Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Turn Your Wallet Credits into Mileage Plan™ Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turn Your Wallet Credits into Mileage Plan™ Miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2020, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by buzglyd
Sitting on $900 in wallet funds and have a little more than 300k in mileage balance.

I haven’t gotten the offer. I have a couple of flights booked which will get me to Gold so converting the cash to miles would make sense but still no offer.
Originally Posted by SFO777
No offer needed. Just log in
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Mine was by e-mail.
I received no email so far, but I saw the link on DoC and was able to log in and see that I am eligible.

I just received wallet credit of about $700 for a cancellation earlier this week. On the one hand, it is tempting to buy miles for 1c. On the other hand, I already have around 600,000 AS miles between my wife and myself to use up, and four companion passes to use. So I think I will pass.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 6:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
The email included the language " Qualifying members who receive this offer directly from Alaska Airlines via email", but it is now being advertised on the AS webpage.
Sure, make me feel even LESS special, lol.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 9:11 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I learned of the first round around the last day (~Aug. 26) and read somewhere that only people who had agreed to receive email offers had gotten it. So I logged in and changed my NO to YES on email offers, then hoped prayed for another round, which happened today. I was stuck with a $188 wallet which I had been keeping alive since 2017 by buying, extending, and cancelling non-penatly tickets. So I happily converted the whole thing because I live in Charleston SC & rarely go to Seattle! So now I have 13K + 19K = 32K miles toward the 35K needed for a round-trip to the Caribbean on AA!
OnlyTheoretical likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 10:15 pm

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I received no email so far, but I saw the link on DoC and was able to log in and see that I am eligible.

I just received wallet credit of about $700 for a cancellation earlier this week. On the one hand, it is tempting to buy miles for 1c. On the other hand, I already have around 600,000 AS miles between my wife and myself to use up, and four companion passes to use. So I think I will pass.
That’s what I’m thinking. If I cancelled all my currently booked flights, my wallet would inflate to about $3000. Do I need 300k miles to add to my current 300k miles? I’ll likely pass. I think money is better than promises right now.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 6:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
I got the offer in email yesterday, convert $311 to 31,100 miles. I'll pass and keep the cash credit.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 8:17 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I'm sitting on $1,100 in wallet credit that expires next July and it's still not clear if the conferences I'd normally attend will even happen in person in the first half of next year, let alone for the remainder of 2021. Several have already been canceled. So by that measure, being able to lock in an additional 110,000 miles or so isn't a bad idea, especially since my BofA AS VISA would keep them alive indefinitely.

On the flip side, I already have 436,000 miles banked (and my spouse has another 375,000). I also have four unused companion certs that will require spending something in cash or wallet credits to use. So having the wallet dollars available is good.

I may wind up splitting the difference, since this conversion isn't all or nothing. As the T&Cs say at the bottom of the email, the member "can exchange Alaska wallet funds in increments of 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100% of their current wallet balance for Mileage Plan™ bonus miles at an exchange rate of 100 miles per $1."
Old Oct 10, 2020, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by buzglyd
That’s what I’m thinking. If I cancelled all my currently booked flights, my wallet would inflate to about $3000. Do I need 300k miles to add to my current 300k miles? I’ll likely pass. I think money is better than promises right now.
But the wallet credit is also promises, promises with an expiration date.
I took the 30K + in an instant. I probably would have used it before expiration, but I am sure that I can keep my miles alive until I use them.
On the other side, I was seriously considering buying miles with a 70% bonus. I'm now strongly leaning against it.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 9:55 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
took the bait

Well, not sure that it was the right move, but just converted my $500 into 50k miles. Hopefully will be able to use before a devaluation happens.
OnlyTheoretical likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 10:21 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Got about $350 in wallet as of today with over 400K miles in bank. Typical midcon round trip for me is about 1700 miles each way for about $140 each way.

As 75K I would get about 7650 miles for the flights and about 3400 towards EQM and MM status. If you consider that those EQM work towards my 50K annual bonus for 75K that one round trip is worth about an additional 2300 miles.

As a 75K with abundant miles banked it’s not added value. Furthermore spouse and kid have an additional 400K miles in their accounts.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
How can I tell when My Wallet funds expire? I have over $3K most of which is work related and would rather spend those funds and garner EQM. I have about $900 in personal that I am probably going to convert though.

TIA
Old Oct 11, 2020, 12:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by NWAlaskaFlyer
How can I tell when My Wallet funds expire? I have over $3K most of which is work related and would rather spend those funds and garner EQM. I have about $900 in personal that I am probably going to convert though.

TIA
If logged in online, click on where it says Hi, (your name) at the upper right. Click on "Overview and elite status" in the dropdown. On the left side of the page, find where it says "Wallet" and just below that, click on "Expiration Dates".
Xrayman likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 1:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
If logged in online, click on where it says Hi, (your name) at the upper right. Click on "Overview and elite status" in the dropdown. On the left side of the page, find where it says "Wallet" and just below that, click on "Expiration Dates".
Awesome, thank you!
Old Oct 11, 2020, 1:59 pm

This is tough: 1c/mi is a great price, especially since I typically use miles toward long-haul business class with partners. But like many of you, I have 200k+mi in my account. This ~20000mi offer is very tempting, but $200 would be a nice down payment on a flight to the east coast next year... Decisions decisions: I wish I had more than ~3 days in order to mull this over--hopefully they'll offer again if I pass!
Old Oct 11, 2020, 5:34 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Are wallet funds expiration dates the date you must fly by
or ticket by?
Old Oct 11, 2020, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by boycruz
Are wallet funds expiration dates the date you must fly by
or ticket by?
Ticket

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.