Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Friends and Family Promo Code - 30% Off (Valid 12/17-19/2020 for Jan 5-Aug 31, 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Moderator Note: For those who wish to take advantage of this promotion, please consider using Missy's code. Thanks.

dayone, AS Moderator

HOLD UP!!! I just got permission to use the one I built to test all the other offers - so you all need to get on this one too.
Print Wikipost

Friends and Family Promo Code - 30% Off (Valid 12/17-19/2020 for Jan 5-Aug 31, 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2020, 3:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Excellent. Just used it to book RDU-JNU for August to claim my 50th state capitol. F outbound and Premium inbound for $615. I'll use the savings for the $309 a night Four Points Juneau.
missydarlin and Ford Fairlane like this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 3:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I only had one I could cancel and rebook...used QUEENJEAN because that's my name, too, and Missy's always been helpful to me (I'm not really good remember who's who but she I did know), so don't know what you're going to get but hope I helped!
Old Dec 17, 2020, 3:19 pm

Programs: free agent
Might stack this discount to help me with hyatt globalist status in January and February but same time, I feel guilty about idea of booking during peak COVID-19 epidemic.

What's reliable route for cheapest F transcon? It seems like JFK-SFO is best option? I live in PA so WAS or NYC will do for me. I like idea of booking F to cut my flying time to minimum...
Old Dec 17, 2020, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by washeelers747
Might stack this discount to help me with hyatt globalist status in January and February but same time, I feel guilty about idea of booking during peak COVID-19 epidemic.

What's reliable route for cheapest F transcon? It seems like JFK-SFO is best option? I live in PA so WAS or NYC will do for me. I like idea of booking F to cut my flying time to minimum...
Other than exiting 2 minutes before everyone else, how does flying F cut your flying time?
Mauibaby2008 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 3:44 pm

Programs: AS
Quick question....can I use Wallet funds to upgrade to PC. or... how can I apply a gift certificate to seat upgrade?
Thanks
Old Dec 17, 2020, 3:49 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
PC is considered a seat purchase. Wallet funds/Gift certs are only valid for airfare & taxes
pcoll likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 3:51 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold

Non-stop LAX-FLL is $63 in Main, $170 in F. There is also U availability if you would like to apply a GGU for $174.

I booked PVR-LAX. The discounted base price for F was $122.

James
washeelers747 and pcoll like this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 4:06 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Other than exiting 2 minutes before everyone else, how does flying F cut your flying time?
Reach status faster with less flying time such as F's 75% EQM bonus, etc.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 4:06 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Used 30% unrestricted dates for some Friday flights Friday’s were limited to only 10% with Wilson’s TD discounts
Old Dec 17, 2020, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
If you credit it to your wallet, does it go back instantly so you can use the credit to book the new flight?
pcoll likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 4:30 pm

Reach status faster with less flying time such as F's 75% EQM bonus, etc.
Sorry, I thought he meant "in the air time" for any given flight F vs. Y.
washeelers747 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 4:48 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by xfisgsm
If you credit it to your wallet, does it go back instantly so you can use the credit to book the new flight?
Fast but not instant. It took mine 2 minutes, about the time it took to start new booking.
dayone and xfisgsm like this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 4:51 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by pcoll
Fast but not instant. It took mine 2 minutes, about the time it took to start new booking.
Agreed!

I have had it take several days 1/10 times, but it’s usually within a few moments.

YMMV
Old Dec 17, 2020, 4:59 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Just to be clear.... If I have a $200 ticket with 30% off I am paying $140. But this "Once the 'Purchase By' date has passed, any changes will result in the forfeiture of the discount" is in the fine print.. Does this mean if I cancel I get $140 in my wallet, and have to forfeit the $60? or are they just talking about forfeiting the discount code, or not being able to apply the discount to a changed booking with those funds? I'm thinking the latter, but its confusing verbiage.

Last edited by Waitlisted; Dec 17, 2020 at 5:05 pm
Old Dec 17, 2020, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Non-stop LAX-FLL is $63 in Main, $170 in F. There is also U availability if you would like to apply a GGU for $174.

I booked PVR-LAX. The discounted base price for F was $122.

James
There's SEA-PHX F fares for $79 with this discount code.
Flying for Fun likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.