Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Friends and Family Promo Code - 30% Off (Valid 12/17-19/2020 for Jan 5-Aug 31, 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Moderator Note: For those who wish to take advantage of this promotion, please consider using Missy's code. Thanks.

dayone, AS Moderator

HOLD UP!!! I just got permission to use the one I built to test all the other offers - so you all need to get on this one too.
Print Wikipost

Friends and Family Promo Code - 30% Off (Valid 12/17-19/2020 for Jan 5-Aug 31, 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2020, 10:04 pm

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
Add couple RT SJC-DCA for me and mrs... we are loaded until June.

How can you resist with $84/OW ???

Thanks Alaska, and everyone here .

Dong-
Ford Fairlane likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 11:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by ccna101
Add couple RT SJC-DCA for me and mrs... we are loaded until June.

How can you resist with $84/OW ???

Thanks Alaska, and everyone here .

Dong-
I share your appreciation! Tonight I found a SEA>SFO>OGG / OGG>OAK>SEA routing for $288 RT (Main cabin). With a 75K instant PC upgrade, even overnighting in the OAK terminal (I can hack it, I can hack it...), not too shabby. Booked a couple of them.
boxo likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 12:34 am

Programs: AS 75K
Wow! Outstanding deal. Thanks everyone!!! I canceled and rebooked 2 flights and booked 13 more through May. Kids with me for some (can't get my wife to leave Maui) for a total of 21 one-ways. I had been meaning to scheudle my flights but hadn't got around to it. Too tired to crunch all the numbers tonight but it looks like I'll be MVPG by end of May.... Should make 75K this year. Need to sleep before looking at my credit card bill .
skyblue and Ford Fairlane like this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 1:34 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
This stupid code was like crack. Between rollover and some nice cheap FC runs, Gold is locked up by March 1st for less than $800. I should have bought more, but who knows what else is coming down the pipes. This was a great way for AS to add cash to the books.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 3:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Convinced my S.O. to book 3 more trips thanks to this promo! Just need to book one more transcon, Alaska, or Hawaii trip sometime in 2021 and we'll both make MVP for the first time.
beckoa, boxo, anteater and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I am content with the two trips I booked. However there is a Sea Hawks game tonight so my fingers are crossed for a 40% discount, so I can rebook the two trips (and possibly book a third).

Since the F&F sale is now over, I would be interested in hearing which workgroup got the highest sales.

-J.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 9:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
I booked three new ones and rebooked two old ones for cheaper price. Might re-up gold for less than $1000
Old Dec 20, 2020, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I am content with the two trips I booked. However there is a Sea Hawks game tonight so my fingers are crossed for a 40% discount, so I can rebook the two trips (and possibly book a third).

Since the F&F sale is now over, I would be interested in hearing which workgroup got the highest sales.

-J.
Seahawks is playing away game @WAS so no discount I think
Single_Flyer likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Seahawks is playing away game @WAS so no discount I think
Ah. Clearly you see how much attention I pay to the team

There's always next time... if there is a next time...

-J.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 10:41 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Giving out all the different codes to different groups was a genius way for AS to gather some data. Definitely some good points for them to help with future marketing efforts.

Also... I just added up my shopping spree - $2808 on 20 tickets, PDX - OGG. Average of $140/ea. That's crazy cheap! Of the 20, 13 are R class and 7 are X (X with the kids since we take up an entire row, exit row is a no-go, won't get any upgrades... and I'm cheap).
GW McLintock likes this.

Last edited by mtofell; Dec 20, 2020 at 11:19 am
Old Dec 20, 2020, 11:13 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
up to 40% off Russell Wilson deal was good but had travel date restriction which limited its use, whereas 30% off friend and family deal had virtually no restriction as long as travel was on AS and completed before Aug 31,2021. Am glad I was able to use this promo..... Thanks Missy. Used QUEENJEAN

Jiburi

My best haul: From SEA $99 main($73 basic) to FLL, and $337 F in August to HNL. (Oneway)

Last edited by jiburi; Dec 20, 2020 at 11:33 am
Old Dec 20, 2020, 11:19 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I think Queen Missy might have cleaned up just from FT alone. I would love to hear how each department stacked up if @missydarlin is able to share some stats without giving away anything confidential. But I think this promo did what it was supposed to which was drive sales.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 1:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Finkface
I think Queen Missy might have cleaned up just from FT alone. I would love to hear how each department stacked up if @missydarlin is able to share some stats without giving away anything confidential. But I think this promo did what it was supposed to which was drive sales.
Unfortunately, it most likely drove a cash influx and reduced wallet fund liability, not profitable sales.

I cancelled a TOUCHDOWN40 and rebooked with the QUEEN PHX-SEA for $114, the $79 F fare timing didn't work for me.

I also cancelled the MEATBALL(s) on PVR-LAX with a change of plans; booked a few others with the QUEEN.

I booked a couple of awards too. PVR-PHX-YVR in AA J for 27.5K. The discount codes didn't work well for a YVR departure.YVR-SEA was 5K miles but YVR-SEA-BNA was only 5K more. I booked that with a SEA stopover until March and booked revenue F SEA-PHX for $100. I also booked BNA-SEA-PHX in F for the return. 3078 miles for $229.

James
Old Dec 20, 2020, 1:40 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Still locked down in Australia with no end in sight. I hope to be back to my American home by October of next year so I can have at least 3 months left to retain my 75K status. What a fantastic code.
boxo likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 8:51 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Thanks Thichbay, I did find some earlier in 2021 FLL RTs that leave PDX 7am, arrive 345 and leave 530ish for$117 each way in F.

I see your point by “Booking First Class will definitely save you time, but it also reduces your mileage run RDM earning (cuz you fly less miles to reach 75k status).” Although I have a huge bucket of miles, over 2m and in fact recently switched my charging to Chase Sapphire Reserve to spread them out more.

Last edited by Waitlisted; Dec 21, 2020 at 8:57 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.