To/from Hawaii from Alaska for one.

No letter that I'm aware of yet...
Deleted...duplicate post.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Probably Mexico too. And guess what?

I realize the March schedules aren't finalized yet, but did AS add that 2nd SEA-PVR flight? I don't recall ever seeing a flight to PVR leaving that late in the day and presumably overnighting in PVR. After completing my 2nd Mexico trip in the past few months and having a thoroughly safe, fun, and relaxing experience both times, I'm not suprised to see AS add so many flights to Mexico lately....it really has become a great alternative to all the confusing Hawaii COVID testing and quarantine requirements that seem to change by the day.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 1:03 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I realize the March schedules aren't finalized yet, but did AS add that 2nd SEA-PVR flight? I don't recall ever seeing a flight to PVR leaving that late in the day and presumably overnighting in PVR. After completing my 2nd Mexico trip in the past few months and having a thoroughly safe, fun, and relaxing experience both times, I'm not suprised to see AS add so many flights to Mexico lately....it really has become a great alternative to all the confusing Hawaii COVID testing and quarantine requirements that seem to change by the day.
It appears you are correct. The first flight back to SEA on March 12 is at 9:15 am so an overnight in PVR. I have had some excellent catering ex-PVR. I will be heading back to PVR on the 16th but flying AA direct from PHX. It was a 10K add on to a 7.5K MSY-SEA-PHX award last month.

James
Old Jan 2, 2021, 8:28 am

This may be a really dumb question, but where on the website (admittedly, I've never been one to appreciate the art of web design and rarely click around) do you find the 30% loaded onto by Jan 5th, as referenced in the letter?
Old Jan 2, 2021, 8:41 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Visconti
This may be a really dumb question, but where on the website (admittedly, I've never been one to appreciate the art of web design and rarely click around) do you find the 30% loaded onto by Jan 5th, as referenced in the letter?
It will likely be under Discount codes. However, it's on the 2nd so it might be a few more days until you see it.
Visconti likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 8:50 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Visconti
Originally Posted by buzglyd
It will likely be under Discount codes. However, it's on the 2nd so it might be a few more days until you see it.
This is right - you'll need to log into your MP account first, and on the left hand side under Account you'll see "Discount and companion fare codes". It'll eventually be in there.
Visconti likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 9:12 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Here you are. Enjoy paying $42 more and getting less miles.

I am not stupid. I wouldn't use GGUs just to use them. I would check all of my options. My home airport is ATL, so I am specifically looking for ATL-SEA U space, which is the first leg of ANY Alaska trip for me. I haven't seen any advance U space for this route for months on end...
anteater likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
I am not stupid. I wouldn't use GGUs just to use them. I would check all of my options. My home airport is ATL, so I am specifically looking for ATL-SEA U space, which is the first leg of ANY Alaska trip for me. I haven't seen any advance U space for this route for months on end...
Literally the first date I picked.

Turned out to be two out of three.

ACBLtd likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 9:21 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
There hasn't been U space anywhere for months, but with seat blocking in F ending on 1/6, all of that has changed. The very first day I checked has it, as a matter of fact.

Old Jan 2, 2021, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
There hasn't been U space anywhere for months, but with seat blocking in F ending on 1/6, all of that has changed. The very first day I checked has it, as a matter of fact.
Exactly. AS wasn't going to be giving away as much F as usual when F capacity was capped at 50%- U was gone and a lot of upgrades were happening inside of 24 hours, or even at gate (though they were still there). Normal(ish- I still wouldn't trust schedules more than 4-6 weeks out a lot) operations gets things more normal.
anteater likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by beckoa
To/from Hawaii from Alaska for one.

No letter that I'm aware of yet...
According to my USPS Informed Delivery, COMING TO YOUR MAILBOX SOON. is a letter from Alaska Airlines. Maybe today, maybe in the next few days. Will report when it arrives.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 11:12 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by BOB W
According to my USPS Informed Delivery, COMING TO YOUR MAILBOX SOON. is a letter from Alaska Airlines. Maybe today, maybe in the next few days. Will report when it arrives.
i just got the same email. Two letters on the way. I’m MVP Gold and she is MVP.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 11:49 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
USPS Informed Delivery indicates that it should be dropped off today. Better late than never!
Old Jan 2, 2021, 2:03 pm

Four MP members in household (two 75Ks and two MVPs [one organic, one gifted]). As of today's mail, all received letters with the 30%.

Thank you AS!
Old Jan 2, 2021, 2:11 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by NoLaGent

Sorry, I was talking about further out in the schedule. Even pre-COVID, I can't remember the last time I booked paid travel only one month in advance. Specifically, there is no U space ATL-SEA or SEA-ATL after April 30. Space used to be available further in advance.

Last edited by The Mileage Millionaire; Jan 2, 2021 at 2:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.