Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

September/October Schedule Changes Loading 8/15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

September/October Schedule Changes Loading 8/15

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2020, 10:16 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
It does seem strange, it could also be a placeholder schedule for reinstatement in the next round of additions? If enough people like you and scubadu keep buying tickets between the 2 city pairs, maybe it'll stick? I don't trust anything actually operating within a week of trip date these days, but I haven't been on a plane since this all started back in March...
Old Sep 6, 2020, 12:33 pm

Programs: United Plat
Anybody can guess when the confirmed November schedule is released? I am thinking about booking SFO-LAX. On 11/19, there are 6 non-stop flights. On 11/20, there are 14 flights. In September, there are only 5 and no flight after 6pm. I know it is hard to predict during pandemic. Just trying to book a flight with less chance to be cancelled.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
AS just schwacked my 24 Oct IAD-SEA — had a choice of 0800 and 1705 when I booked a couple weeks ago, now it’s a single 1040 flight — so I’m gonna have to depart from BWI or < gasp! > take UA at 1755 (AS at 1730 from DCA and DL at 1740 from IAD have also disappeared)

Last edited by jrl767; Sep 6, 2020 at 6:03 pm
Old Sep 6, 2020, 5:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold / Marriott Bonvoy(age) Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum, WN A+/CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sfo3388
Anybody can guess when the confirmed November schedule is released? I am thinking about booking SFO-LAX. On 11/19, there are 6 non-stop flights. On 11/20, there are 14 flights. In September, there are only 5 and no flight after 6pm. I know it is hard to predict during pandemic. Just trying to book a flight with less chance to be cancelled.
Unfortunately - things are dynamic right up to a couple of weeks before the flight you want to take.....i see a reduction in the SFO LAX flying in terms of mainline....but depends on how thanksgiving travel is shaping up.....i think you are gonna see firm direction in early october for thanksgiving.

the social end of this pandemic will be by christmas however......i think there will be a ton of people travelling for christmas due to the "fantastic 2020" we had.....i already see a ton of normalization of this crisis.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 6:33 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
We had an October trip DEN-SEA-HNL and back booked many months ago, upgraded at booking with GGUs. Hawaii is too uncertain with endless "reopening" delays, so we changed to DEN-SEA-PVR and back in November. Lost the upgrades (what is U space?) but had window/aisle seats. Then another schedule change post-social distancing and we now have middle/aisle. So I've gone First Class->Window with Empty Middle->Middle. Not a good trend!
Old Sep 8, 2020, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kurt
We had an October trip DEN-SEA-HNL and back booked many months ago, upgraded at booking with GGUs. Hawaii is too uncertain with endless "reopening" delays, so we changed to DEN-SEA-PVR and back in November. Lost the upgrades (what is U space?) but had window/aisle seats. Then another schedule change post-social distancing and we now have middle/aisle. So I've gone First Class->Window with Empty Middle->Middle. Not a good trend!
Odd...are there really zero non-middle seats left? As a 75K, don't you get Premium Class seating at booking? By-the-way, I think you made a good choice by switching to PVR....one of my favorite places to take the family and a LOT cheaper.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Anyone know of any 737-700 one offs being operated this month or October within the continental US?
Old Sep 8, 2020, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

There doesn't seem to have been any Saturday evening schedule changes since 8/15 and that sweep went into at least the first half of November so my guess is that we'll see the next major schedule change sweep (which will likely include Thanksgiving/Christmas) either next Saturday or the Saturday after that.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 12:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
There are two of us and we like to sit together. Aisles across is a possibility, but that's not our preference.

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Odd...are there really zero non-middle seats left? As a 75K, don't you get Premium Class seating at booking? By-the-way, I think you made a good choice by switching to PVR....one of my favorite places to take the family and a LOT cheaper.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Since it's been over a month now since the last major schedule change, my guess is that tonight is the night....it may not include all of December, but at least through the Thanksgiving holiday.
lensovet likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 8:53 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Since it's been over a month now since the last major schedule change, my guess is that tonight is the night....it may not include all of December, but at least through the Thanksgiving holiday.
9/8: Booked PDX-OGG nonstop in F for late October.
~9/20: PDX-OGG nonstop for late October cxled. Best alternative (in F) gets in about nine hours later than original flight and travel time (via SEA) is about double. Will probably end up flying AA via PHX and get in a few hours earlier than AS's best. Scratching my head a bit on this one. Phone agent suggested problem was slot availability in OGG. No idea whether that's credible.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oops wrong forum (was thinking I was in UA for some reason). Looks like October cuts (and some additional in September) were done around mid-August -- https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1450555 . So they do indeed seem to be past due for November cuts. AA/DL/UA seem to make their cuts closer to the start of the month (sometimes only 2-3 weeks out).

Last edited by xliioper; Sep 25, 2020 at 10:23 am
Old Sep 25, 2020, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xliioper
Oops wrong forum (was thinking I was in UA for some reason). Looks like October cuts (and some additional in September) were done around mid-August -- https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1450555 . So they do indeed seem to be past due for November cuts. AA/DL/UA seem to make their cuts closer to the start of the month (sometimes only 2-3 weeks out).
Yeah, my flights around Thanksgiving and Christmas haven't been touched by schedule changes yet and I fully expect them to be....probably this Saturday night or the next at the lastest.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm pleasantly surprised, but I think September was the first month in quite awhile where AS didn't roll through a major schedule change on a Saturday night....I guess that means we're *slowly* moving back to some semblance of normalcy.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 9:01 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Check your flights again folks. I had a Vegas flight change out of blue. Disappeared right off the schedule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.