Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50% Bonus on EQM (1/1/2021-12/31/2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2021, 7:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by damnyourefine
Perhaps AS could implement a tier breaker or priority flag on the upgrade queue that prioritizes organically obtain status holders.
Are you missing upgrades as a 75K? I'm not, especially now that AS has increased F pricing on my routes, such that virtually no one (including me) is buying it.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 8:52 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
I'm sure not missing out on upgrades as a 75k. And honestly...what does it matter if folks are stacking bonuses and doing mileage runs? You get the same advantages and their butt still has to sit through the mileage run. Really no difference between flying for work or for fun.
MileageMule likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 9:19 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Kacee
Are you missing upgrades as a 75K? I'm not, especially now that AS has increased F pricing on my routes, such that virtually no one (including me) is buying it.
Excellent question. I missed two this weekend, It will be interesting to see how availability plays out this year once F seat blocking ends and more people have obtained MVP/G/G75k.

Originally Posted by rune87
I'm sure not missing out on upgrades as a 75k. And honestly...what does it matter if folks are stacking bonuses and doing mileage runs? You get the same advantages and their butt still has to sit through the mileage run. Really no difference between flying for work or for fun.
My original concern was that those of us who reached 75k without EQM multipliers had higher BIS miles (and consequently time), and with these double EQM bonuses it is easier for others to hit 75k with less time. If people had to dedicate the same amount of time to travel 75K miles (BIS or BIS + COS), I believe fewer people could or would mileage run for 75k and.. make 75k less diluted.

I completely agree that AS has one of the best programs out there.

Last edited by anteater; Jan 12, 2021 at 4:37 pm
Old Jan 5, 2021, 9:22 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by Kacee
Flew 100K organically in 2020 and will do the same in 2021 barring something more devastating than an worldwide pandemic. No need for additional GGU. However it would be nice to get some instant upgrades to FC for me and a guest flying on the same itinerary or free wifi access. Southwest gives there highest tier wifi access.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 9:36 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Xrayman
Flew 100K organically in 2020 and will do the same in 2021 barring something more devastating than an worldwide pandemic. No need for additional GGU. However it would be nice to get some instant upgrades to FC for me and a guest flying on the same itinerary or free wifi access. Southwest gives there highest tier wifi access.
I like the idea of free WiFi for a certain threshold of flying!
Old Jan 5, 2021, 10:31 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by damnyourefine
I like the idea of free WiFi for a certain threshold of flying!
I'm afraid we're veering off-topic, but this reminds me of the survey they did this past summer and this lengthy thread discussing it:

[Speculation] AS to Eliminate Gold Guest Upgrades (GGUs)? Hints from a New AS Survey
anteater likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Southwest gives there highest tier wifi access.
B6 gives free access to all passengers.

Demand more.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 12:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by Repooc17
B6 gives free access to all passengers.

Demand more.
B6 and WN also have horrid FFPs
PDXPremier likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
My previous post had nothing to do with the merit of FFPs, but rather, if free wifi access is high on the priority list, then one doesn't need to fly 100K+/yr to get it.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 1:35 pm

Programs: MVPGold 75K
Do i need to register for this bonus

Do you guys know if this requires registration
Old Jan 5, 2021, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by felicidad76
Do you guys know if this requires registration
No sign up required. I just got my first 50% bonus miles last night.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 3:28 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
It just depends on which aspects you value. I strongly suspect I'd take the B6 FFP over the AS FFP. Certainly if I could snap my fingers and replace the AS FFP + fleet with the B6 FFP + fleet, holding the networks and partnerships constant, I would do so.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milypan
It just depends on which aspects you value. I strongly suspect I'd take the B6 FFP over the AS FFP. Certainly if I could snap my fingers and replace the AS FFP + fleet with the B6 FFP + fleet, holding the networks and partnerships constant, I would do so.
All my business travel is on a paid-Y only policy (not even Y+), but upgrades are allowed, be they with points, status, or your own dime. B6 still doesn't have any mechanism for upgrading beyond Y+ without cash, so they might as well be WN as far as I'm concerned. Once a month transcon is tolerable in Y, but it gets old really fast if you have to fly them multiple weeks in a row. On AS I'm basically guaranteed Y+ and even when it's not a pandemic have a high probability of an F upgrade. Even UA is still better than B6 for both Y+ and F upgrades.
PDXFlyBoy likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 11:13 am

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by chrisl137
All my business travel is on a paid-Y only policy (not even Y+), but upgrades are allowed, be they with points, status, or your own dime. B6 still doesn't have any mechanism for upgrading beyond Y+ without cash, so they might as well be WN as far as I'm concerned. Once a month transcon is tolerable in Y, but it gets old really fast if you have to fly them multiple weeks in a row. On AS I'm basically guaranteed Y+ and even when it's not a pandemic have a high probability of an F upgrade. Even UA is still better than B6 for both Y+ and F upgrades.
Yeah, I hear you --- my upgrade rate has been pretty great, especially ex-SFO. If I flew enough to easily requalify for MVPG75K every year I'd prefer the AS program.

But requalifying is something of a burden in most years, especially with two kids in school now, so the ability to get Mosaic via CC spend if necessary is a big plus for me (and I'm fine with spending points on discounted EMS). Furthermore, I'm not a very broad person, so from my perspective AS F isn't that much better than B6 EMS on an A320 (and the difference will be even narrower when they take deliveries of their A220s). I'm sticking with AS for now, but these EQM bonuses will eventually go away, and I could imagine myself switching to DL in a couple years if my travel patterns don't fully return to what they were pre-COVID.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by milypan
But isn't the B6 program revenue-based? If I had to meet some revenue component to earn elite status, I would likely not have the status so the AS FFP is a no-brainer for me.....the whole idea of a mileage run is finding routes with the lowest cents per mile which just doesn't work with a revenue-based plan....I certainly have no intention to INCREASE my spending for the exact same elite status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.