Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New PDX Lounge (2025)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2022, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Not a lot more detail, but it's now confirmed by Alaska:

The all-new Lounge is currently scheduled to open in the 2025-26 timeframe. It's expected to be more than 10,000 square feet – giving our guests a lot more elbow room.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
RemindMe! 2026-01-01 “reply to this thread”
maradori, ItsAnAdam and mtofell like this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by maccoinnich
Not a lot more detail, but it's now confirmed by Alaska:
The 1000sf expansion to the existing C lounge and express lounge in B concourse are interesting.... especially since they'll be done soon. I'm excited for the larger one but wow, is that far out. With all the merger talks and the way things work with airlines, will AS even be around then?
Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mtofell
<snip> I'm excited for the larger one but wow, is that far out. With all the merger talks and the way things work with airlines, will AS even be around then?
Agreed. I swear, I think they can build a skyscraper in NYC faster than you can build a new airport lounge...

Regards
Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by scubadu
Agreed. I swear, I think they can build a skyscraper in NYC faster than you can build a new airport lounge...

Regards
The 1000sf expansion to the existing C lounge and express lounge in B concourse are interesting.... especially since they'll be done soon. I'm excited for the larger one but wow, is that far out. With all the merger talks and the way things work with airlines, will AS even be around then?
The 2025/2026 time has far less to do with how long it takes to construct a new lounge, rather, it's due to the fact that the whole airport is being expanded/renovated and the completion of this project will coincide with the completion of the main terminal renovations.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 7:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
The 2025/2026 time has far less to do with how long it takes to construct a new lounge, rather, it's due to the fact that the whole airport is being expanded/renovated and the completion of this project will coincide with the completion of the main terminal renovations.
Fair point. That said, airport lounges do seem to take a very, very long time to complete anywhere, particularly given that they generally aren't even very large or complex spaces.

Though I'd love to be optimistic, my bet is that no matter when the main terminal renovations are completed, the new AS lounge will still be delivered "late" (i.e. not 2025/2026). SFO AS lounge anyone?

Regards
Old Feb 11, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Well, AS is a Oneworld Alliance Member now (and alphabetically first) who needs to step up their game. If that means moving from a lemonade stand to a pop-up before the storefront is completed, that is probably the best route to go.

James
Old Feb 11, 2022, 4:40 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
Originally Posted by leroix
Too bad they weren't able to come to an agreement to accelerate the new AS lounge opening; though, he hints that they're working with other options to expand the existing space in the interim...
From the location of the new AS space, its goodbye Capers Cafe. l wonder what 's coming for the "Common Use Lounge" on the floorplan ... a replacement PP option?
We loved Capers Cafe. Even though we have a AS lounge membership I am sorry to see Capers go. I hope they relocate.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 4:58 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by ijkh
We loved Capers Cafe. Even though we have a AS lounge membership I am sorry to see Capers go. I hope they relocate.
I talked to the employees there recently and they were pretty confident they'd be getting a new spot. Of course, nothing is concrete yet but they were hoping for the spot where Kenny and Zukes currently sits (just on the other side of the coffee place near Caper's).
Old Feb 14, 2022, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I talked to the employees there recently and they were pretty confident they'd be getting a new spot. Of course, nothing is concrete yet but they were hoping for the spot where Kenny and Zukes currently sits (just on the other side of the coffee place near Caper's).
Kenny and Zukes looked past tense last time I was through there, so that might be realistic.
mtofell likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
The same link recently shared in other threads also has new renderings of the upcoming PDX lounge.

https://news.alaskaair.com/guest-exp...st-experience/
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Small update from the announcement about greater frequencies out of Portland:

We're excited about our future in Portland. We're putting the final touches on the design of our all-new Flagship Lounge at PDX. It's currently scheduled to open in the 2025-26 timeframe with more than 10,000 square feet of space that will provide double the seating of our current Lounge spaces. The atmosphere will be infused with the Pacific Northwest spirit like our award-winning Flagship Lounge at the N Concourse in Seattle. Lounge members and guests will enjoy a barista station with hand-crafted espresso beverages and drip coffee from Stumptown; complimentary beer, wine and house spirits; our signature Loungers to relax in; and a custom fireplace.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:55 am

Programs: Costco Club
Originally Posted by maccoinnich
Small update from the announcement about greater frequencies out of Portland:
interesting that they call it a “Flagship” lounge.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 11:00 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
The staff at the Portland lounge told me Friday it will be above where the Stumptown is currently located, just past TSA.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
interesting that they call it a “Flagship” lounge.
Confusing--especially for Admirals Club members....maybe they will think they have to be traveling internationally to use the "Flagship" lounge and will flood the "express" lounge in B although my guess is that the mini-lounge in B will go away when the new lounge opens...if it's going to be above Stumptown next to TSA, that's going to be a long walk for folks who may be flying out at the end of C. Speaking of Stumptown--the line at that little Starbucks in C concourse is crazy in the morning. They either need a second C location (boot Stumptown) or swap locations with Stumptown which seems to have more space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.