Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Qatar Airways (QR) Partners With AS and Adds SEA-DOH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Airways (QR) Partners With AS and Adds SEA-DOH

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2021, 2:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Saw that as well, I wonder if there’s restrictions because QR often has pretty restrictive promos. Otherwise that’s a nice chunk of change on a J fare
Old Feb 17, 2021, 2:55 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Saw that as well, I wonder if there’s restrictions because QR often has pretty restrictive promos. Otherwise that’s a nice chunk of change on a J fare
Here are most of the Ts and Cs.
TravelingZoomer likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
The last bullet in the restrictions may be quite relevant as the code did nothing to a very attractive fare I located.in Business.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Has anyone had issues showing boarding pass and getting missing AS credit for a QR flight this year? Sometimes the AS Twitter team is great about that. Hope as part of oneworld they don’t push you to a new system of mailing in paper boarding pases the way some carriers do.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Has anyone had issues showing boarding pass and getting missing AS credit for a QR flight this year? Sometimes the AS Twitter team is great about that. Hope as part of oneworld they don’t push you to a new system of mailing in paper boarding pases the way some carriers do.
No snail mail needed. Scan the boarding passes and attach to an email requesting credit. Send it to [email protected]. You will get an automated reply with a reference number. Subsequent emails with the reference number in the subject line will keep all communications together.

James
davistev and SkyTeam777 like this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
No snail mail needed. Scan the boarding passes and attach to an email requesting credit. Send it to [email protected]. You will get an automated reply with a reference number. Subsequent emails with the reference number in the subject line will keep all communications together.

James
Thanks! sometimes, they ask for receipt, too, which is difficult to find. I saved mine this time, but was wondering if they asked you for one.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Thanks! sometimes, they ask for receipt, too, which is difficult to find. I saved mine this time, but was wondering if they asked you for one.
If you have the receipt, send it along to minimize any back & forth time. I have never been asked for one but there are data points that others have.

James
Old Apr 9, 2021, 2:00 pm

Anyone know when QR will show up in the Alaska award chart or for award availability? I know it was mentioned end of March 2021 but that has passed with no updates seen on the Alaska website.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 4:43 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by wanderer99
Anyone know when QR will show up in the Alaska award chart or for award availability? I know it was mentioned end of March 2021 but that has passed with no updates seen on the Alaska website.
wanderer99 Welcome to FlyerTalk. Award redemption on oneworld carriers is scheduled for sometime this summer. I don't expect any changes to the AS reward chart or availability to be published before then.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 4:45 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
The Alaska website says QR redemptions will be available “Fall 2021.”
NWplatinum likes this.
Old May 28, 2021, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is Alaska able to issue boarding passes for Qatar flights on connecting itineraries? Doing PSP-SFO-DOH and hoping to get my DOH boarding pass in PSP so that I can go into the international terminal during my seven hour connection. Anyone had an issue with that if flying an AS-QR mixed itinerary?
Old May 28, 2021, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Is Alaska able to issue boarding passes for Qatar flights on connecting itineraries? Doing PSP-SFO-DOH and hoping to get my DOH boarding pass in PSP so that I can go into the international terminal during my seven hour connection. Anyone had an issue with that if flying an AS-QR mixed itinerary?
My experience is AS issued BPs for downline flights won't be accepted by the airline and they'll want to issue you a new one. Fortunately, a seven hour connection in SFO probably means QR will have time to issue you a BP. Or you can use the QR app and get a BP on your mobile phone. Or use the QR website and print a BP.
Old May 28, 2021, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
My experience is AS issued BPs for downline flights won't be accepted by the airline and they'll want to issue you a new one. Fortunately, a seven hour connection in SFO probably means QR will have time to issue you a BP. Or you can use the QR app and get a BP on your mobile phone. Or use the QR website and print a BP.
what I want is a boarding pass to get into the intl terminal after my connecting flight rather than sitting landside waiting for checkin to open. I wonder if TSA accepts the AS-issued Qatar boarding pass.
Old May 28, 2021, 11:17 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
what I want is a boarding pass to get into the intl terminal after my connecting flight rather than sitting landside waiting for checkin to open. I wonder if TSA accepts the AS-issued Qatar boarding pass.
They will, but should the PSP agent not be able to print it, the other 2 alternative options via QR will both solve that problem.
Old May 28, 2021, 11:24 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
They will, but should the PSP agent not be able to print it, the other 2 alternative options via QR will both solve that problem.
In my experience, international carriers often require passport checks before allowing check-in/boarding pass issuance, so those may not be available, but good to try!
eponymous_coward and NoLaGent like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.