Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2021)

Old Dec 30, 2020, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Edited to add: Glassware and warm nuts returned to First Class on November 4, 2021.

Updated August 2021 at https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...ightExperience

First Class

Beverages

• Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite, ginger ale, seltzer water
  • Orange juice
  • Starbucks Pike Place Roast coffee
  • Teavana Royal English Breakfast Tea, Teavana Mint Majesty Herbal Tea
  • Boxed Water

Alcohol and mixers

• Fremont Brewing Lush IPA
  • Kona Brewing Longboard Island Lager
  • Broken Earth El Pasado Red Blend, California
  • Canoe Ridge The Expedition Chardonnay, Washington
  • Titos Handmade Vodka
  • Woodford Reserve Bourbon
  • Jack Daniels Whiskey
  • Tanqueray London Dry Gin
  • Baileys Irish Cream
  • Bloody Mary mix
  • Tonic water

Food

• Snack basket with assortment of individually wrapped sweet and savory snacks

Food Available on trips 6701,099 miles operated by Alaska and on all Horizon and SkyWest flights

Pre-order recommended, departing 5:00 am 8:00 pm
  • Choice between two cold entrees
  • Signature Fruit & Cheese Platter available as pre-order option

Food Available on trips over 1,100 miles operated by Alaska

Pre-order recommended, departing 5:00 am 8:00 pm
  • Choice between two hot entrees
  • Signature Fruit & Cheese Platter available as pre-order option
I also consolidate some of the pictures people posted here for a better visual reference
Originally Posted by CurbedEnthusiasm
Date: 8/10/21
Route: DCA-LAX
Flight No.: 5
Departure Time: 9:15
Menu: No
Meal Description: Breakfast - caramelized onion frittata with bacon, sweet potatoes, spinach, a button mushroom, warm raisin roll with butter, fruit salad, and Greek yogurt.
Other options: kale breakfast bowl or fruit and cheese plate.
Snack basket was offered once and then packed away.

Overall, this was a great meal.

Originally Posted by LAX2DCA
Date: 8/10/21
Route: LAX-DCA
Flight Number: 6
Departure time: 13:00
Menu: Yes
Meal description (if given): Chicken (sorry, I don't remember the description)

Snack basket offered: Yes (left in the galley for open F use)

Options: Chicken or Risotto, I chose chicken.
The chicken breast was dry, as expected, but still tasty. The saffron rice and lemon meringue were very good. Still better than what most other airlines are serving these days. No cookies were offered on the flight.

Originally Posted by hpmh
Date: 8/7/21
Route: SEA-FAI
Flight Number: 1465
Departure time: 11:46AM
Meal description (if given): Miso Marinated Cod: "Alaskan cod marinated in white miso and rice wine. Served with a sesame-garlic farro pilaf, sauteed yu choy with bell peppers and shiitake mushrooms, and a sesame-miso butter sauce.

Snack basket offered: Yes

I thought the cod was...fine? To me it seemed mildly flavored and the cod was cooked well and not dry. Overall, it tasted like a lighter/healthier meal. Also, mine definitely looked less black than the one in gold10829's post. Our F/A also wrote different quotes for each of our meals which I thought was interesting.

No plated dessert meant the cookies came out, which ended up being southern toffee with nuts (maybe pecans?), and as expected, delicious.

Originally Posted by gold10829
Date: 8/7/21
Route: PAE-SAN
Flight Number: AS2179
Departure time: 7:15
Meal description (if given): unsure

Snack basket offered (Y/N): yes

Upgraded 5 hours prior to departure.
power up platter was only option - description dried fruits, walnuts, grain-free granola, and milk
Date: 8/1/21
Route: ATL-SEA
Flight Number: 745
Departure time: 17:40
Meal description (if given): Dinner

Options: Miso Marinated Cod or a Ravioli. I chose the cod
Cod was really dry. However couldnt complain as I was hungry. Snack basket came out 1 hour prior to arrival. Cookie was given shortly after meal was cleared

Date: 7/28/21
Route: SEA-ATL
Flight Number: 442
Departure time: 16:14
Menu: No (preorder available 2.5 weeks out)
Meal description (if given): Snack but it was dinner

Options: Clementine Chicken or a Risotto I think (?). I got the chicken. Rice was somewhat over cooked, chicken required use of salt and pepper.
cookie handed out 1 hour prior to arrival. Snack basket came out

Originally Posted by pcoll
LAX/SEA
water at seat
cookie served with meal on tray
No snack basket.

Originally Posted by whitf00t

Shockingly good in F from KOA-SEA today, 8/2 AS854. That would be a Taro/Ube (couldnt tell) roll, with the beef filet, salad, and a sort of passionfruit cake. Normally meals are decent, good microwave quality, but today was awesome. Great job Alaska! We did not get a cookie but perhaps the cake makes up for that.
Originally Posted by Flyguy85
Flew AUS-SFO last night. Meal was the same as usual but at least served on china with a real napkin. The flight was operated by Skywest - maybe it would have been a hot meal if it were mainline?

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Hot meal with proper silverware and tray on AUS-SEA. Got the cod option. Pretty delicious. Only missing now compared to pre-pandemic is ice cream.
Originally Posted by lonelygod

Decided to take the risk and preordered the pork bowl, the pineapple+mango salsa is weird IMO, especially when combined with egg and pork will go back to the omelette definitely
Originally Posted by River in Sight
Just completed LAX-DCA, another flight I purchased in first for $191 using the QUEENJEAN code last December. An excellent value.

Drinks were served with a decent sized bag of Chex mix, which was pretty good. I enjoyed a few of the Fremont Lush IPA. Id pre-ordered the Roasted Chicken Clementine which is pictured below. It was pretty decent tho unremarkable and came with a lemon meringue tart. Service was very good and professional with a pass of the snack basket around an hour out of DCA.

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
And here she is. Definitely would be yummier if warm. Stole some sriracha sauce from the D lounge, gave it a nice healthy kick.

Originally Posted by simonsuo
Dont recall I have seen this, Lax to Anc, smoked salmon platt

Nice way of serving it

Very dry and hard salmon
er
Originally Posted by River in Sight
Flew JFK-SEA this morning. Bought tickets in first for my family of three for ~$220 each last December during the big sale right before Christmas. Smoking deal in my book.

This was my first transcon since COVID, but things mostly seemed normal except the coffee was in paper cups. My wife and I pre-ordered the kale bowl, which we both thought was pretty tasty. My neighbor had the onion frittata, I passed on that as I hate onions but it also looked pretty good. My son pre-ordered the fruit and cheese plate, which came with yogurt. There was one pass of the snack basket about an hour before landing; I selected the pea-toes based on reviews here and was not let down. We landed around an hour early due to favorable winds, all in all a very smooth flight although JFK Terminal 1 is pretty sad these days.

Kale Bowl
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K

HNL/SFO - tasty and relatively tender boeuf.

Way too many gross haricots verts
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
​​AS810 SEA-SNA on 6/12 .

I was hesitant but tried the Bahn-mi. It was OK. The pickled slaw and Sriracha really made the sandwich. The bread was a bit too thick and some small bits were very soggy. Also, the banhmi had this sauce (Sriracha mayo???) that didn't really belong in a banhmi, imo. Overall though, it was fine. I woke up hungover that day so the carby bread was really appreciated. 😂

Originally Posted by chrisny2
DCA-LAX, June 8, 2021
Breakfast:
Kale breakfast bowl (other option was caramelized onion frittata).
This was MUCH tastier than it looked - I really enjoyed it! Excellent service from the flight attendant in First, who gave me a warm welcome as a oneworld frequent flyer.

LAX-CUN
Lunch:
Entre Salad with egg. (Other option was Beef Sandwich)
This was ok - the cauliflower was marinated in curry, which overwhelmed the flavor of the dish.

Originally Posted by hpmh
Date: June 15, 2021
Route: SEA-EWR
Flight #: AS27, 1:45PM dep
Description: Baked chicken with salad and lemon tart. Got bumped to FC too late to preorder in app, so no description. Only details offered inflight were "butternut squash risotto or baked chicken". No cookie offered.
Menu: No, wasn't early enough to see on phone app
Snack Basket Offered: Yes

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Saw this on a friend's Facebook feed and thought I would share it here (he's not a frequent flyer, or FTer) as he did two things: (1) Traveled on a unicorn that is a flight from JFK to the West Coast (LAX, in this case) and (2) also gave a great description of the vegetarian L/D option:

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Date: June 3, 2021
Route: PDX-HNL
Flight #: AS889 - 8:05 AM Departure
Description: Cheddar Cheese Omelet
Menu: Pre-ordered on the app

Date: June 7, 2021
Route: HNL-SAN
Flight #: AS892 - 11:50 AM Departure
Description: Beef Filet
Menu: Pre-ordered on the app (overheard people who had not preordered only being offered the F&C or the other option. Beef filet had to be preordered on this flight)

Both meals were delicious. The breakfast was very filling, as was the dinner. I know it has been mentioned before, but I can't get over the fact that it's a real filet! I would pay $35 in a restaurant and be happy. It's also great to see that even the disposable napkins retain the button hole.

Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2021)

Old Nov 7, 2021, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Unless something has changed, I dont think they have even done water in Y on these short PDX-SEA or SEA-GEG flights so I can see the rationale for not serving beverages in F if nothing (not even water) is served in Y. Pre-Covid, they would walk down the aisle with OJ in Y but that hasn't returned.
they're supposed to do water. Ive repeated this a bunch of times here. To you specifically. I dont know what else to say. If the crew doesnt do what theyre supposed to then thats an entirely different thing but the standard has been exactly as Ive described it.
Carfield and Klrduks like this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 6:28 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
AS715 EWR-SEA right now.
FT is a small world indeed. I'm on the same plane this morning SEA-CMH. Tracked your flight all night last night. Looks like the pork was tasty!
atcanobbio likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by ab2013
I must say, AS is really trying hard to raise the bar on the dining aspect of inflight service, so kudos to them!
I'm psyched. Looks like AS is really trying to distance their in-flight product even more from UA and AA.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 7:51 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Date: November 6, 2021
Route: PDX-SFO
Flight #: AS2590 - Horizon E175 - 12:15PM Departure
Description: Pho Plate - Sous vide ginger and garlic marinated beef sirloin, Arcadian lettuce mix, Thai marinated vermicelli noodles, fresh tomato, and red onion, with a chili lime sambal dressing and Thai basil.
Menu: Pre-ordered on the app

The dressing brought the whole dish together and made it absolutely delicious! As I've said before, it's a huge upgrade over just the snack basket. Especially since that's still offered too.
Carfield and SOCguy like this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: AS
Noticed the chocolate on tray.
Was it included with meal or did you received it as a Gold75 , in F?
Old Nov 7, 2021, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by pcoll
Noticed the chocolate on tray.
Was it included with meal or did you received it as a Gold75 , in F?
It came with the tray. Not sure if it was because I was a 75K, part of the new meal service, or just the FA dressing up the tray with something extra.
pcoll likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 9:58 am

Date: November 7, 2021
Route: SFO-PDX
Flight #: AS383 - A320 - 8:00AM Departure
Description: Breakfast protein plate? Forgot to get full description. The orange bit in the small ramekin is some type of thick yogurt with mixed nuts/seeds(best guess).
Snack Basket Offered: No

Nice variety, fresh and tasty. Perfect for a route like this. The orange stuff (TBD what it is) was very good, as was the Baileys alternative.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 10:16 am

11/7/21, AS 992, SEA-CMH, 8:00am departure

Choice of Everything Bagel Quiche (ordered), Shakshouka with lentils (looked tasty), or F&C.

I definitely enjoyed the E.B. Quiche!
First-hand shakshouka review from FA: "can't even tell there are mushrooms. Lots of flavor! Really spicy."

Last edited by nineworldseries; Nov 7, 2021 at 11:03 am
Old Nov 7, 2021, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
they're supposed to do water. Ive repeated this a bunch of times here. To you specifically. I dont know what else to say. If the crew doesnt do what theyre supposed to then thats an entirely different thing but the standard has been exactly as Ive described it.
Got it
AS Flyer likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 11:24 am

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
No pictures but an update: Skywest E175's have hot galleys now - happened on November 4th per my FA. I had the hot Harvest Bowl for breakfast on AUS-LAX this morning (and had been able to pre-order it).
PDXPremier and pcoll like this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 7:38 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
AS 3364 SJC-LAX (Operated by SkyWest) 11/8/21

No PDB but got a water box when I asked. Full beverage service for F and also a snack basket with sweet and savory items. The coconut butter popcorn was really good.
Carfield likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 10:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
LAX-DAL today -- this is the Shakshuka option, I don't recall the other options. Snack basket was also passed. No PDB (not even water), though we were running late so not suprised.

Would 100% order this Shakshuka on a restaurant menu again if offered.

Carfield, AS Flyer and samosa like this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
I had the same meal tonight on AS11 EWR-SEA

Pork is completely dried out, dry and tough and no flavor. Menu describes it as miso glazed. No miso to be tasted. Pork can be made moist, maybe not on an airplane, and definitely not in this case. This is a miss. Elderly couple in front is complaining about their pork meal to the FA

Did not think that I would be missing the Cod but it was better!

Desert is bland. But it is nice to get back to glassware and a full service.

AS715 EWR-SEA right now.

Dinner was served... I think I posted the options a couple weeks back. I went with pork loin.

Pretty great dish. Nice big cut of protein. It was a bit dry but grilled onion on top and side Quinoa helped.

Warm nuts were served before the meal. Glassware is back, as is bottled wine.

Overall, great meal!

mildfrequence likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 8:48 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by skyvanman
LAX-DAL today -- this is the Shakshuka option, I don't recall the other options. Snack basket was also passed. No PDB (not even water), though we were running late so not suprised.

thanks for posting . Going online now to change my pre- order from Everything Bagel Quiche 😁.
Carfield and samosa like this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by skyvanman

I thought glassware was supposed to have returned for drinks?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.