Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Ravn Air Group auction being held today, will Alaska be a bidder?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver

14 qualified bidders have stated their intent to participate in an auction to be held tomorrow, July 7th, where they can bid to buy the entire Air Group, separate airlines, or some/all of a series of bundled lots of Ravn Air Group’s assets. Following the auction, Ravn and its Lenders will then seek approval of these sales at a final Bankruptcy Court hearing on July 9th.
https://www.flyravn.com/ravn-news/ra...rrow-july-7th/
Old Jul 7, 2020, 2:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
If AS bids on anything I would expect it to be real estate or ground equipment. They won’t have any use for the aircraft.
KVS likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 7:31 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Sounds like the smaller planes are going to a few of the smaller airlines in Alaska. The Dash 8s are going to be sold tomorrow along with the operating certificates for PenAir and Corvus Airlines.

From here: https://www.alaskapublic.org/2020/07...ska-companies/

I'm not sure what happened to the SAAB 2000s? And I think they had a lot more small planes than were mentioned in the article, but could be wrong about that.

I was hoping for some sort of large buyout for everything, but that wasn't very likely. But maybe all these now bigger airlines will merge together to create a new airline made up of a several small airlines in 5 years
AKLifetimeFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 7:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
Sounds like the smaller planes are going to a few of the smaller airlines in Alaska. The Dash 8s are going to be sold tomorrow along with the operating certificates for PenAir and Corvus Airlines.

From here: https://www.alaskapublic.org/2020/07...ska-companies/

I'm not sure what happened to the SAAB 2000s? And I think they had a lot more small planes than were mentioned in the article, but could be wrong about that.

I was hoping for some sort of large buyout for everything, but that wasn't very likely. But maybe all these now bigger airlines will merge together to create a new airline made up of a several small airlines in 5 years
The Saab’s were almost all leased.

Perhaps in 5 years the combined airlines can merge and call themselves Ptrmgn.
Legend717, wrp96, jiburi and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 1:30 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Originally Posted by Chugach
call themselves Ptrmgn.
Best thing I've read on the interwebs since 2019.
You get the trophy.
Chugach likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Southern California commuter airline buys Ravn and PenAir going concern

Per an email I received from Ravn, Float Shuttle is the successful bidder.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
Per an email I received from Ravn, Float Shuttle is the successful bidder.
More info here: Southern California commuter service, Float Shuttle, will buy core Ravn assets for $8 million

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.