Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2021, 11:41 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Has anyone heard from our moderator and prolific poster, Flying for Fun ?!

I hope he's doing well, it's odd not to see anything posted from him in such a long time...
As of a few days ago he was alive and well.
renila, NoLaGent, pcoll and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 11:44 am

Programs: AS
Has anyone heard from our moderator and prolific poster, Flying for Fun
James, you are missed !

Last edited by dayone; Jun 28, 2021 at 11:08 pm Reason: Fix syntax.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 2:30 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Has anyone heard from our moderator and prolific poster, Flying for Fun ?!

I hope he's doing well, it's odd not to see anything posted from him in such a long time...
He is most definitely alive and well! I was with him most of last week.
renila, EmailKid, NoLaGent and 4 others like this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 4:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
My partner award on BA has been messed up due to cancellation of connecting flight LHR-BER. Will AS "open up" seats to reaccommodate us from SFO/SJC to domestic gateway (SEA/PDX) so we can take FI PDX/SEA-KEF-BER instead? Right now the AS domestic segments are not available (there are some bad options with overnight layover in SEA/PDX).
Old Jun 27, 2021, 9:58 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Finkface
He is most definitely alive and well! I was with him most of last week.
Then he may be docked his Moderator pay for not moderating

Oh, wait, we are volunteer moderators without salary ....

Er, nevermind .....
NoLaGent, Finkface and mtofell like this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by spgaston
My partner award on BA has been messed up due to cancellation of connecting flight LHR-BER. Will AS "open up" seats to reaccommodate us from SFO/SJC to domestic gateway (SEA/PDX) so we can take FI PDX/SEA-KEF-BER instead? Right now the AS domestic segments are not available (there are some bad options with overnight layover in SEA/PDX).
FI is no BA. Unfortunately AS has limited sway in getting partner airlines to open space. I'd look at other options from LHR. Maybe they have a later flight? If not, consider Hamburg or Hannover. The trains are so reliable in Germany, I never really try to get into any airport other than FRA when booking awards, because AS flies out of there. Then from there I take the train. The ICE trains are fast and might actually save time versus crazy routings/ long layovers.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tobikosan
Is there a way to buy my son a mileage ticket and me qa cash one on same flight but link together so he has my upgrade possibioities?
Unfortunately no. You need to either both be cash or both be miles to be on the same reservation, which you have to be for him to be your MVPG companion for upgrade purposes. You can "link" reservations, but it doesn't do anything for upgrades.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 11:25 pm

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
I'm planning a LAX-PVR trip in November on AS. I haven't checked other routes for availability to compare, however this route seems odd to me availability-wise. I've checked EF from now till May 2022 and there is not a single day where even one E or U seat is open! Almost 1 year w/o any open seats - is this a RM error or is it SOP now for AS flights?
Old Jun 30, 2021, 8:04 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by LAX21
I'm planning a LAX-PVR trip in November on AS. I haven't checked other routes for availability to compare, however this route seems odd to me availability-wise. I've checked EF from now till May 2022 and there is not a single day where even one E or U seat is open! Almost 1 year w/o any open seats - is this a RM error or is it SOP now for AS flights?
Unfortunately, this is now normal for AS. U has been very elusive for over almost 2 years. Many with GGU’s frustrated. Make travel plans accordingly. Sorry.
mtofell likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 12:12 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Do you guys have any suggestions on Labor day booking? I have been tracking the prices since last month, they fluctuate but mostly still go up. Will the new lower fare released the next month in July? I am not expecting things will be cheaper in August though.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by simonsuo
Do you guys have any suggestions on Labor day booking? I have been tracking the prices since last month, they fluctuate but mostly still go up. Will the new lower fare released the next month in July? I am not expecting things will be cheaper in August though.
I'll be surprised if there are cheap labor day fares coming up unless something happens like the Delta variant leading to hard shutdowns (I suspect low probability). Airlines aren't back up to full capacity yet and there's a lot of pent up demand for leisure travel. The airlines are going to exploit that to collect as much $$$ as they can to make up for the pain of the past 15 months.
simonsuo likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 5:47 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by chrisl137
I'll be surprised if there are cheap labor day fares coming up unless something happens like the Delta variant leading to hard shutdowns (I suspect low probability). Airlines aren't back up to full capacity yet and there's a lot of pent up demand for leisure travel. The airlines are going to exploit that to collect as much $$$ as they can to make up for the pain of the past 15 months.
Agreed. AS and the other airlines are making hay while the sun shines.
anteater and simonsuo like this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 11:47 am

Programs: AS 75K
I'm trying to cancel a ticket and just keep getting error message on both the app and full website. Is anyone else having trouble? It's been about 18 hours and I just keep getting a message that says:

Error encountered

We are unable to complete your transaction at this time. Please try again.

If this problem continues please call Customer care at 1-800-654-5669, Monday-Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:45 p.m. (PT).

The only thing a bit different with this ticket is it's for someone other than me. As in, I'm not on the reservation at all but made it and paid for it. Does that change something so I can't just click and cancel? It seems like if that were the case they could just say that in the error message but maybe I'm expecting too much logic from Alaska IT.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 11:55 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by mtofell
I'm trying to cancel a ticket and just keep getting error message on both the app and full website. Is anyone else having trouble? It's been about 18 hours and I just keep getting a message that says:

Error encountered

We are unable to complete your transaction at this time. Please try again.

If this problem continues please call Customer care at 1-800-654-5669, Monday-Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:45 p.m. (PT).

The only thing a bit different with this ticket is it's for someone other than me. As in, I'm not on the reservation at all but made it and paid for it. Does that change something so I can't just click and cancel? It seems like if that were the case they could just say that in the error message but maybe I'm expecting too much logic from Alaska IT.
Have there been a lot of changes to the ticket? If the ticket has been “touched” too many times, it seems you can’t do any more changes online and have to call in. Not sure what that number is but I have been told that by agents and it is consistent with my experience.
anteater and mtofell like this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 12:03 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by mtofell
I'm trying to cancel a ticket and just keep getting error message on both the app and full website. Is anyone else having trouble?
I’ve had that problem before. When it happened, it was on flights that had previous changes where I was forced to call into an agent to confirm the changes.
mtofell and Arsene Wenger like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.