Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Friends and Family Promo Code - 30% Off (Valid 12/17-19/2020 for Jan 5-Aug 31, 2021)

Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Moderator Note: For those who wish to take advantage of this promotion, please consider using Missy's code. Thanks.

dayone, AS Moderator

HOLD UP!!! I just got permission to use the one I built to test all the other offers - so you all need to get on this one too.
Print Wikipost

Friends and Family Promo Code - 30% Off (Valid 12/17-19/2020 for Jan 5-Aug 31, 2021)

Old Dec 17, 2020, 5:21 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Another question. I'm seeing some REALLY cheap first class trips. As a Gold, do I still get 225% EQM bonus total, even if paid with this discount? I am having trouble finding the chart in the Alaska site.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Waitlisted
Another question. I'm seeing some REALLY cheap first class trips. As a Gold, do I still get 225% EQM bonus total, even if paid with this discount? I am having trouble finding the chart in the Alaska site.
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...earn-on-alaska
Waitlisted likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 7:25 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I normally fly American, but WAS-LAX nonstop is available for less than $400 ROUND TRIP this summer in First Class. Crazy. Normally I pay more than that one way for American First. Definitely going to speculatively book a trip or two for mid-next year.
missydarlin likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Does this work when using a Companion Fare discount?

Edit: Just tried to book a trip using CF and there is nowhere to enter another discount code, that I saw anyway.

Using CF code is abt $55 cheaper than QUEENJEAN code for r/t to Hawaii in May. Sorry, Queen.

Last edited by philemer; Dec 17, 2020 at 8:33 pm
Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:21 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by philemer

Edit: Just tried to book a trip using CF and there is nowhere to enter another discount code, that I saw anyway.
Nope, unfortunately only one discount code per booking. A companion code is considered a discount code.
philemer likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by philemer

Using CF code is abt $55 cheaper than QUEENJEAN code for r/t to Hawaii in May. Sorry, Queen.
If you're only getting $55 discount using the Companion Cert, I would save it and use QUEENJEAN...$55 doesn't even cover the annual fee on the credit card....and don't let James see this since he would easily get over $500 discount with the way he stretches out his Companion Certs
pcoll, Flying for Fun and williwaw like this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 9:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
There's SEA-PHX F fares for $79 with this discount code.
Yes, I see those! I will be through SEA on January 1st and on January 7th. I wanted to do a PHX-SEA turn before the 7th. Sale is from the 5th on and those dates are more expensive.

It looks like I won't requalify for 75K on January 1st. I will have the miles but not the segments. I will have to wait until the 12th with current bookings to get there. 😬

James
tobikosan and pcoll like this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 9:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
If you're only getting $55 discount using the Companion Cert, I would save it and use QUEENJEAN...$55 doesn't even cover the annual fee on the credit card....and don't let James see this since he would easily get over $500 discount with the way he stretches out his Companion Certs
Too Late!!! lol. However, $500 dollars is at the bottom of the scale. Greater than $1K has happened too. I round-up the savings going in circles.

James
Old Dec 17, 2020, 10:06 pm

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
Thanks- I blanket all my fly monthly - SJC -DCA to June2021
Fare seem to going up from there , perhaps for the summer (whether anyone will take vacation or not !) .

Now, if I can secure my N95 masks just in case.

D-
missydarlin likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 10:17 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by Waitlisted
Just to be clear.... If I have a $200 ticket with 30% off I am paying $140. But this "Once the 'Purchase By' date has passed, any changes will result in the forfeiture of the discount" is in the fine print.. Does this mean if I cancel I get $140 in my wallet, and have to forfeit the $60? or are they just talking about forfeiting the discount code, or not being able to apply the discount to a changed booking with those funds? I'm thinking the latter, but its confusing verbiage.

If you pay $140 for a ticket, and cancel said ticket, you get $140 in your wallet.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 11:30 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by missydarlin
If you pay $140 for a ticket, and cancel said ticket, you get $140 in your wallet.
I think Queen Missy will be cleaning up on the discount code contest. I know I have done my part.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 11:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Wow this is better than the 40% targeted offer in many ways, no restrictions, first included. I got SAN - SFO - BOS 100$ in R thats crazy. Im never one to do pure mileage runs but might have an excuse to have lunch on the east coast with some friends and be back home to prep my lecture for the next day

thanks Missy
missydarlin and Ford Fairlane like this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 12:18 am

Programs: AS MVPG
This is out of control. $540 I fares DCA-PDX-HNL in the summer! At this rate I'll make 75K for the first time.

Thank you, Missy.

Edit: $460 IAD-LAX-HNL. Even better.

Last edited by finlandia; Dec 18, 2020 at 12:59 am Reason: Update
Old Dec 18, 2020, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
If you're only getting $55 discount using the Companion Cert, I would save it and use QUEENJEAN...$55 doesn't even cover the annual fee on the credit card....
True, IF you use all your CF certs. I don't fly enough to use all mine (usually use 2 of 3). Most of my flights are with miles. So it works for me. So, might be time to close one of our 3 cards.

Last edited by philemer; Dec 18, 2020 at 9:42 am
Old Dec 18, 2020, 9:58 am

Programs: free agent
I assume i could earn class of service bonus if I book First with discount code? 9 or so LAX-FLL r/t ticket and be done with it but my friend think we couldnt earn class of service bonus if using discount code? I think we can but want to chime to hear others' opinions.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.