No talking, no snacking, no sipping?
You can talk through the mask
Old Aug 5, 2020, 2:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Palal
You can talk through the mask
Also pays to read the policy:

"Your mask or face covering must cover your nose and mouth and should only be removed when briefly eating or drinking."
writerguyfl, pcoll and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 3:23 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Often1
Also pays to read the policy:

"Your mask or face covering must cover your nose and mouth and should only be removed when briefly eating or drinking."
So what happens if you eat and drink the whole flight?
Old Aug 5, 2020, 3:39 pm

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
Originally Posted by Tribeca725
age 2 or older? I’ve yet to meet the two year old who will keep a mask on for more than five minutes. That is a lower threshold than others right which are at least three or older? BA is like 11 or r]older I think. That’s a little high but two is way too low.
Yeah I am not sure how this is going to work with our 2yo.....Obviously do our best to comply. Anyone have any tips?
Old Aug 5, 2020, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
So what happens if you eat and drink the whole flight?
Reading the policy literally, you can only eat brieflys, and I can't imagine that they are that palatable, although I've never tried them from that "special store."
Old Aug 5, 2020, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by DG206
Yeah I am not sure how this is going to work with our 2yo.....Obviously do our best to comply. Anyone have any tips?
Practice before the flight, with positive reinforcement for extended periods of success?
Old Aug 5, 2020, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Tribeca725
age 2 or older? I’ve yet to meet the two year old who will keep a mask on for more than five minutes. That is a lower threshold than others right which are at least three or older? BA is like 11 or r]older I think. That’s a little high but two is way too low.
And I have a yet to meet a 2 year old who will stay in a carseat if you don't buckle them in.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 4:16 pm

Lots of online resources if you google it.
https://www.cff.org/CF-Community-Blo...o-Wear-a-Mask/
This is one that is unrelated to the pandemic, from a few years ago.
Obviously you have to tailor it to the kid.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 4:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There are a lot of 2 YOA who act better than some of the adults who have caused aircraft to return to the gate lately.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 5:04 pm

Programs: Many
I really believe this is best way to get everyone on the same page. Here’s our policy, don’t say we didn’t tell you
Old Aug 5, 2020, 7:31 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
I have some transcon coming up and I plan to put on a face shield while I'm eating/drinking....looking now for one that will allow a straw and fingers holding a bit of sandwich/cookie/fruit. That way no one will get any germs from me, I hope, (not that I have any or I wouldn't be travelling for sure) and maybe I can avoid getting any from anyone else who's unmasked while eating or drinking. As a senior who needs to be careful, all of you who are so conscientiously wearing your masks, thank you most sincerely.
Misco60 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 8:34 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador

Learn it
Know it
Live it
Paella747 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 10:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
I think most get used to it with practice, like wearing any other piece of clothing eventually. Our city mask bylaw here in Calgary is 2+ and I’ve seen plenty of very young kids wearing masks with no issues.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 11:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Good on Alaska Airlines. Too many people are abusing the medical exemptions simply to avoid wearing a mask, and this policy makes the rule absolutely clear.

I would like to see all airlines (and rail companies and shops...) adopt a similar "no exceptions" policy.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know plenty of adults, myself included, who had trouble wearing a mask at the outset, but over time you get used to it. Now when I come home sometimes I don't even realize I'm still wearing it. In the beginning I would take it off before the door closed. I've seen plenty of young children wearing masks without a care these days.
writerguyfl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.