Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Old Jan 26, 21, 11:47 am
  #76  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: LAX
Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Posts: 1,366
Originally Posted by mtofell View Post
I'm new to MVPGold as well and it seems as though these certificates are pretty difficult to use. They sound like a nice perk but when you really distill down what they are good for I'm not sure I'll ever be able to use one.
They've gotten harder and harder to use each year, and with COVID/seat blocking its' been more challenging over the past year. They can certainly provide good value if/when you can find U space, particularly when paired with the AS Visa companion certificate.
Flying for Fun and mtofell like this.
be_rettSEA is offline  
Old Jan 26, 21, 12:02 pm
  #77  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: PDX
Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Posts: 2,192
GGUs should become slightly more valuable after 3/31/21, when discount F tickets go from earning a 75% COS bonus down to 50%. That was always something that had to be considered when deciding between booking an I fare vs. a K fare (and applying a GGU) since discount economy fares where GGUs can be applied don't earn a COS bonus.
be_rettSEA likes this.
RAD_PDX is offline  
Old Jan 27, 21, 3:00 pm
  #78  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: ANC
Programs: Alaska 100k
Posts: 983
What is the current situation with onboard food in F? I'm on SEA-ORD tomorrow and noticed that the Turkey sandwich is "unavailable".
I then see that there was a message on the website that food is pre-order only (I think in Y only?).

Is there any chance of the sandwich on board? Or should I just select the fruit-and-cheese plate now?

I haven't flown since July where I was the only passenger in F on SEA-MSP so the FA just put the entire snack basket in the seat next to me.
PABE is offline  
Old Jan 27, 21, 4:27 pm
  #79  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Denver
Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 1,816
Originally Posted by sturges View Post
What is the current situation with onboard food in F? I'm on SEA-ORD tomorrow and noticed that the Turkey sandwich is "unavailable".
I then see that there was a message on the website that food is pre-order only (I think in Y only?).

Is there any chance of the sandwich on board? Or should I just select the fruit-and-cheese plate now?

I haven't flown since July where I was the only passenger in F on SEA-MSP so the FA just put the entire snack basket in the seat next to me.
If you're within T-20 hours you cannot pre-order now.

Up to date thread:
What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2021)
safari ari is online now  
Old Jan 27, 21, 4:34 pm
  #80  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: ANC
Programs: Alaska 100k
Posts: 983
Originally Posted by safari ari View Post
If you're within T-20 hours you cannot pre-order now.

Up to date thread:
What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2021)
I'm at T-28. Not sure why its unavailable.
PABE is offline  
Old Jan 27, 21, 5:03 pm
  #81  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: PDX
Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Posts: 2,192
Originally Posted by sturges View Post
I'm at T-28. Not sure why its unavailable.
Are you checking in the app or online?
RAD_PDX is offline  
Old Jan 27, 21, 10:31 pm
  #82  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: ANC
Programs: Alaska 100k
Posts: 983
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX View Post
Are you checking in the app or online?
tried both. My options are:

sandwich: no longer available
fruit and cheese plate: available
no meal
PABE is offline  
Old Jan 28, 21, 6:40 pm
  #83  
aw
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Burlingame, CA
Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Posts: 2,111
Hi. Anyone knows about the situation with the blankets? Are they being stocked on SEA-ORD?
aw is offline  
Old Jan 28, 21, 6:44 pm
  #84  
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: DEN, SEA, IAH
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Posts: 405
Originally Posted by aw View Post
Hi. Anyone knows about the situation with the blankets? Are they being stocked on SEA-ORD?
I took my last SEA - ORD flight 10 days ago - no blankets (main cabin). Not sure about first class.
hyedmd is offline  
Old Jan 28, 21, 6:46 pm
  #85  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: PDX
Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Posts: 2,192
Originally Posted by aw View Post
Hi. Anyone knows about the situation with the blankets? Are they being stocked on SEA-ORD?
Originally Posted by hyedmd View Post
I took my last SEA - ORD flight 10 days ago - no blankets (main cabin). Not sure about first class.
Blankets are no longer offered on any routes due to COVID. Pre-COVID, they were limited to transcon routes and only provided in first class.
pcoll and be_rettSEA like this.
RAD_PDX is offline  
Old Feb 1, 21, 10:32 pm
  #86  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Posts: 1,537
The Alaska app and website continues to show separate EQM totals for Alaska and Alaska + Partners (with separate goals of 75K and 90K still). However, they announced that isn't a thing anymore, right?

Currently I have 22,882 YTD Alaska Miles and 52,222 YTD Alaska + Partner miles. Therefore, I just need 22,778 miles to re-qualify?
JHake10 is offline  
Old Feb 2, 21, 9:29 am
  #87  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SFO
Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Posts: 3,065
Originally Posted by JHake10 View Post
The Alaska app and website continues to show separate EQM totals for Alaska and Alaska + Partners (with separate goals of 75K and 90K still). However, they announced that isn't a thing anymore, right?

Currently I have 22,882 YTD Alaska Miles and 52,222 YTD Alaska + Partner miles. Therefore, I just need 22,778 miles to re-qualify?
You are correct, along with at least (6) AS (marketed & operated) flight segments for 75K.
JHake10 likes this.
NoLaGent is offline  
Old Feb 2, 21, 4:35 pm
  #88  
Moderator: United MileagePlus
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Posts: 9,060
Any collective wisdom on when the 50k 75k bonus posts?

Rolled over 75k EQM and have had 6 AS metal flights this year.

‘thanks!


J.Edward is offline  
Old Feb 3, 21, 10:00 am
  #89  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: On a plane or a beach
Programs: Yes
Posts: 2,280
Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
Any collective wisdom on when the 50k 75k bonus posts?

Rolled over 75k EQM and have had 6 AS metal flights this year.

thanks!


It has always posted as soon as my account has hit 75K. Try giving Customer Care a call to see if they know. I recall sometimes the system doing sweeps.
anteater is offline  
Old Feb 5, 21, 12:47 pm
  #90  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: SEA
Programs: AS MVPG100K | oneworld Emerald
Posts: 556
I've just checked in for an AS flight tomorrow. I have TSA PreCheck, and I've confirmed that my KTN is entered correctly in the reservation, but "TSA PreCheck" isn't showing on my boarding pass, neither in the app or on paper. Is this something known to happen sometimes? I've never encountered it before.
Ford Fairlane is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread