Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Friends and Family Promo Code - 30% Off (Valid 12/17-19/2020 for Jan 5-Aug 31, 2021)

Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Moderator Note: For those who wish to take advantage of this promotion, please consider using Missy's code. Thanks.

dayone, AS Moderator

HOLD UP!!! I just got permission to use the one I built to test all the other offers - so you all need to get on this one too.
Print Wikipost

Friends and Family Promo Code - 30% Off (Valid 12/17-19/2020 for Jan 5-Aug 31, 2021)

Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I’m being VERY (yes probably overly) optimistic about the possibility that it will be ok to travel AND that I’ll actually be able to convince people that I’ll NEED to be on site for a few days ... but I booked two SEA-WAS trips in Apr and two more in May, all tagged to QUEENJEAN (~$450 roundtrip in discounted F, ~8100 miles with the 75% COS bonus)
missydarlin and Ford Fairlane like this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
If you are going to pick a random code, it seems only one on your list is attached to a real, identifiable person. I know there are other actual AS employees who are regulars on this forum, if they want to state what their "name" is, I would be happy to consider them also.
nobody else has a personal code and, it seems that the one assigned to Missy isn’t included in the competition based on the recent standings that the company has posted to employees. Probably because it’s meant to be a light hearted competition between departments and not individuals. Nevertheless, I’m not even sure if there’s an actual prize beyond bragging rights. Mainly, the biggest prize is that we all get to keep our jobs because our company is generating much needed revenue. For that reason, at least to me, I don’t care which code anyone uses. I’m just glad that the discount code is doing what it was intended to do.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
The bookings have commenced for me.

In for one QUEENJEAN into TPA... for now. Concerned about how many I might book. Balmy -17 here, so would be nice to plan some escapes.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:25 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
nobody else has a personal code and, it seems that the one assigned to Missy isn’t included in the competition based on the recent standings that the company has posted to employees. Probably because it’s meant to be a light hearted competition between departments and not individuals. Nevertheless, I’m not even sure if there’s an actual prize beyond bragging rights. Mainly, the biggest prize is that we all get to keep our jobs because our company is generating much needed revenue. For that reason, at least to me, I don’t care which code anyone uses. I’m just glad that the discount code is doing what it was intended to do.

I'm glad too, and it seems to be a great success, at least from this outsider's perspective.

For what it's worth, I've blasted it (FLYWITHME) all over my social media and between myself, friends and family, I know personally of at least 40, probably closer to 50 I class roundtrip bookings. I would think the uptick in bookings from this promotion must be incredible, but obviously we'll never know those real #s.
missydarlin likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:28 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
This is really a welcome gift, need to do a lot of back and forth in Jan/Feb to help out with family and have one child returning to school. This is making our life a bit easier (and cheaper). Love the fact that SEA-PSP prices out at $80 one way in F, that is really nice.
missydarlin, AS Flyer and NoLaGent like this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
I'm glad too, and it seems to be a great success, at least from this outsider's perspective.

For what it's worth, I've blasted it (FLYWITHME) all over my social media and between myself, friends and family, I know personally of at least 40, probably closer to 50 I class roundtrip bookings. I would think the uptick in bookings from this promotion must be incredible, but obviously we'll never know those real #s.
thanks for helping to promote bookings!! I hope that travel will start getting back to normal soon. I miss my regular flyers... and I’m not just saying that.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
PDX-EWR-PDX in F (8491 EQM @ $431.80) = 0.0509cpm
PDX-DEN-PDX in F (3493 EQM @ $165.80) = 0.0475cpm
PDX-SEA-ORD-SEA-PDX in F (7752.5 EQM @ $354.00) = 0.0457cpm
PDX-MSP-PDX in F (4973.5 EQM @ $213.40) = 0.0429cpm
PDX-SEA-AUS-SEA-PDX in F (6237 EQM @ $245.50) = 0.0394cpm * PDX-SEA in main

Some of these offer a better cpm earning if you fly in main cabin. You can get transcons for under 0.03cpm if you are willing to fly main cabin plus do a red-eye. Technically 2 days, but you leave in the evening of day 1.
If you're willing to fly in Main Cabin and you're not flying during the typical blackout dates like President's Day weekend, you're probably better off waiting until the next 40% Russell Wilson or 50% BOGO sale...this particular sale is all about the discount on First Class fares and flights during peak travel days....if you're flying in Main Cabin on a Wednesday in the middle of February, there are likely better sales coming your way.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
If you're willing to fly in Main Cabin and you're not flying during the typical blackout dates like President's Day weekend, you're probably better off waiting until the next 40% Russell Wilson or 50% BOGO sale...this particular sale is all about the discount on First Class fares and flights during peak travel days....if you're flying in Main Cabin on a Wednesday in the middle of February, there are likely better sales coming your way.
I’m not so sure, I rebooked some flights that I booked during the 40% promotions and since the base fares seem cheaper right now it was less expensive over all
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
I’m not so sure, I rebooked some flights that I booked during the 40% promotions and since the base fares seem cheaper right now it was less expensive over all
And one can always rebook to a lower price if it appears. Just deposit to mywallet and rebook (Yes, there might be a delay, but usually isn't).
PDXPremier likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by beckoa
... Concerned about how many I might book. Balmy -17 here, so would be nice to plan some escapes.
last week one of my Govt clients asked if I could help with preparing for some upcoming discussions on Cyber issues affecting the industrial base (this was a few days before the SolarWinds hack hit the news) ... I responded ”I have some friends from the Alaska Airlines FlyerTalk community who live near Anchorage and Fairbanks, and who typically make serious efforts to spend several weeks a year traveling to and around places like Cabo and Maui and Key West ... I think “Cyber” is basically their expression of frustration at being stuck in the home state all year ... ‘< sigh > Brrrrrrr!’ ”
Ford Fairlane likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
thanks for helping to promote bookings!! I hope that travel will start getting back to normal soon. I miss my regular flyers... and I’m not just saying that.
Of course, it's my pleasure to do what little I can. And truth be told, it brings me joy to help friends and family that otherwise would have no idea this promotion is even happening. I often forget just how very few follow travel news like this, much less FlyerTalk forums.

Three examples: One friend (SFO) is ecstatic that he's traveling in F to NYC for his birthday in April. My Aunt (LAX) booked SJD (Feb) and MSO (Jun) this afternoon for her family trips and my Cousins squealed with delight when she told them they were getting the comfy seats in the front of the plane. A work colleague (AUS) is doing the Rocky Mountaineer with her husband in Mid-August and this works out perfectly for them. It's a nice treat to quasi-play a Christmas Travel Elf to people I love and they're all very excited. It's a really great thing to see this time of year, especially after the year that 2020 has been.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I may try and book one more tomorrow. As a former flight attendant (though for a different airline), I'm all in on the FLYWITHME code. We are a family. I hope my minuscule saver bookings help a little

-J.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 9:33 pm

There were some insanely good deals out there. If this wasn't ending tonight, I suspect I might have booked more. Anyway, thanks AS, hope it was as good for you as it was for me.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by nall
There were some insanely good deals out there. If this wasn't ending tonight, I suspect I might have booked more. Anyway, thanks AS, hope it was as good for you as it was for me.
It's not!

Purchase By: 11:59 PM (PT) December 19, 2020
missydarlin and nall like this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by stephem
This is really a welcome gift, need to do a lot of back and forth in Jan/Feb to help out with family and have one child returning to school. This is making our life a bit easier (and cheaper). Love the fact that SEA-PSP prices out at $80 one way in F, that is really nice.
I actually just bought two tickets to PSP in F for myself 😬. It’s a sweet deal and a great Christmas present for my husband.
skyblue and NoLaGent like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.