Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Lounge with Priority Pass on 08/10

Old Jul 29, 20, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

Does anyone know if Alaska lounge reopening (August 1st) includes priority pass admission?

I am LAX-SJD 08/10 and was hoping to stop by before the flight at T6. I know this particularly location always has that sign up, but hoping because of low occupancy I might get in.
Old Jul 29, 20, 8:16 am

Programs: AS and if I can't avoid it, UA. IHG Spire, CET 7*
They've not released a statement on PP with the reopening, but I'm not sure where you're getting the idea of low occupancy from. The lounge will reopen with 50% less capacity and using SEA as an example, there has been a waitlist for pax to get in. If the same holds true @ LAX, I would be extremely doubtful PP will be admitted if they can't accommodate their own members or F class pax.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jul 29, 20, 9:10 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by NoLaGent View Post
They've not released a statement on PP with the reopening, but I'm not sure where you're getting the idea of low occupancy from. The lounge will reopen with 50% less capacity and using SEA as an example, there has been a waitlist for pax to get in. If the same holds true @ LAX, I would be extremely doubtful PP will be admitted if they can't accommodate their own members or F class pax.
I imagine this will probably be the end of PP, or at least won't be accepted until they can get capacity back to 100% in the lounges. I wonder if they'll still be selling day passes for entry (including the $25 AS Visa ones) when things reopen?
Old Jul 29, 20, 9:59 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 75k, Bonvoy Titanium
I am more curious if they start waitlisting comp F admission, while allowing paid members to go in.
Old Jul 29, 20, 11:07 am

Programs: AS and if I can't avoid it, UA. IHG Spire, CET 7*
Originally Posted by navydevildoc View Post
I am more curious if they start waitlisting comp F admission, while allowing paid members to go in.
That's an interesting take, and certainly one they haven't done in SEA D.

One could easily argue that both are paying for the access, whether via a membership or the delta between a Y and F cabin fare, so it's hardly "comp".
Old Jul 29, 20, 11:25 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 75k, Bonvoy Titanium

One could easily argue that both are paying for the access, whether via a membership or the delta between a Y and F cabin fare, so it's hardly "comp".
Well, I am paying for a meal and a scotch on the plane too, but that's not really happening either.

But I specifically paid a lot of money for lounge access...

Just what my grumpy jet-lagged brain would be screaming if I got wait listed. But with N open, and it's my favorite lounge anyway, I can't imagine they are gonna wait list that massive space.
Old Jul 29, 20, 11:45 am

Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

Actually, last month they were waitlisting everyone except lounge members when I visited...I avoided the waitlist by being a lounge member.
Old Jul 29, 20, 11:46 am

Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by navydevildoc View Post
Well, I am paying for a meal and a scotch on the plane too, but that's not really happening either.

But I specifically paid a lot of money for lounge access...

Just what my grumpy jet-lagged brain would be screaming if I got wait listed. But with N open, and it's my favorite lounge anyway, I can't imagine they are gonna wait list that massive space.
Reopening N should resolve most of the crowding issues at SEA.
Old Jul 29, 20, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Not sure if it is a fair comparison, but I just spent an hour in the UA Club at LAX on Monday afternoon. There were maybe five or six other guests in the lounge. Distancing was trivial. Not sure why the AS lounge would be significantly busier. Now, I suspect there are times when the UA Club is busier (based on my observations three weeks ago at SFO), but the PP model of filling empty space with non-members would seem perfect to provide a bit of extra business.
Old Jul 30, 20, 12:30 am

Location: Juneau, Ft Lauderdale, Whitehorse, and mostly 2A or 3C. Never, EVER 4 though.
Programs: AS MVPG + BR, DL GM, Hertz Pres Circle, Natl Emerald Exec, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
Not sure if it is a fair comparison, but I just spent an hour in the UA Club at LAX on Monday afternoon. There were maybe five or six other guests in the lounge. Distancing was trivial. Not sure why the AS lounge would be significantly busier. Now, I suspect there are times when the UA Club is busier (based on my observations three weeks ago at SFO), but the PP model of filling empty space with non-members would seem perfect to provide a bit of extra business.
*Not bragging* I've unfortunately been traveling every month of this @#P($ pandemic except for May, and each visit to the Alaska Lounge in SEA was very busy, except for the April visit for 6 hours when I think I counted maybe 15 people the entire time frame. The D lounge gets lots of access from American flyers, add in the fact us Alaska flyers have really nowhere else to go, and the lines/waits have been long. As a member, I did get to "cut" the list, as the concierge asked me to wait a few minutes and let me in once someone else walked out the door.
Old Jul 30, 20, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Ali Taheri View Post
Hi All,

Does anyone know if Alaska lounge reopening (August 1st) includes priority pass admission?

I am LAX-SJD 08/10 and was hoping to stop by before the flight at T6. I know this particularly location always has that sign up, but hoping because of low occupancy I might get in.
I flew out of LAX in April when nobody was flying and the lounges were still open, and the sign was still out and there was still a waitlist to get in. If you get onto the waitlist an hour before you get to the airport you might get in if they're still accepting PP. You're better off just timing things so you get to LAX 20 minutes before boarding (or 10 minutes before bag check closes, if you need to check a bag) and minimizing your time in the airport.

One thing you should note is that T6 has had a combined line of pre and non-pre for the ID check, and then either using separate conveyors for pre, or putting markers in front of and behind bags to mark pre-passengers on a shared conveyor (depending on time of day), so the security lines are longer than T6 precheck normally would be.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: