Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SDC Question

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by ftv
I'm a 75K and did a doemstic SDC. I was told I was being charged $8, but on my credit card statement, they charged me $10. No co-terminals permitted (LAX/BUR/SNA/ONT)
You should write into Customer Care and include a copy of the charge as this was incorrect.
ftv likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by halamadrid
Another SDC question for those with more expertise in this area:

Award travel (mixed itinerary) booked in "Partner Business" with short segment in AS economy and long segment in AA business. Would a SDC (75K) to a direct flight (if the agent can or is willing to do it) be in economy or first (if space is available of course)? Thanks.
I hope this was already addressed, but some of the responses were confusing/incorrect.
If you have an award ticket with a partner your Alaska segment is not eligible for SDC.
Old May 9, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ftv
I'm a 75K and did a doemstic SDC. I was told I was being charged $8, but on my credit card statement, they charged me $10. No co-terminals permitted (LAX/BUR/SNA/ONT)
The charge should be $8.80 in additional airport taxes if you added a stop on your routing. $10 sounds incorrect - you could follow up with AS customer care to get the $1 refunded, but tbh I'm guessing it's not worth your time.
Old May 10, 2022, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
The charge should be $8.80 in additional airport taxes if you added a stop on your routing. $10 sounds incorrect - you could follow up with AS customer care to get the $1 refunded, but tbh I'm guessing it's not worth your time.
Wouldn't it be $5.60? And only if the layover was over a certain length of time?

But yeah, almost certainly not worth the time to call. I might pull up the receipt from "past trips" just out of curiosity.
Old May 10, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Wouldn't it be $5.60? And only if the layover was over a certain length of time?

But yeah, almost certainly not worth the time to call. I might pull up the receipt from "past trips" just out of curiosity.
US Passenger Facility Charge (XF) increases by $4.40, and United States Flight Segment Tax Domestic (ZP) increases by $4.40

United States Passenger Civil Aviation Security Service Fee (AY) is $5.60 regardless of number of stops.
Old May 20, 2022, 10:20 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Can I SDC more than once for the same segment? For example, I am booked at 06:30, I want 19:30 but it is full, so I SDC to 16:30. If space opens at 19:30 can I SDC again (online or otherwise)?
Old May 20, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by spgaston
Can I SDC more than once for the same segment? For example, I am booked at 06:30, I want 19:30 but it is full, so I SDC to 16:30. If space opens at 19:30 can I SDC again (online or otherwise)?
Yes.
Old May 20, 2022, 2:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by spgaston
If you are MVPG+, you can also fly standby providing it is a actual Same day change. I recently did a change to a flight that was standby, no seats available to confirm a Same day change. I showed up on the awaiting seats list and was upgraded at the gate. I remained in the awaiting seats list but the upgraded seat assignment showed there.

Flying Standby
Old May 20, 2022, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you stand by for a later flight and don't clear, what happens?
Old May 20, 2022, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
If you stand by for a later flight and don't clear, what happens?
Hope there is a later flight. Not sure it makes sense to do it for the last flight of the day, unless you are hoping not to fly and looking for a flight the next day. Status will put you higher on the awaiting seats list. Remember that standy is only permitted for Elites MVPG+ anyway so you do have a better chance of clearing. I did a standby to an earlier flight as my inbound was early. Originally it wouldn't meet MCT. I requested the standby at the gate. Some had already cleared. I popped up to the next position and got my boarding pass about 10 minutes later; some below me weren't accommodated.

James
Old May 20, 2022, 10:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Hope there is a later flight. Not sure it makes sense to do it for the last flight of the day, unless you are hoping not to fly and looking for a flight the next day. Status will put you higher on the awaiting seats list. Remember that standy is only permitted for Elites MVPG+ anyway so you do have a better chance of clearing. I did a standby to an earlier flight as my inbound was early. Originally it wouldn't meet MCT. I requested the standby at the gate. Some had already cleared. I popped up to the next position and got my boarding pass about 10 minutes later; some below me weren't accommodated.

James
If no checked luggage, this can be a nice feature especially from the East Coast where some flights are heavily padded. Be prepared for a middle seat though.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 1:37 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Does anyone know if I can do SDC with overnight connection?
I have a ticket like this:
LAX-LAS Monday night
LAS-SFO Tuesday morning
The connection time is less than 24hrs, so can I SDC to Monday Morning LAX-SFO NONSTOP?
Old May 21, 2022, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by 985X
Does anyone know if I can do SDC with overnight connection?
I have a ticket like this:
LAX-LAS Monday night
LAS-SFO Tuesday morning
The connection time is less than 24hrs, so can I SDC to Monday Morning LAX-SFO NONSTOP?
No! You can same day change to a different LAX-LAS on Monday and/or a different LAS-SFO on Tuesday. A red-eye flight departing between midnight & 4:00 am can be changed to a flight the prior day. All other scenarios are a "change" and subject to a fare difference, even if on the same day.

A same day change does not permit changing a connection into a non-stop nor a non-stop into a connection. You must have the same origin & destination.

You are certainly free to call AS and ask to "change" or you can change it yoursel online. Some have repoted the fare differnce on a "change" has been waived and incorrectly think it was a same day change.

There are also SDC fees that vary between CA markets, shuttle markets and the remainder. Those fees are waived for MVPG+ members.

James
Old May 21, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
No! You can same day change to a different LAX-LAS on Monday and/or a different LAS-SFO on Tuesday. A red-eye flight departing between midnight & 4:00 am can be changed to a flight the prior day. All other scenarios are a "change" and subject to a fare difference, even if on the same day.

A same day change does not permit changing a connection into a non-stop nor a non-stop into a connection. You must have the same origin & destination.

You are certainly free to call AS and ask to "change" or you can change it yoursel online. Some have repoted the fare differnce on a "change" has been waived and incorrectly think it was a same day change.

There are also SDC fees that vary between CA markets, shuttle markets and the remainder. Those fees are waived for MVPG+ members.

James

I know the official rules, I'm just wondering if anyone successfully changed the overnight connection into the same day without paying fare difference (praying for Boise agents). Also I'm travelling on award ticket, T class rn, so I'm not sure how will they calculate the fare difference for award flights at T-24..
Old May 21, 2022, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by 985X
I know the official rules, I'm just wondering if anyone successfully changed the overnight connection into the same day without paying fare difference (praying for Boise agents). Also I'm travelling on award ticket, T class rn, so I'm not sure how will they calculate the fare difference for award flights at T-24..
It would be the equivalent of cancelling your existing award and purchasing a new award at the rate in effect at the time of change. The difference in miles will be an add/collect or a refund of miles as appropriate. You can do that online too.

James
eponymous_coward likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.