Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Seahawks and Mariners Discount Codes (2020) – Save Up to 40%

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seahawks and Mariners Discount Codes (2020) – Save Up to 40%

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2020, 9:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by stephem
Something is not working right with this code. It should work as a 40% off code for Tuesday Nov 24 SEA-BZN. But without the code the fare is $123.10 and with the code it only drops to $111.80. Sure does seem like it is only yielding 10% off that day. I think they have coded the discount code for 10% that week (as per the Mariners one) but left those dates (November 21, 24-25) out of the terms for the RUS40 code.
There might be a discrepancy between the terms advertised and the terms coded into the offer.

Russell Wilson Save 40%

About discount codes

Discount code terms

code:
RUSS40
Discount: Discount code is valid for 40% off coach base fare levels published at alaskaair.com. Fare basis code information can be found in the section entitled "View Fare and Baggage Rule" on the Itinerary and Price Summary page. Fare types that are ineligible for this discount may be lower than other fares with discount code applied. One discount allowed per reservation. Discount not valid on all fares, including but not limited to Mileage Plan Award Reservations, Alaska Airlines Vacation packages, tour or contract fares, and many privately filed fares. Any Discount Code value remaining after purchase is forfeited.

Reservations & Ticketing: Valid for new ticket purchases only at alaskaair.com. Discount Code cannot be applied to tickets that have already been purchased and issued. Discount Code is relinquished at time of ticketing and void for future purchases. Credit card required for purchase.

Advance Purchase: Per applicable fare rules.

Purchase By: September 21, 2020

Travel Valid From: September 28, 2020.

Travel Complete: February 10, 2021.

Blackout Dates: Nov 20-30, Dec 18, 2020 - Jan 4, 2021. Travel on these dates will receive a 10% discount.

Passengers: Up to 6 passengers traveling together on the same reservation.

Routes:Discount valid from Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Montana or Washington to all Alaska Airlines cities. Discount is not valid to Prudhoe Bay (SCC), or for travel solely within the state of Alaska. Based on published fare routings and some cities may not be available. Not all flights operate on all days.
Travel to Hawaii, Mexico, or Costa Rica is valid Sundays through Wednesdays.
Travel from Hawaii, Mexico, or Costa Rica is valid Tuesdays through Fridays.
All other travel is valid Mondays through Thursdays and Saturdays.

Minimum & Maximum Stay: Per applicable fare rules.

Flights: Valid only on flights operated by Alaska Airlines, and flights operated on behalf of Alaska Airlines by Horizon Air, and Skywest. Not valid on codeshare flights.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 11:00 am

Has anyone tried to online-cancel the mariners code booking to get the russ40 booking? I'll call but seems like a booking made with mariner code can't be cancelled online? Should be under the covid waiver so not sure why not
Old Sep 21, 2020, 11:35 am

Programs: AS
Looked at some flights I was considering. Noticed that discount only available for connecting flights, not direct flight. the connecting flights were higher to begin with.Going with the direct flight, without discount, is still lower. Looks really hit or miss for discount.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 11:49 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by pcoll
Looked at some flights I was considering. Noticed that discount only available for connecting flights, not direct flight. the connecting flights were higher to begin with.Going with the direct flight, without discount, is still lower. Looks really hit or miss for discount.
I guess since it is technically for "Seahawks fans", the stipulation that the discount is valid to/from Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Montana or Washington makes sense. It's similar to the restrictions on the Giants BOGO promo.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 12:17 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by ab2013
There might be a discrepancy between the terms advertised and the terms coded into the offer.
uh, that was my point...
Old Sep 21, 2020, 1:54 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
Has anyone tried to online-cancel the mariners code booking to get the russ40 booking? I'll call but seems like a booking made with mariner code can't be cancelled online? Should be under the covid waiver so not sure why not
I canceled two trips online, credited both to Wallet and then rebooked.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 2:18 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by pcoll
Not true. Deal is not valid for FRI or SUN. The direct flight you see only has a departure on one day being Friday or Sunday. Connecting Itinerary you see likely involve another flights operating on the next day.

Jiburi
Old Sep 21, 2020, 3:22 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Ugh. I just booked a handful of Florida -> Portland flights to push me over into 75K for next year (and maybe longer if AS keeps rolling status over). For $176 roundtrip, its worth spending a day in the air working *if GoGo works
Old Sep 21, 2020, 5:39 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Sigh... missed the "correct" blackout dates. Ended up paying a bit more than my original itinerary.
At least I saved $132 on the outbound.

Last edited by buschoi; Sep 21, 2020 at 6:30 pm
Old Sep 21, 2020, 7:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Wow thanks for the heads up....This makes connection via SEA cheaper than the SAN NS's I take.

SEA based folks, is it easier to get upgraded ex:SEA on morning flight or redeye?
Old Sep 22, 2020, 1:29 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
I took advantage of RUSS40 to book a one-way HNL-SEA flight in November for my wife and myself, but I had a few questions regarding the reservation. First, I wanted to book seats in F, but the promotion only applies to coach, so instead I booked Y fare seats. My wife and I are MVP, so the hope is we'll be upgraded to F if U availability opens up at some point. But I was just on ExpertFlyer sampling SEA-HNL and HNL-SEA direct flights until the end of the year and didn't find a single U availability. Does anyone know if this means we'll have zero chance of being upgraded to F? Or does lack of U have something to do with reduced capacity requirements in F and it'll become available closer to departure if it becomes apparent that reduced capacity can be satisfied? Note that although we weren't upgraded to F, after I received the initial reservation confirmation email, I then received an email about 2 minutes later indicating that we had been auto-upgraded to PC. Oddly (or at least odd to me), the system auto-assigned us seats 6C and 6D, even though both 6A and 6F were available. I switched us to 6A and 6C, but then I started wondering why the system assigned us like that. Is it supposed to be "better" from a covid perspective for a couple to be seated across the aisle from each other rather than having aisle/window with middle blocked?

The other question I had involves refundability should I choose to cancel the flight. As mentioned, I purchased refundable coach tickets (Y fare). However, to pay for the tickets, I used 3 $250 certificates (code + pin) and put the rest on a credit card. The certificates all expire at the beginning of January. If I do eventually cancel the flight, how exactly will I be refunded? I assume the portion that I charged to my credit card will be refunded back to the same card. However, what about the certificates? Will Alaska issue me 3 new ones with the same amounts and same expiration dates?
Old Sep 22, 2020, 6:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Caution: this code is only for legitimate Mariners fans. Gate agents will be pulling passengers aside and administering on-site screening in the form of obscure 1980s Mariners trivia. Posers and bandwagoners will be put on the no-fly list.
PDXpress and Sea Trips like this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pinniped
Caution: this code is only for legitimate Mariners fans. Gate agents will be pulling passengers aside and administering on-site screening in the form of obscure 1980s Mariners trivia. Posers and bandwagoners will be put on the no-fly list.
What would Jim Lefebvre do?

I'm not sure what the $33 MFR-LAX flights I booked with the Russell Wilson promo had to do with the Seahawks, but I'm happy. Thanks, Russ!
Old Sep 22, 2020, 9:18 am

Good promo. Alaska got 2k of my money for enough MR to get to mvp 75k and about 150k rdm.
UAPremierExec and buschoi like this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 2:51 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Good deal! Only booked a single one way flight but saved a little ($31) on it. Wish it would have been good on Sundays, I would have booked several more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.