Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50% Bonus on EQM (1/1/2021-12/31/2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2021, 7:32 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by vanillabean
But the 50% EQM extension by itself qualifying for 75K still gives you the 50K?
Yes, that counts. If you have 75,000+ EQM from flying and related bonuses you will get the 50,000 bonus redeemable miles. If you have less than 75,000 EQM from flying activity and then credit card spends gets you past that threshold, you will be Gold 75k but won't get the 50,000 bonus redeemable miles.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by isaacchambers
Can someone point to the language for the CC spend? I don’t see it in my email for status extension…..

do you need to register for it? Automatic?
targeted?
No registration required as far as I can see. But if you got an email that didn’t include the offer, I would reach out to AS and confirm that you qualify before spending big bucks on the AS card.

The email includes this blurb:

Using your Alaska Airlines Visa® card, now you can earn up to 20,000 elite-qualifying miles. For every $2,500 you spend on purchases with your credit card, you can earn 2,500 elite-qualifying miles (EQMs) up to 20,000 EQMs**. Valid on purchases starting Septem.ber 16, through Novem.ber 15, 202.1.”

The link for me goes to a page that at this time has zero information about the 20,000 elite-qualifying miles:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...-fare-benefits

(I have removed some parameters that might be unique to my account)

The fine print of the email:

**Qualified members can earn 2,500 elite-qualifying miles (maximum of 20,000) that count toward elite status qualification if they make any combination of purchase transactions totaling at least $2,500 (exclusive of any fees, including the annual fee, returns and adjustments) that post to an eligible Alaska Airlines Visa card from Septem.ber 16, 202.1 through Novem.ber 15, 202.1. Purchases from different Alaska Airlines accounts cannot be combined to reach the $2,500 threshold. One individual can only earn a maximum of 20,000 elite-qualifying miles via this campaign, even if they hold multiple Alaska Airlines Visa cards. Elite-qualifying miles will be credited to your Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan account within the first two billing cycles after qualifying. To qualify for this offer, your credit card account must be open with active charging privileges. Bank of America is not responsible for fulfillment of this elite-qualifying miles offer and posting of miles directly to your Alaska Mileage Plan account. Elite-qualifying miles will not appear on your credit card statement. Elite-qualifying miles count toward elite status qualification only for calendar year 2021, are non-redeemable and cannot be used toward award travel. Members who qualify for MVP Gold 75K status via this offer are not eligible to receive the 50,000 bonus miles awarded to those who earn MVP Gold 75K status. All Mileage Plan terms and conditions apply. This one-time promotion is limited to customers receiving this email.”
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 9:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Anyone have data points on whether Venmo transactions from AS Visa code as a standard credit transaction or cash advance? While I know there are extra fees on Venmo side for doing so, they might be worth it to pay my landlord rent this way for the extra EQMs that would bump me up to Gold for next year beyond April. Just don't want to have BOA charge as cash advance and have the transactions exempt from the spend for EQM eligibility.
anteater likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 10:47 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by FlyerDigits
Your logic is correct, the class of service gets factored in to your EQM for requalification. You should see those reflected in your online miles qualification tracker now.
Can someone explain why Alaska is posting 7362 (actual mileage*2.75) miles for my HNL leg and by my math the calculated mileage is 7027 (actual mileage *1.75 cos)*1.5 eqm

Which is correct?

lala
Old Sep 17, 2021, 11:02 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I would consider trying for 75K but with the 50,000 bonus miles off the table and no more earning GGUs it’s not really worth it.
nineworldseries likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anteater
This one gave me a chuckle..

I am not sure what to call another 4 months of status extension and a year long 50% EQM promo besides generous. ..
Everything is relative - this is pocket change relative to third year of GS recently extended by UA with barely any flying (last year it came with a bunch of pluspoints too)
Old Sep 17, 2021, 11:07 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Anyone have data points on whether Venmo transactions from AS Visa code as a standard credit transaction or cash advance? While I know there are extra fees on Venmo side for doing so, they might be worth it to pay my landlord rent this way for the extra EQMs that would bump me up to Gold for next year beyond April. Just don't want to have BOA charge as cash advance and have the transactions exempt from the spend for EQM eligibility.
Charge $1 to a friend and check your statement. Note: a quick googling shows a few sources saying “likely” to get assessed a CA fee.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
For those who didn’t get the email, with the credit card spend offer, I just received another email. Title is “Limited-time offer: Earn more elite-qualifying miles toward elite status” and it lists both the credit card offer and 50% EQM bonus extension.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by lalala
Can someone explain why Alaska is posting 7362 (actual mileage*2.75) miles for my HNL leg and by my math the calculated mileage is 7027 (actual mileage *1.75 cos)*1.5 eqm

Which is correct?

lala
Rdm is additive and eqm is multiplicative
Old Sep 17, 2021, 8:33 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
I’m trying to figure out if I should make a run for 100k, I have about 76k now with 10 more segments which at base miles plus 50% will get me to 93k. I am a gold 75, do I get base miles plus 75k bonus plus 50% bonus? Trying to figure out how much I need to spend. I didn’t get an email but I have never received an Alaska email that wasn’t trip related, and yes all my settings are correct. I’m hoping that I will get some credit card miles even without knowing if it was a select audience.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 9:11 am

Programs: Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
One note on the CC spend though:
If the BofA EQMs post the same day as my regular miles do, I’m going to have a problem as the promo eqms will push me over 75k prior to reaching it by flying.

I hope I can still get the 50k bonus considering I’m going to be above 100k eqms with regular flying this year.
vanillabean likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 9:59 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by sturges
If the BofA EQMs post the same day as my regular miles do, I’m going to have a problem as the promo eqms will push me over 75k prior to reaching it by flying.

I hope I can still get the 50k bonus considering I’m going to be above 100k eqms with regular flying this year.
Here's hoping they can calculate the two separately!
Old Sep 18, 2021, 1:05 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
No registration required as far as I can see. But if you got an email that didn’t include the offer, I would reach out to AS and confirm that you qualify before spending big bucks on the AS card.
I don’t know whether to feel offended or relieved that the offer wasn’t included in the email to me.

Originally Posted by sturges
Perhaps I should simply not use the card until hitting the 75K.

I’m not sure if that is what Alaska intended.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 8:03 am

Anyone knows if the minimum 500 per segment also get multiplied. Meaning SEA-PDX in I would get me 1125 eqm?
Old Sep 19, 2021, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It does.

Whenever they change schedule on my nonstops I’ve been getting them to add a segment through SEA to take advantage of this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.