AS email confirm shows 2/1/20 !!!

Old Jun 29, 20, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA plat, spg plat, aa plat, marriott plat
AS email confirm shows 2/1/20 !!!

Ticketed award on JL - the email from AS shows date as Feb 2020, however I am able to see ticket on JL and select seats for 2021 - so I assume this is some weird kind of computer glitch (tried to call but 14 -21 hour wait time!). Anyone else?
SIN

HND
2:20 AM
Sat 2/1/2020
Singapore
9:50 AM
Sat 2/1/2020
Tokyo
Old Jun 29, 20, 1:10 am

Programs: Frontier Early Returns, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue
Originally Posted by estnet View Post
Ticketed award on JL - the email from AS shows date as Feb 2020, however I am able to see ticket on JL and select seats for 2021 - so I assume this is some weird kind of computer glitch (tried to call but 14 -21 hour wait time!). Anyone else?
SIN

HND
2:20 AM
Sat 2/1/2020
Singapore
9:50 AM
Sat 2/1/2020
Tokyo
I know on my AA partner flights, I was given an AA confirmation number (which I used to pick seats). Look on your Alaska confirmation email and see if there is a JL confirmation number. pull up the reservation and go by that. Other wise..please hold your call is very important to us. Your call will be answered in the order it was recieved in approximately "TWENTY ONE" hours
Old Jun 29, 20, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jerseyguy View Post
I know on my AA partner flights, I was given an AA confirmation number (which I used to pick seats). Look on your Alaska confirmation email and see if there is a JL confirmation number. pull up the reservation and go by that. Other wise..please hold your call is very important to us. Your call will be answered in the order it was recieved in approximately "TWENTY ONE" hours
Yes, I said that I can see the ticket on JL but just wondered if others are getting confirmations from AS (not AA) where the confirm has the wrong year. (since I'm not going to wait 21 hours to talk to them and others have more pressing issues I presume )
Old Jun 29, 20, 2:02 am

Programs: Frontier Early Returns, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue
Originally Posted by estnet View Post
Yes, I said that I can see the ticket on JL but just wondered if others are getting confirmations from AS (not AA) where the confirm has the wrong year. (since I'm not going to wait 21 hours to talk to them and others have more pressing issues I presume )
Oops, sorry glossed over that detail..lots of schedule changes, ticket cancelations and other COVID related issues are probably causing some hiccups. I'm sure your not the only one. We'll see if anyone on here has run into anything. Its been a very interesting 3-4 months hopefully it becomes closer to normal soon.
Old Jun 29, 20, 12:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Are you using Gmail, and looking at the Gmail provided summary of the email on top? Try looking what it says in the actual body of the email. The Gmail provided section is automatically generated by Google and has the year wrong frequently.
Eurynom0s likes this.
Old Jun 29, 20, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alphaeagle View Post
Are you using Gmail, and looking at the Gmail provided summary of the email on top? Try looking what it says in the actual body of the email. The Gmail provided section is automatically generated by Google and has the year wrong frequently.
No not gmail, it's in hotmail and it is in the body summary on top (title of email has the correct year). The actual ticket summary just lists month - no year (but since it was issued 6/20 it couldn't mean 2/20 unless time travel is possible )
I'm not really concerned that the date is wrong b/c I can see the correct date on JL website, just wondered if this was a common occurrence.
Old Jun 29, 20, 9:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I just looked at my most recent confirmation email, and Alaska didn't include the year in it. Guessing Hotmail does the same thing that Gmail does which is to add a summary on top, and then just got the year wrong since one isn't provided. So yeah it's a common occurrence most likely, I'm sure Gmail and Hotmail/Microsoft will tweak things eventually to fix it. Or Alaska could start adding the year to confirmation emails I suppose.
estnet likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: