Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2021)

Old Dec 30, 2020, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Edited to add: Glassware and warm nuts returned to First Class on November 4, 2021.

Updated August 2021 at https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...ightExperience

First Class

Beverages

• Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite, ginger ale, seltzer water
  • Orange juice
  • Starbucks Pike Place Roast coffee
  • Teavana Royal English Breakfast Tea, Teavana Mint Majesty Herbal Tea
  • Boxed Water

Alcohol and mixers

• Fremont Brewing Lush IPA
  • Kona Brewing Longboard Island Lager
  • Broken Earth El Pasado Red Blend, California
  • Canoe Ridge The Expedition Chardonnay, Washington
  • Titos Handmade Vodka
  • Woodford Reserve Bourbon
  • Jack Daniels Whiskey
  • Tanqueray London Dry Gin
  • Baileys Irish Cream
  • Bloody Mary mix
  • Tonic water

Food

• Snack basket with assortment of individually wrapped sweet and savory snacks

Food Available on trips 6701,099 miles operated by Alaska and on all Horizon and SkyWest flights

Pre-order recommended, departing 5:00 am 8:00 pm
  • Choice between two cold entrees
  • Signature Fruit & Cheese Platter available as pre-order option

Food Available on trips over 1,100 miles operated by Alaska

Pre-order recommended, departing 5:00 am 8:00 pm
  • Choice between two hot entrees
  • Signature Fruit & Cheese Platter available as pre-order option
I also consolidate some of the pictures people posted here for a better visual reference
Originally Posted by CurbedEnthusiasm
Date: 8/10/21
Route: DCA-LAX
Flight No.: 5
Departure Time: 9:15
Menu: No
Meal Description: Breakfast - caramelized onion frittata with bacon, sweet potatoes, spinach, a button mushroom, warm raisin roll with butter, fruit salad, and Greek yogurt.
Other options: kale breakfast bowl or fruit and cheese plate.
Snack basket was offered once and then packed away.

Overall, this was a great meal.

Originally Posted by LAX2DCA
Date: 8/10/21
Route: LAX-DCA
Flight Number: 6
Departure time: 13:00
Menu: Yes
Meal description (if given): Chicken (sorry, I don't remember the description)

Snack basket offered: Yes (left in the galley for open F use)

Options: Chicken or Risotto, I chose chicken.
The chicken breast was dry, as expected, but still tasty. The saffron rice and lemon meringue were very good. Still better than what most other airlines are serving these days. No cookies were offered on the flight.

Originally Posted by hpmh
Date: 8/7/21
Route: SEA-FAI
Flight Number: 1465
Departure time: 11:46AM
Meal description (if given): Miso Marinated Cod: "Alaskan cod marinated in white miso and rice wine. Served with a sesame-garlic farro pilaf, sauteed yu choy with bell peppers and shiitake mushrooms, and a sesame-miso butter sauce.

Snack basket offered: Yes

I thought the cod was...fine? To me it seemed mildly flavored and the cod was cooked well and not dry. Overall, it tasted like a lighter/healthier meal. Also, mine definitely looked less black than the one in gold10829's post. Our F/A also wrote different quotes for each of our meals which I thought was interesting.

No plated dessert meant the cookies came out, which ended up being southern toffee with nuts (maybe pecans?), and as expected, delicious.

Originally Posted by gold10829
Date: 8/7/21
Route: PAE-SAN
Flight Number: AS2179
Departure time: 7:15
Meal description (if given): unsure

Snack basket offered (Y/N): yes

Upgraded 5 hours prior to departure.
power up platter was only option - description dried fruits, walnuts, grain-free granola, and milk
Date: 8/1/21
Route: ATL-SEA
Flight Number: 745
Departure time: 17:40
Meal description (if given): Dinner

Options: Miso Marinated Cod or a Ravioli. I chose the cod
Cod was really dry. However couldnt complain as I was hungry. Snack basket came out 1 hour prior to arrival. Cookie was given shortly after meal was cleared

Date: 7/28/21
Route: SEA-ATL
Flight Number: 442
Departure time: 16:14
Menu: No (preorder available 2.5 weeks out)
Meal description (if given): Snack but it was dinner

Options: Clementine Chicken or a Risotto I think (?). I got the chicken. Rice was somewhat over cooked, chicken required use of salt and pepper.
cookie handed out 1 hour prior to arrival. Snack basket came out

Originally Posted by pcoll
LAX/SEA
water at seat
cookie served with meal on tray
No snack basket.

Originally Posted by whitf00t

Shockingly good in F from KOA-SEA today, 8/2 AS854. That would be a Taro/Ube (couldnt tell) roll, with the beef filet, salad, and a sort of passionfruit cake. Normally meals are decent, good microwave quality, but today was awesome. Great job Alaska! We did not get a cookie but perhaps the cake makes up for that.
Originally Posted by Flyguy85
Flew AUS-SFO last night. Meal was the same as usual but at least served on china with a real napkin. The flight was operated by Skywest - maybe it would have been a hot meal if it were mainline?

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Hot meal with proper silverware and tray on AUS-SEA. Got the cod option. Pretty delicious. Only missing now compared to pre-pandemic is ice cream.
Originally Posted by lonelygod

Decided to take the risk and preordered the pork bowl, the pineapple+mango salsa is weird IMO, especially when combined with egg and pork will go back to the omelette definitely
Originally Posted by River in Sight
Just completed LAX-DCA, another flight I purchased in first for $191 using the QUEENJEAN code last December. An excellent value.

Drinks were served with a decent sized bag of Chex mix, which was pretty good. I enjoyed a few of the Fremont Lush IPA. Id pre-ordered the Roasted Chicken Clementine which is pictured below. It was pretty decent tho unremarkable and came with a lemon meringue tart. Service was very good and professional with a pass of the snack basket around an hour out of DCA.

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
And here she is. Definitely would be yummier if warm. Stole some sriracha sauce from the D lounge, gave it a nice healthy kick.

Originally Posted by simonsuo
Dont recall I have seen this, Lax to Anc, smoked salmon platt

Nice way of serving it

Very dry and hard salmon
er
Originally Posted by River in Sight
Flew JFK-SEA this morning. Bought tickets in first for my family of three for ~$220 each last December during the big sale right before Christmas. Smoking deal in my book.

This was my first transcon since COVID, but things mostly seemed normal except the coffee was in paper cups. My wife and I pre-ordered the kale bowl, which we both thought was pretty tasty. My neighbor had the onion frittata, I passed on that as I hate onions but it also looked pretty good. My son pre-ordered the fruit and cheese plate, which came with yogurt. There was one pass of the snack basket about an hour before landing; I selected the pea-toes based on reviews here and was not let down. We landed around an hour early due to favorable winds, all in all a very smooth flight although JFK Terminal 1 is pretty sad these days.

Kale Bowl
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K

HNL/SFO - tasty and relatively tender boeuf.

Way too many gross haricots verts
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
​​AS810 SEA-SNA on 6/12 .

I was hesitant but tried the Bahn-mi. It was OK. The pickled slaw and Sriracha really made the sandwich. The bread was a bit too thick and some small bits were very soggy. Also, the banhmi had this sauce (Sriracha mayo???) that didn't really belong in a banhmi, imo. Overall though, it was fine. I woke up hungover that day so the carby bread was really appreciated. 😂

Originally Posted by chrisny2
DCA-LAX, June 8, 2021
Breakfast:
Kale breakfast bowl (other option was caramelized onion frittata).
This was MUCH tastier than it looked - I really enjoyed it! Excellent service from the flight attendant in First, who gave me a warm welcome as a oneworld frequent flyer.

LAX-CUN
Lunch:
Entre Salad with egg. (Other option was Beef Sandwich)
This was ok - the cauliflower was marinated in curry, which overwhelmed the flavor of the dish.

Originally Posted by hpmh
Date: June 15, 2021
Route: SEA-EWR
Flight #: AS27, 1:45PM dep
Description: Baked chicken with salad and lemon tart. Got bumped to FC too late to preorder in app, so no description. Only details offered inflight were "butternut squash risotto or baked chicken". No cookie offered.
Menu: No, wasn't early enough to see on phone app
Snack Basket Offered: Yes

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Saw this on a friend's Facebook feed and thought I would share it here (he's not a frequent flyer, or FTer) as he did two things: (1) Traveled on a unicorn that is a flight from JFK to the West Coast (LAX, in this case) and (2) also gave a great description of the vegetarian L/D option:

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Date: June 3, 2021
Route: PDX-HNL
Flight #: AS889 - 8:05 AM Departure
Description: Cheddar Cheese Omelet
Menu: Pre-ordered on the app

Date: June 7, 2021
Route: HNL-SAN
Flight #: AS892 - 11:50 AM Departure
Description: Beef Filet
Menu: Pre-ordered on the app (overheard people who had not preordered only being offered the F&C or the other option. Beef filet had to be preordered on this flight)

Both meals were delicious. The breakfast was very filling, as was the dinner. I know it has been mentioned before, but I can't get over the fact that it's a real filet! I would pay $35 in a restaurant and be happy. It's also great to see that even the disposable napkins retain the button hole.

Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2021)

Old Apr 3, 2021, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by perigord
Limited to ham & egg wrap or fruit & cheese for Morning LAX-HNL next week. Return flight has beef filet and vegetarian eggplant lasagna.
I think most would agree that the current "breakfast" wrap is the least favorite among the fruit/cheese and turkey sandwich choices so it's interesting that the ham and egg wrap didn't get replaced with something warm....perhaps so many people decline it that they have a few months of extra supply to get rid of....didn't the same think happen a few years ago with the kale??
Old Apr 3, 2021, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Any type of steak or beef rib I've had on other airlines (particularly AA on a flight from AUA-MIA) was actually delicious.
I'm with you there. It's just that after having187 million in-flight meals on AS, seeing a steak placed in front of me will be weird. Neither complaining nor pre-judging!
Old Apr 3, 2021, 5:21 pm

I've flown AS F many, many times and still have yet to have:
1. Steak (aka "beef filet")
2. Ice cream
I have had steak in AS F before, though this was pre-VX merger. Years ago, I also enjoyed ice cream sundaes several times on transcons and SFO-ANC flights. I even remember being served ice cream in coach on AS a couple of times (this was circa 2004).
Old Apr 3, 2021, 7:54 pm

Here is a screenshot of the new hot food options:
tom911 and Bellerina like this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 8:10 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by PDXRunway
Weird/funny category: why do they show a beverage on a page where you order a meal

Last edited by dayone; Apr 3, 2021 at 9:09 pm Reason: Redact quoted image for readability.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 9:10 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I hope others will post if these options are offered on other than Hawaii flights.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 9:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TPJ
Weird/funny category: why do they show a beverage on a page where you order a meal
They don't want to disappoint you when the dish looks nothing like the picture.

James
bon mot likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
They don't want to disappoint you when the dish looks nothing like the picture.

James
And what about the glass looking nothing like the "glass?"
Old Apr 3, 2021, 11:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
And what about the glass looking nothing like the "glass?"
Here, "plate" was used colloquially to mean the food, not the plate(ware)/dinner(ware) it is presented upon. You know, food is platted and if the plate is large, often oval, platted on a platter; never plattered...

James
Old Apr 4, 2021, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXRunway
Looks like cranberry juice is back! That was my go-to cocktail pre-pandemic (with a Sprite Zero chaser of course).
Old Apr 4, 2021, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dayone
I hope others will post if these options are offered on other than Hawaii flights.
Same here although I really do think the meal upgrades are limited to the Hawaii flights (eastbound only) and it's probably more of a "test run" since the market is a relatively small % of AS flights.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Same here although I really do think the meal upgrades are limited to the Hawaii flights (eastbound only) and it's probably more of a "test run" since the market is a relatively small % of AS flights.
Sad, considering that FLL SEA is almost 7 hours and deserves a meal upgrade
Old Apr 5, 2021, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fly747first
Sad, considering that FLL SEA is almost 7 hours and deserves a meal upgrade
Yeah, I doubt trans cons will be getting any meal upgrades anytime soon but I do wish they would rotate out the sandwich every month or two....they seem pretty committed to making all the meal options (outside of the Hawaii test meals) cold so I wonder if they would ever consider a boxed salad like the ones they serve in the lounge? Would be a nice break from the sandwiches....
Old Apr 5, 2021, 2:26 pm

Yeah, I doubt trans cons will be getting any meal upgrades anytime soon but I do wish they would rotate out the sandwich every month or two....they seem pretty committed to making all the meal options (outside of the Hawaii test meals) cold so I wonder if they would ever consider a boxed salad like the ones they serve in the lounge? Would be a nice break from the sandwiches....
Nobody really knows but I don't know what there is to "test". It's not a "new" meal service - just a return to meal service. I'd be really surprised if this wasn't just a roll out across the board - or at least on the longer flights. I'd been hearing that hot food was coming back - and never heard that it was only on Hawaii flights. To that, Alaska faces more competition providing a higher level of service on transcons than they do Hawaii flights. Had I any solid information earlier I would have come here to post but this is the first I've heard of these new meals. If I hear of anything new to report I'll let you all know if I'm able.

Just wanted to add - Alaska hasn't been "committed to making meals cold". Nothing about what's going on indicates that. They cut way back to no meal service at all - then boxes, then cheese and fruit, then a choice, now hot meals. Each step has been an improvement over the previous offering. What AS did also do was bring back a food option in First Class before almost any other competitor - and still better options than most now. JetBlue has been doing a nicer service on their limited Mint flights but other than that, cold sandwiches, small cheese plates and boxes - and Alaska generally lead the way to get to this point.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
Nobody really knows but I don't know what there is to "test". It's not a "new" meal service - just a return to meal service. I'd be really surprised if this wasn't just a roll out across the board - or at least on the longer flights. I'd been hearing that hot food was coming back - and never heard that it was only on Hawaii flights. To that, Alaska faces more competition providing a higher level of service on transcons than they do Hawaii flights. Had I any solid information earlier I would have come here to post but this is the first I've heard of these new meals. If I hear of anything new to report I'll let you all know if I'm able.
Always appreciate the updates/perspective....the fact that this was the first you've heard of the new meals makes me wonder if the new meal information was pushed through to the app early--we know that the meal selection part of the app doesn't always function correctly (showing no meal when there is, etc.)....just a thought.
AS Flyer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.