Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

December/January Schedule Changes Loaded 10/25/20

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

December/January Schedule Changes Loaded 10/25/20

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2020, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ab2013
I suspect that AS will load schedule changes for January (Post NewYears) sometime this weekend, maybe next weekend at the latest. DL loaded a bunch of cuts this past weekend.
I agree....it's that time again.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 9:45 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I agree....it's that time again.
Well I think some were already loaded, since a January 4 flight that I was previously switched onto after the last schedule change then cancelled and so this is the second change on this itinerary.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 10:33 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by SF1K
Well I think some were already loaded, since a January 4 flight that I was previously switched onto after the last schedule change then cancelled and so this is the second change on this itinerary.
You're correct, December thru Jan. 4th was done awhile ago, and I've noticed minor tweaks too. Jan. 5th thru early Feb. hasn't dropped yet, but will within the next week or two.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA1K
I suspect that AS will load schedule changes for January (Post NewYears) sometime this weekend, maybe next weekend at the latest. DL loaded a bunch of cuts this past weekend.
perfect. i'll be able to move IAD-SEA-SNA to DCA-SEA-SNA when the change is loaded.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SF1K
The December schedule extends until January 4th. The monthly schedules generally don't precisely begin and end on the first and last days of the month. The same is true on the other legacies. To take an example route, there are 6 daily flights scheduled on SEA-SFO in the December schedule including up until Jan 4th. For Jan. 5th and beyond, there are still 13 daily flights in the schedule. DL made a somewhat unusual move last weekend when they cut both January and February monthly schedules at the same time. Generally, the legacies have only been making cuts a month at a time. You can see all the DL cuts made over the weekend in this post from yesterday -- https://www.airliners.net/forum/view...?f=3&t=1454233. It's basically just carrying forward most of the December schedule through Jan and Feb (which is also typical of other legacies).
ACBLtd likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Nov 18, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Old Nov 18, 2020, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by haddon90
perfect. i'll be able to move IAD-SEA-SNA to DCA-SEA-SNA when the change is loaded.
Yep....I actually appreciate the monthly schedule changes when it gives you the opportunity to switch to a more preferred routing without additional $$$.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Yep....I actually appreciate the monthly schedule changes when it gives you the opportunity to switch to a more preferred routing without additional $$$.
i wish the DCA-PDX flight was still running. I've never done that flight. i've done DCA-SEA/LAX but never PDX.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 8:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Looks like AS is starting to roll out schedule changes for January/February.
PDXPremier likes this.

Last edited by ab2013; Nov 21, 2020 at 10:20 pm
Old Nov 22, 2020, 2:37 am

Programs: AA PRO, AS 100K
Looks like AS is starting to roll out schedule changes for January/February.
I am seeing schedule changes through EOS, including for a trip in May. The first bank of arrivals and departures in SEA shifted up to an hour later.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 8:30 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Looks like they've published cuts through February 10, but after that have... added flights? SEA-MFR up to 6x daily starting Feb 11. That's more than there were pre-pandemic or on any schedule.

​​​​​​
Old Nov 22, 2020, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Looks like Bay Area / HNL through early February (at least) are toast. My late Jan / early Feb has a "schedule change" that I've not yet called in on, and I'm currently booked on SFO/HNL/SFO, no longer in the schedule. I can't view what AS has done with me. Given what must be a lot of "satisfied callers calling AS today" I'll wait another day or two for my "Due to flight schedule changes, manual assistance is required on this reservation."
BayAreaTrvler likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXpress
Looks like they've published cuts through February 10, but after that have... added flights? SEA-MFR up to 6x daily starting Feb 11. That's more than there were pre-pandemic or on any schedule.

​​​​​​
No, the SEA-MFR flights were not "added" in Feb, they were never removed/altered from the existing pre-Covid schedule. This is just how it works in the post Covid era. Airlines cut their schedules roughly a month at a time about 4-6 weeks prior the start of the month. AA also loaded schedule updates for flights Jan 5th through Feb 10th this weekend with most flights post Feb 10th still being the pre-Covid schedule just like AS. DL did their updates last weekend, but instead of just going through Feb 10th, their updates extended through Mar 1st (Mar 2nd and beyond are pre-Covid -- as an example, there are 3x daily flights loaded on DTW-DCA through Mar 1st, and 7x daily starting on Mar 2nd). You can think of the schedules as a sliding window with everything beyond the window being largely placeholder pre-Covid schedules. The schedules to ultimately be loaded are largely dependent on demand and developments related to Covid.
ACBLtd likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Nov 22, 2020 at 11:23 am
Old Nov 22, 2020, 11:23 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
PDX-ANC looks to be gone until March.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
BOI-PDX-OGG for January 10th changed. No email notification. Instead of an 0730 ish departure we have to leave at 0610 to preserve our FC seats. Later flts thru SEA don't have 2 FC seats available. This is tough for a night owl but not a deal breaker. Now we have to decide whether or not to even make the trip. Covid, covid, covid.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 12:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
The 7am SFO-MCO flight, which operated daily, is gone, at least for all of January. It's been replaced with a Friday departure at 10:45am and a Saturday departure at 1:10pm. Have several itineraries on that route that will involve cancellations or reroutes via SEA or SAN. Going to sit on these and call later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.