Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2020, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Edited to add: Glassware and warm nuts returned to First Class on November 4, 2021.

Updated August 2021 at https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...ightExperience

First Class

Beverages

• Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke™, Sprite®, ginger ale, seltzer water
  • Orange juice
  • Starbucks® Pike Place® Roast coffee
  • Teavana® Royal English Breakfast Tea, Teavana® Mint Majesty Herbal Tea
  • Boxed Water

Alcohol and mixers

• Fremont Brewing Lush IPA
  • Kona Brewing Longboard Island Lager
  • Broken Earth El Pasado Red Blend, California
  • Canoe Ridge The Expedition Chardonnay, Washington
  • Tito’s Handmade Vodka
  • Woodford Reserve Bourbon
  • Jack Daniel’s Whiskey
  • Tanqueray London Dry Gin
  • Bailey’s Irish Cream
  • Bloody Mary mix
  • Tonic water

Food

• Snack basket with assortment of individually wrapped sweet and savory snacks

Food – Available on trips 670–1,099 miles operated by Alaska and on all Horizon and SkyWest flights

Pre-order recommended, departing 5:00 am – 8:00 pm
  • Choice between two cold entrees
  • Signature Fruit & Cheese Platter available as pre-order option

Food – Available on trips over 1,100 miles operated by Alaska

Pre-order recommended, departing 5:00 am – 8:00 pm
  • Choice between two hot entrees
  • Signature Fruit & Cheese Platter available as pre-order option
I also consolidate some of the pictures people posted here for a better visual reference
Originally Posted by CurbedEnthusiasm
Date: 8/10/21
Route: DCA-LAX
Flight No.: 5
Departure Time: 9:15
Menu: No
Meal Description: Breakfast - caramelized onion frittata with bacon, sweet potatoes, spinach, a button mushroom, warm raisin roll with butter, fruit salad, and Greek yogurt.
Other options: kale breakfast bowl or fruit and cheese plate.
Snack basket was offered once and then packed away.

Overall, this was a great meal.

Originally Posted by LAX2DCA
Date: 8/10/21
Route: LAX-DCA
Flight Number: 6
Departure time: 13:00
Menu: Yes
Meal description (if given): Chicken (sorry, I don't remember the description)

Snack basket offered: Yes (left in the galley for open F use)

Options: Chicken or Risotto, I chose chicken.
The chicken breast was dry, as expected, but still tasty. The saffron rice and lemon meringue were very good. Still better than what most other airlines are serving these days. No cookies were offered on the flight.

Originally Posted by hpmh
Date: 8/7/21
Route: SEA-FAI
Flight Number: 1465
Departure time: 11:46AM
Meal description (if given): Miso Marinated Cod: "Alaskan cod marinated in white miso and rice wine. Served with a sesame-garlic farro pilaf, sauteed yu choy with bell peppers and shiitake mushrooms, and a sesame-miso butter sauce.

Snack basket offered: Yes

I thought the cod was...fine? To me it seemed mildly flavored and the cod was cooked well and not dry. Overall, it tasted like a lighter/healthier meal. Also, mine definitely looked less black than the one in gold10829's post. Our F/A also wrote different quotes for each of our meals which I thought was interesting.

No plated dessert meant the cookies came out, which ended up being southern toffee with nuts (maybe pecans?), and as expected, delicious.

Originally Posted by gold10829
Date: 8/7/21
Route: PAE-SAN
Flight Number: AS2179
Departure time: 7:15
Meal description (if given): unsure

Snack basket offered (Y/N): yes

Upgraded 5 hours prior to departure.
power up platter was only option - description “dried fruits, walnuts, grain-free granola, and milk”
Date: 8/1/21
Route: ATL-SEA
Flight Number: 745
Departure time: 17:40
Meal description (if given): Dinner

Options: Miso Marinated Cod or a Ravioli. I chose the cod
Cod was really dry. However couldn’t complain as I was hungry. Snack basket came out 1 hour prior to arrival. Cookie was given shortly after meal was cleared

Date: 7/28/21
Route: SEA-ATL
Flight Number: 442
Departure time: 16:14
Menu: No (preorder available 2.5 weeks out)
Meal description (if given): “Snack” but it was dinner

Options: Clementine Chicken or a Risotto I think (?). I got the chicken. Rice was somewhat over cooked, chicken required use of salt and pepper.
cookie handed out 1 hour prior to arrival. Snack basket came out

Originally Posted by pcoll
LAX/SEA
water at seat
cookie served with meal on tray
No snack basket.

Originally Posted by whitf00t

Shockingly good in F from KOA-SEA today, 8/2 AS854. That would be a Taro/Ube (couldn’t tell) roll, with the beef filet, salad, and a sort of passionfruit cake. Normally meals are decent, good microwave quality, but today was awesome. Great job Alaska! We did not get a cookie but perhaps the cake makes up for that.
Originally Posted by Flyguy85
Flew AUS-SFO last night. Meal was the same as usual but at least served on china with a real napkin. The flight was operated by Skywest - maybe it would have been a hot meal if it were mainline?

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Hot meal with proper silverware and tray on AUS-SEA. Got the cod option. Pretty delicious. Only missing now compared to pre-pandemic is ice cream.
Originally Posted by lonelygod

Decided to take the risk and preordered the pork bowl, the pineapple+mango salsa is weird IMO, especially when combined with egg and pork will go back to the omelette definitely
Originally Posted by River in Sight
Just completed LAX-DCA, another flight I purchased in first for $191 using the “QUEENJEAN” code last December. An excellent value.

Drinks were served with a decent sized bag of Chex mix, which was pretty good. I enjoyed a few of the Fremont Lush IPA. I’d pre-ordered the Roasted Chicken Clementine which is pictured below. It was pretty decent tho unremarkable and came with a lemon meringue tart. Service was very good and professional with a pass of the snack basket around an hour out of DCA.

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
And here she is. Definitely would be yummier if warm. Stole some sriracha sauce from the D lounge, gave it a nice healthy kick.

Originally Posted by simonsuo
Don’t recall I have seen this, Lax to Anc, smoked salmon platt

Nice way of serving it

Very dry and hard salmon
er
Originally Posted by River in Sight
Flew JFK-SEA this morning. Bought tickets in first for my family of three for ~$220 each last December during the big sale right before Christmas. Smoking deal in my book.

This was my first transcon since COVID, but things mostly seemed normal except the coffee was in paper cups. My wife and I pre-ordered the kale bowl, which we both thought was pretty tasty. My neighbor had the onion frittata, I passed on that as I hate onions but it also looked pretty good. My son pre-ordered the fruit and cheese plate, which came with yogurt. There was one pass of the snack basket about an hour before landing; I selected the pea-toes based on reviews here and was not let down. We landed around an hour early due to favorable winds, all in all a very smooth flight although JFK Terminal 1 is pretty sad these days.

Kale Bowl
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K

HNL/SFO - tasty and relatively tender boeuf.

Way too many gross haricots verts
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
​​AS810 SEA-SNA on 6/12 .

I was hesitant but tried the Bahn-mi. It was OK. The pickled slaw and Sriracha really made the sandwich. The bread was a bit too thick and some small bits were very soggy. Also, the banhmi had this sauce (Sriracha mayo???) that didn't really belong in a banhmi, imo. Overall though, it was fine. I woke up hungover that day so the carby bread was really appreciated. 😂

Originally Posted by chrisny2
DCA-LAX, June 8, 2021
Breakfast:
Kale breakfast bowl (other option was caramelized onion frittata).
This was MUCH tastier than it looked - I really enjoyed it! Excellent service from the flight attendant in First, who gave me a warm welcome as a oneworld frequent flyer.

LAX-CUN
Lunch:
Entrée Salad with egg. (Other option was Beef Sandwich)
This was ok - the cauliflower was marinated in curry, which overwhelmed the flavor of the dish.

Originally Posted by hpmh
Date: June 15, 2021
Route: SEA-EWR
Flight #: AS27, 1:45PM dep
Description: Baked chicken with salad and lemon tart. Got bumped to FC too late to preorder in app, so no description. Only details offered inflight were "butternut squash risotto or baked chicken". No cookie offered.
Menu: No, wasn't early enough to see on phone app
Snack Basket Offered: Yes

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Saw this on a friend's Facebook feed and thought I would share it here (he's not a frequent flyer, or FTer) as he did two things: (1) Traveled on a unicorn that is a flight from JFK to the West Coast (LAX, in this case) and (2) also gave a great description of the vegetarian L/D option:

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Date: June 3, 2021
Route: PDX-HNL
Flight #: AS889 - 8:05 AM Departure
Description: Cheddar Cheese Omelet
Menu: Pre-ordered on the app

Date: June 7, 2021
Route: HNL-SAN
Flight #: AS892 - 11:50 AM Departure
Description: Beef Filet
Menu: Pre-ordered on the app (overheard people who had not preordered only being offered the F&C or the other option. Beef filet had to be preordered on this flight)

Both meals were delicious. The breakfast was very filling, as was the dinner. I know it has been mentioned before, but I can't get over the fact that it's a real filet! I would pay $35 in a restaurant and be happy. It's also great to see that even the disposable napkins retain the button hole.

Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2021, 3:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Kurt
I believe "process cheese" is short for the term "pasteurized process cheese" and refers to just that, the process by which the product is pasteurized. It is a term coined by a government agency to distinguish it from real cheese. Velveeta, Cheez Whiz, things along that line. "Pasteurized, processed cheese" is not the same term. Kudos to the Alaska F&C for being real cheese!
Agree, but I think it was further called "pasteurized process cheese food" - yuck. I call it plastic cheese.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
10/10/21
AS 655
PDX-DFW
First time having the cod which was ok but somewhat dry...really needed something like scalloped potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes, or even rice pilaf...the grain thing was just too bland. This was the first time in awhile that that the salad and roll were served before the hot entree. Also, I got a full sized can of 7-Up after asking for a Sprite...no problem Sadly, the cookie was butter pecan, not warmed, and just mixed in with the snack basket unlike the gooey chocolate chip cookie which would typically be served separate from the snack basket giving it the greater level of respect it so rightfully deserved

Regular size cans have returned!

Salad/Bread course

Hot entree course
Old Oct 10, 2021, 8:03 pm

I'm pretty sure that's barley, and yes, it usually benefits from "something".
Old Oct 10, 2021, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Moist fish would do it. Unfortunately, the one time I had that dish, I kept thinking if that poor ant that lost its rubber tree plant, because it was on my plate.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 9:34 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Moist fish would do it. Unfortunately, the one time I had that dish, I kept thinking if that poor ant that lost its rubber tree plant, because it was on my plate.
Did someone say ant?
Old Oct 10, 2021, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
First time having the cod which was ok but somewhat dry...really needed something like scalloped potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes, or even rice pilaf...the grain thing was just too bland.
Sesame-garlic farro pilaf, according to the description. The one time I had this dish, the Cod was also very dry, and these grains did not help with that at all.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by econ
Sesame-garlic farro pilaf, according to the description. The one time I had this dish, the Cod was also very dry, and these grains did not help with that at all.
While I commend them trying different things, they maybe need some food tasters before sending them out?

Barley Vs Farro - What's The Difference? - Foods Guy
Old Oct 11, 2021, 9:44 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
10/11/21, AS 992, SEA-CMH, 7:53am departure

Choice of pulled pork breakfast bowl, cheese omelet, or F&C. Only pre-order option about an hour out (got upgrade email on the train to N gates) was the cheese omelet, but also offered the pork bowl. Not usually a fan of meat at breakfast (but am a fan of breakfast IPAs as they're vegetarian). I was pleasantly surprised that I got different breakfast options than my SEA-ANC leg 2 days ago (directionally based, I'm guessing?) Roll was cinnamon raisin, not regular wheat roll, which was noteworthy.

Last edited by nineworldseries; Oct 11, 2021 at 9:56 am
Old Oct 11, 2021, 2:44 pm

10/10/21
AS714 SEA-EWR 3:41pm dep
Snack Basket Offered: Surprisingly no (see comments below)

Butternut Squash Risotto

Other option was the clementine chicken which I've already had a few times, so I decided to give the risotto a try. It was fine. A bit boring, but at least it had flavor. A bit after the trays were cleared we hit some bumps and the seatbelt sign came on, and even though the announcement for FAs to be seated didn't come until an hour or so later, no service was offered at all after dinner (last 2.5hrs of the flight). Finally just before descent the seatbelt sign was turned off and I saw the purser bring out the basket for the first few rows assuming it would make its way back to me in 4F, but for some reason just never did. As a result there was only one drink service (the one before dinner) for the entirety of the flight.

While I understand safety is obviously the priority, I feel like there were a multitude of opportunities to do a quick drink service after dinner or even just an offering of water, especially since the captain had not asked FAs to be seated yet, they were standing and chatting in the galley, and passengers were using the lavs.

chrisl137 and Bellerina like this.

Last edited by hpmh; Oct 11, 2021 at 2:54 pm
Old Oct 11, 2021, 2:47 pm

Ooo the lemon meringue pie looks good (if that's what's underneath).
Old Oct 11, 2021, 2:55 pm

Ooo the lemon meringue pie looks good (if that's what's underneath).
Yep, and it was tasty.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 8:08 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold75, United Mileageplus
AS736 10/11/21
SEA-BOS, 3:47PM-11:59PM
Snack Basket offered at least once (I slept post-meal)

Choices were clementine chicken, butternut risotto, or cheese plate. Would have chosen the risotto (I had the chicken in 2020 and it was meh) but I was upgraded at 24 hours and it was the only choice. My first time sitting up front since plated meals returned in May, so I was still quite happy! Really enjoyed the lemon meringue tart

My seat mate had the cheese plate, which came plated with the salad, bread, and dessert. Is that standard now? I can’t remember how they did the cheese plate in the before times, but regardless it was a good presentation. My understanding is they now cater two for the cabin and 14 hot entrees?

Good service from the PDX-flight Attendant. Flight was bumpy and long thanks to a weak jet stream, but that meant I got a longer nap!
pcoll likes this.

Last edited by AS36; Oct 17, 2021 at 8:09 pm Reason: adding snack basket note
Old Oct 17, 2021, 8:14 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
CMH-SEA today, had the Cod which is my preferred evening meal at the moment. Didn't disappoint, it wasn't dried out. I always mix the barley and the vegetables so that whatever juices and umami that might be on that side of the plate mixes in to give it a little flavor kick.

FA was attentive, drinks always full, cookies were separate, snack basket x2.
pcoll and mildfrequence like this.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 10:37 pm

has anyone had the huli huli chicken on a SEA-KOA flight? if so, how was it? alternative option is the butternut squash risotto.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 10:55 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by ASA_1
has anyone had the huli huli chicken on a SEA-KOA flight? if so, how was it? alternative option is the butternut squash risotto.
i had it a few months ago. I enjoyed it and i'd get it again. see post in link below for pic

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33296872-post793.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.