Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

$500 AS Gift Certificate for $449.99 at Costco (And They're Back)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$500 AS Gift Certificate for $449.99 at Costco (And They're Back)

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2021, 7:45 pm

I never could get this deal to work when it first launched. Tried with multiple different cards and every transaction got refused for not matching something that Costco customer service wouldn't tell me what that was. I'd try harder if I had a SUB to hit but arguing with a web site and a customer service hotline for a 10% discount is a bit frustrating.
Old May 25, 2021, 1:02 pm

I’ve been successful multiple times buying $500 visa gift cards from grocery store with amex gold 4x points and then using said gift cards to buy Alaska’s gift cards at Costco.com So all in all 4x on the spend plus 10% off is pretty solid deal in my book!
Old May 25, 2021, 6:27 pm

So i know you need to add the voucher to your wallet, but what if you are booking flights and dont want to use the AS FF# when collecting points etc...? will you be able to change the FF# to a different member airline?
Old May 25, 2021, 10:33 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
My wife has the $500 In her account. Would we be able to use that with my companion ticket?
Old May 25, 2021, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by vanillabean
My wife has the $500 In her account. Would we be able to use that with my companion ticket?
Yes. No difference than paying with credit card.
Old May 26, 2021, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Yes. No difference than paying with credit card.
But the gift cert has already been put in her wallet, so I don't think that'll work.
Old May 26, 2021, 5:56 am

But the gift cert has already been put in her wallet, so I don't think that'll work.
The companion ticket can be used by anyone. Just give her your code.
Old May 26, 2021, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
The companion ticket can be used by anyone. Just give her your code.
Precisely. I entered my companion fare code when making the reservation in my wife’s Alaska account whose wallet stored the $500 gift cert. For travellers, I specified my name first, then hers. The total price for the reservation was $500.03. Alaska applied $498.03 from her wallet with remaining funds being $1.97 and charged $2.00 was to her Alaska card.
pcoll likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
GC is no longer available for purchase on costco.com Costco sent me a $50 off $500 online purchase, went to process the transaction, but no love.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
Just finding the same now. I loved these gift cards. Hope they might return some time, but they don't seem to be available today.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 5:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I think this may have *just* changed.

Before July 1, I was able to use wallet credit to purchase a companion pass ticket. But after, the option is greyed out. I can't see any discernable difference between what did work, and what isn't working now.

Any other post-July 1 data points on this please?
Old Jul 23, 2021, 9:43 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by gary_nj
Just finding the same now. I loved these gift cards. Hope they might return some time, but they don't seem to be available today.
Hadn't realized Costco had dropped the cards. Very disappointed to find this out today.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Hadn't realized Costco had dropped the cards. Very disappointed to find this out today.
It made a quick comeback last month- I should have picked up more... alas.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Over the years, Costco has offered discounted gift cards for numerous airlines (e.g. AA, DL, etc.). They are always offered for a limited period of time, you shouldn't expect they will be available in perpetuity. When they are available, its best to buy what you need/want and not assume/expect they will be there when you next desire.

Regards
Old Oct 1, 2021, 11:14 am

FYI this is back in stock
SanDiego1K, DaveH, beckoa and 9 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.