Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2021, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by mtofell
I don't know those airports specifically but is there any airport that you'd need to re-clear in this situation? Short of the plane being towed to a separate terminal, I can't imagine a scenario that you'd need to (of course, towing the plane would make the 40 minute turnaround time impossible).
RDM? I don’t think you can get to the departure gate as an arriving passenger without going out to bag claim and then back in through TSA. Maybe if you knew which door it is, you can go and knock and see if the gate agent would let you in, but that’s probably a big no-no.
alanro and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 11:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
RDM? I don’t think you can get to the departure gate as an arriving passenger without going out to bag claim and then back in through TSA. Maybe if you knew which door it is, you can go and knock and see if the gate agent would let you in, but that’s probably a big no-no.
Yup, definitely at some small airport. Not relevant to AS, but I know PAH and EYW put you right into the nonsecure area when you arrive.
alanro and mtofell like this.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 11:05 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by alanro
Hello all. I'm looking to pick up a couple of quick segments by doing a same-day turn either SEA-BLI or SEA-YKM. As I'll be returning on the same aircraft with only 40 minutes turnaround time, could anybody please tell me if I would need to reclear security at either airport before boarding my return flight? Thanks in advance!
BLI, definitely not, unless something has changed in the past six months. It is tiny, only a handful of gates, no jet bridges. And even if you did leave airside, I have never had more than one or two people in front of me at security. It is a lovely airport to fly out of.
alanro and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 11:20 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mtofell
I don't know those airports specifically but is there any airport that you'd need to re-clear in this situation? Short of the plane being towed to a separate terminal, I can't imagine a scenario that you'd need to (of course, towing the plane would make the 40 minute turnaround time impossible).
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
STS and RDM were the airports that came to mind (STS is my closest airport, and I know this was the case for RDM a couple of years back).
mtofell likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
If you look at the airport Terminal Directory & virtual tours of BLI at portofbellingham you can see the the entrance to the secure area & beside that the exit to Baggage Claim and Ground Transportation both opposite Gate C, the mid-point of the 5 gates lettered A-E.

Arriving passengers will enter airside through the same departure gate just like at SEA arriving at a Q gate, so you won't need to leave airside and clear security again.

James
Old Nov 21, 2021, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by loganre17
Looking to book the Milk Run for the end of February. The plan is:
  • Think February is a good month to go
If you love winter activities then February is a great time to come. This may be off topic so feel free to send me a private message, I'm happy to send some suggestions based on your interests.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Bowgie
1. When does my match status expire?

2. Do I have to be flying AS the day I use a pass?
1. Your status match confirmation should include the details. For example my status match email earlier this year included "To extend your status to 12/31/2021, fly [xx,000] miles between now and [MM/DD/2021]."

2. No, here is the exact wording: "A day pass must be used in conjunction with same-day, ticketed air travel on any airline." and the source page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...ounge/day-pass
Old Nov 21, 2021, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
If you look at the airport Terminal Directory & virtual tours of BLI at portofbellingham you can see the the entrance to the secure area & beside that the exit to Baggage Claim and Ground Transportation both opposite Gate C, the mid-point of the 5 gates lettered A-E.

Arriving passengers will enter airside through the same departure gate just like at SEA arriving at a Q gate, so you won't need to leave airside and clear security again.

James
Thanks for the information! My inbound doesn't arrive SEA until 2:15, so the timing won't work for BLI. I ended up booking a quick return SEA-PSC later that afternoon; I would guess PSC is less likely to run into weather issues than YKM. And It will be a new airport for me... :-)
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 9:13 am

SFO T2/T3 Connector

What's the latest with the T2/T3 connector at SFO? The SFO website says it's supposed to be completed by late 2021, but I can't find any recent updates. The maps make it look like it's there, but I feel like there would be a bigger announcement if it had been completed.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 9:53 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I booked a JAL flight with Alaska miles. Do I need to call in to reserve my seat?
Old Nov 22, 2021, 11:05 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Cthunder86
I booked a JAL flight with Alaska miles. Do I need to call in to reserve my seat?
No. Pull the JAL PNR from the AS website. It'll be displayed along with the AS PNR after selecting the reservation from your "Upcoming Trips" list. Then to go the JAL website to manage the reservation. From there you can select seats.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Originally Posted by Tweed Jet Set
What's the latest with the T2/T3 connector at SFO? The SFO website says it's supposed to be completed by late 2021, but I can't find any recent updates. The maps make it look like it's there, but I feel like there would be a bigger announcement if it had been completed.
Just announced open 4 hours ago:
mildfrequence and UtilityGuy like this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 1:44 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG (OWS)
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
No. Pull the JAL PNR from the AS website. It'll be displayed along with the AS PNR after selecting the reservation from your "Upcoming Trips" list. Then to go the JAL website to manage the reservation. From there you can select seats.
Argh! I've been calling AS for these PNRs for a half dozen JAL flights I've booked over the last couple months. I had no idea it was on the AS website. Thanks so much for this!
Old Nov 22, 2021, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by aquanine
Wow, 26 minutes before I posted! Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2021, 3:58 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
I'm pretty sure it had already been operating for a short while (I walked past it on Saturday AM) and that that was just the "official" ribbon cutting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.