Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

December/January Schedule Changes Loaded 10/25/20

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

December/January Schedule Changes Loaded 10/25/20

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2021, 7:15 pm

Programs: AS 75K
I've got 13 flights PDX > OGG or OGG > PDX between now and May and in the last 24 hours two have been changed. One PDX > OGG was an evening depature and was canceled with me being placed on an AM flight. The other was OGG > PDX and the time was changed by an hour. I'm pretty flexible so the changes are fine but figured I'd share to let others know that there are some changes happening.

Obviously, travel to/from Hawaii is a very fluid situation these days. It looks like AS is tightening up some things and trying to fill planes. The one I got moved to in mid-Feburary is about 90% full according to the seatmap.
jujea likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 7:37 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, Marriott, Hilton, Enterprise, Best Western
This is happening everywhere. I have had four flights canceled in January already. I was able to rebook at the same price the day before or day after. I completely understand why AS is doing this and have adjusted. I have 23 CC mileage runs booked before mid-March... I'm expecting that some of my Feb flights will be canceled. Great time to fly, though -- cheap, open seats in premium and / or easy upgrades to FC.
mtofell and AndyKehn like this.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by TEDisgone
I learned last year to not rely on TripIt (not renewing my subscription), ExpertFlyer (also not renewing), or the airline itself to let me know of cancellations - the only way I can reliably keep track of my flights is by tracking them in Google Flights and reviewing them at least once per day! The moment I see the price gone in an itinerary and replaced by a grey "!" I know something has gone wrong. ... the system didn't automatically update my trips in the app or online and instead gave the error message about needing to call in. ...
sorry, imo this is WAY too obsessive, particularly since it takes AS a couple days to fully percolate all the changes into all the records for all the affected passengers ... as has been mentioned more than a few times in more than a few threads, the major schedule updates typically occur on Saturdays
Chugach likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.