Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to saver fare

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2020, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, WN, UA
Changes to saver fare

Looking to book a cheap 1-way ticket. Fairly sure of date/time but not 100%. If I book a Saver fare, waiver states I can cancel my trip. If I book a Main fare, the ability to change the flight is listed (difference in price may apply, of course.) But what I don't get is, if I want to change a Saver far, can't I just cancel it and re-book the new flight? What flexibility would I gain re: changes by bothering with Main?
Old Jul 7, 2020, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Yup. So long as the Covid waivers remain in place, it makes no sense.

With a saver fare, you cancel & receive a credit. You then purchase a new ticket using the credit as part or full payment.

With other fares, you pay the fare difference for a change. Same difference.
bayareafamily likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 9:33 pm

How many changes can one make to a main fare? One? Infinite? If latter, that might bring some flexibility if covid waiver goes away?
Old Jul 8, 2020, 12:12 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by StrandedinLA
How many changes can one make to a main fare? One? Infinite? If latter, that might bring some flexibility if covid waiver goes away?
Infinite As of now but when the Covid waiver ends so does the free change policy for Restricted main cabin Fares. Change fees are And will continue (per policy) to be waived for MVPG & 75K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.