Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

December/January Schedule Changes Loaded 10/25/20

December/January Schedule Changes Loaded 10/25/20

Old Oct 28, 2020, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by tphuang
not exactly, they will make additional cuts closer to December. But the cuts won't be as large as this one.
Any idea when schedule changes will be loaded for flts between 1/10 and 2/10? We're flying BOI-PDX-OGG on 1/10 with FC seats via GGUs. Hate to have that flt canceled or changed. Not too worried abt return flt on 2/10.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 10:15 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by philemer
Any idea when schedule changes will be loaded for flts between 1/10 and 2/10? We're flying BOI-PDX-OGG on 1/10 with FC seats via GGUs. Hate to have that flt canceled or changed. Not too worried abt return flt on 2/10.
December to Jan 4th dropped on 10/24, so if they follow the same pattern, maybe right before or after Thanksgiving.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
In my experience, when upgrading with GGUs, if you accept whatever flights the computer auto-rebooks you on, the upgrades remain protected....only if you want to switch to a different flight do you need to begin the begging process
Old Oct 28, 2020, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
In my experience, when upgrading with GGUs, if you accept whatever flights the computer auto-rebooks you on, the upgrades remain protected....only if you want to switch to a different flight do you need to begin the begging process
So, the computer wouldn't switch us to a different flt unless they could accommodate us in F? With only one late morning/afternoon flt from PDX-OGG I suppose they could move us to a flt thru SEA, say BOI-SEA-OGG.
Thanks. I hope that's true.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
So, the computer wouldn't switch us to a different flt unless they could accommodate us in F? With only one late morning/afternoon flt from PDX-OGG I suppose they could move us to a flt thru SEA, say BOI-SEA-OGG.
Thanks. I hope that's true.
It will switch you to a different flight if it needs to but you'll be in F still unless it becomes a Q400 without F which could happen on SEA-BOI.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
It will switch you to a different flight if it needs to but you'll be in F still unless it becomes a Q400 without F which could happen on SEA-BOI.
Not worried abt the short flt from BOI>PDX. Thanks again.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA, AS, TZ, UA, Clipper, EZ-Link, Hop, Navigo, Octopus, Oyster
Took a risk and bought two PDX-HNL tickets for mid-December earlier this month. Paid F on the outbound, Y on the return.
With the schedule change there are no longer PDX-HNL nonstops. Cancelled. Helpful agent said "No problem we can route you through SJC or SAN with an overnight in each city. But there is no First available via Seattle."
The tickets were a mix of Wallet funds and an additional payment on my AS Visa.
When I asked for the Visa portion to be refunded to the card was told "Sorry. You are only eligible for the full ticket purchase price to go into your Wallet."
"But Alaska canceled my flights."
"Sorry. There is nothing we can do."
Grrrrr...
Old Oct 28, 2020, 1:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, exiled from AA (2.7MM)
Originally Posted by dieselbear
The tickets were a mix of Wallet funds and an additional payment on my AS Visa.
When I asked for the Visa portion to be refunded to the card was told "Sorry. You are only eligible for the full ticket purchase price to go into your Wallet."
"But Alaska canceled my flights."
"Sorry. There is nothing we can do."
Grrrrr...
It doesn't sound as if you HUACA, and I'm sorry to hear that. All of my springtime work travel flights got cancelled or rescheduled by over an hour by AS, and some of them had been purchased with a mix of travel funds and new money. AS carefully refunded each ticket to its original form of payment, except one where they refunded it completely to the credit card even though it included both. (I didn't complain.) The ASgent was able to see the original payment form in each case and told me in advance which amounts were being refunded to card or wallet.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
No more direct flights between SFO-WAS
Not even anything arriving before 9 pm that doesn't require an overnight in Seattle
Old Oct 28, 2020, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Seems like AS is cutting back to somewhat close to Mar/April 2020 schedule and loads. Arrgh... If it gets really bad, we will have another week to week cancellation...

Jiburi
Old Oct 29, 2020, 4:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
This is really going to create havoc with what's left of NYC flights from the Bay Area and SoCal. I have refundable air and hotel bookings in December and January and have been reluctant to book much further out due to the possibility of NY putting a quarantine back in place for CA residents. Didn't expect it back so soon. We were taken off the NY list back on September 17. Will sit on my bookings until we get closer to actual travel dates for an update.

Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced that California has been added to New York State's COVID-19 travel advisory. No areas have been removed. The advisory requires individuals who have traveled to New York from areas with significant community spread to quarantine for 14 days. The quarantine applies to any person arriving from an area with a positive test rate higher than 10 per 100,000 residents over a 7-day rolling average or an area with a 10 percent or higher positivity rate over a 7-day rolling average.
https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/gov...y-quarantine-0
Old Oct 30, 2020, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Was booked on EWR-SFO on Jan 2nd. AS didn't even inform me it was cut; just happened to be Googling NYC-SFO flights and noticed AS had no nonstops on that day anymore

What's worse is there are no NYC-SFO nonstops on either Jan 2 or 3, but there are before and after that weekend. That should be a high demand weekend for holiday travel - why would AS cut all the nonstops?
Old Oct 30, 2020, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by mangoMan
Was booked on EWR-SFO on Jan 2nd. AS didn't even inform me it was cut; just happened to be Googling NYC-SFO flights and noticed AS had no nonstops on that day anymore .....................
A rep. told me they won't contact you about a schedule change unless it's w/in 30 days. I feel that is really wrong.

Last edited by philemer; Oct 30, 2020 at 11:00 pm
Old Oct 30, 2020, 9:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
A rep. told me they won't contact you about a schedule change unless it's w/in 3o days. I feel that is really wrong.
I was notified about schedule changes on 2 itineraries, one in early December, the other in late December. Both had flight time changes greater than an hour. One itinerary includes HNL. I didn't accept those changes yet as in the likely event that the HI pre-arrival testing program is rescinded or HI issues a "stay-at-home" order, I can cancel and get a refund.

James
Old Oct 30, 2020, 9:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I was notified about schedule changes on 2 itineraries, one in early December, the other in late December. Both had flight time changes greater than an hour. One itinerary includes HNL. I didn't accept those changes yet as in the likely event that the HI pre-arrival testing program is rescinded or HI issues a "stay-at-home" order, I can cancel and get a refund.

James
By email? I had 5 changes in December and didn’t get any notification, and never do. I learn about schedule changes here and then have to check the app.
philemer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.