Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Take off with your pod: 30% discount code

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2020, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever

Anyone else get one of these? Seems nearly identical to the Seahawks discount codes in terms of blackout dates and valid travel days. Mine showed up this morning and is valid for tickets purchased prior to EOD Friday.

I was thinking that AS has access to my search and purchase history and can see that I generally have bought on when there was a BOGO or one of the Seahawks codes in effect, but that I buy several tickets for 5 pax during that time, so maybe I would buy more with one of these (and yes I will, thank you!)
Old Oct 15, 2020, 4:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Mine was only for 20% off. Completely useless to me, especially with 30% and 40% off promos every week. Like the Seahawks promo, this also excludes Friday and Sunday travel. Perhaps someone who isn't PNW based and hasn't been able to use the Seahawks promos will get it and be able to use it.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I got a rock.

Old Oct 15, 2020, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Mine was only for 20% off. Completely useless to me, especially with 30% and 40% off promos every week. Like the Seahawks promo, this also excludes Friday and Sunday travel. Perhaps someone who isn't PNW based and hasn't been able to use the Seahawks promos will get it and be able to use it.
I agree....and we're probably due for another BOGO promo any day now....
Old Oct 16, 2020, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
They seem to be trying to protect post Dec 16 travel w recent codes/promos like there is gonna be a miracle by then. They are also pricing T-14 really high. So at this point they are only discounting Nov and first 2 weeks of Dec. I’m not buying anything in Jan/Feb without some kind of discount, so they ought to start thinking about that.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 11:31 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by stephem
They seem to be trying to protect post Dec 16 travel w recent codes/promos like there is gonna be a miracle by then. They are also pricing T-14 really high. So at this point they are only discounting Nov and first 2 weeks of Dec. I’m not buying anything in Jan/Feb without some kind of discount, so they ought to start thinking about that.
They must think they can fill planes at full price with holiday travelers. I believe the first Seahawks promo went into Feb (I booked 40% off January travel at the time) but then they tightened up the window.
Sea Trips likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 4:19 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
They must think they can fill planes at full price with holiday travelers. I believe the first Seahawks promo went into Feb (I booked 40% off January travel at the time) but then they tightened up the window.
I've also found rental car prices for my Thanksgiving trip have skyrocketed in the past week or so, the industry must know something I don't. Luckily I secured a really good deal when rates were at their lowest
Old Oct 17, 2020, 8:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
I've also found rental car prices for my Thanksgiving trip have skyrocketed in the past week or so, the industry must know something I don't.
Every rental car company has dumped at least half its fleet. Popular destinations regularly sell out on busy weeks/weekends.
NoLaGent and eponymous_coward like this.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Kacee
Every rental car company has dumped at least half its fleet. Popular destinations regularly sell out on busy weeks/weekends.
Exactly, and combined with local urban renters taking driving vacations, demand exceeds supply often.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Kacee
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Exactly, and combined with local urban renters taking driving vacations, demand exceeds supply often.
Yeah, my corporate AVIS code is providing a good floor for me, but a lot of one way rentals are now "no mileage" (since rental car fleets don't want the cars wandering too far away). Instead of doing drives around the US Southwest, I'll have to fly PHX-LAS and LAS-PHX on two separate trips because a Phoenix-Vegas/Vegas-Phoenix one way trip is more expensive than a $49 WN ticket and dropping the car/re-renting in the other city.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 9:31 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Mine was also only 20%

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.