnace; Nov 23, 2021 at 10:12 am
Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:50 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
What is the latest DP on how long it takes for a submitted missing mileage request to be resolved? I had an AA flight from PHX-TUL which never posted. I submitted the mileage request over a week ago now and don't know if there is a way to see if its still pending or not.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 7:10 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM; Alaska MVP100K; WOH Globalist; Bonvoy LT Platinum; HH Gold
Does their web site allow you to search for a particular fare class?
Old Nov 25, 2021, 1:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I have a brasil-nyc-Miami flight on Latam America coming up. I’d like to credit the miles to Alaska but my nyc to Miami leg is on delta

-Will they credit the brasil-nyc flight to alaska and not the NYC-MIA flight?
Old Nov 25, 2021, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Cthunder86
I have a brasil-nyc-Miami flight on Latam America coming up. I’d like to credit the miles to Alaska but my nyc to Miami leg is on delta

-Will they credit the brasil-nyc flight to alaska and not the NYC-MIA flight?
If your Latam flight is a DL codeshare (DL flight number) it won't be eligible to earn in Mileage Plan.

If is an LA prime flight number starting with LA, you can check here to see if the flight falls within the flight ranges eligible to earn in Mileage Plan.

If it is eligible, I would go to the Latam website and add/change your frequent flyer number to your AS number.

James

Qualify for mileage accrual

Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by LATAM Airlines under airline code LA. Codeshare flights marketed by LATAM Airlines and operated by another carrier are not eligible to earn miles. LATAM Airlines award flights booked into the fare classes above are not eligible to earn miles or elite qualifying miles or segments.

Eligible flight numbers
  • 1 - 805
  • 808 - 4799
  • 7500 - 8299

To ensure flight credit, the two-letter airline code (LA) must precede the flight number (for example, LA XXXX) on your ticket receipt or boarding pass.

Earn 500 minimum miles on flights shorter than 500 miles. No miles will be earned for classes of service not listed above.
notquiteaff and Cthunder86 like this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 10:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Sorry for the dumb question. I am moving to Seattle soon and am looking to see if it's worth my time moving from United to Alaska. I had selected United previously due to my desire to fly to Europe on a Business saver ticket (use points to fly up front).

I was taking a look at Alaska and see they are part of OneWorld, but when I looked for flights from SEA -> CDG I see I can book on British Airways for 60k Miles + some amount of money for "First" or "Business" but when I look at the details it looks like the SEA -> Heathrow is in coach while everything else is in First.

Is it possible to book business class tickets via Alaska partners? Or are they always going to be in coach?
Old Nov 26, 2021, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by SwaBiz
Is it possible to book business class tickets via Alaska partners? Or are they always going to be in coach?
Yes, it is possible, but it is also contingent on the partner airline releasing award space to its partners like Alaska. You may also need to get a bit creative in your routing to find the best deals depending on your final destination.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by SwaBiz
Sorry for the dumb question. I am moving to Seattle soon and am looking to see if it's worth my time moving from United to Alaska. I had selected United previously due to my desire to fly to Europe on a Business saver ticket (use points to fly up front).

I was taking a look at Alaska and see they are part of OneWorld, but when I looked for flights from SEA -> CDG I see I can book on British Airways for 60k Miles + some amount of money for "First" or "Business" but when I look at the details it looks like the SEA -> Heathrow is in coach while everything else is in First.

As a heads up the fees for BA award tickets up front are also steep.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by FlyerDigits
As a heads up the fees for BA award tickets up front are also steep.

Indeed. For example

Old Nov 26, 2021, 6:43 pm

cancelling saver ticket if you have status?

Just confirming, as there have been a lot of changes with cancellation, but right now saver fares, even if cancelled by someone with elite status, aren't actually refunded as credit?

Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2021, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Just confirming, as there have been a lot of changes with cancellation, but right now saver fares, even if cancelled by someone with elite status, aren't actually refunded as credit?

Thanks
Saver fares are no longer refundable or changeable. There was a time up through Spring 2021 where Saver fares could be modified, but that ended months ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.