Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Can I use a Companion Ticket if I Have an AA Award TIcket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2020, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond

I would like to fly using an award ticket, preferably an AAdvantage award ticket on AS.

How do I attach my companion to another record?

If I cannot do that, can I attach my companion to an AS award ticket on AS?
Old Jun 28, 2020, 9:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
When you mention "companion ticket", are you referring to the $99 companion fare that comes with the Alaska Airlines VISA card? The rules for that seem very clear:

The companion fare entitles the cardholder to purchase one round-trip coach companion fare on Alaska Airlines from $121 (USD) ($99 base fare plus applicable taxes and fees from $22 depending on your flight itinerary) when traveling with another guest on a paid published coach airfare on the same itinerary, booked at the same time. Travel must be booked at alaskaair.com.
No mention of using award tickets here as a workaround. In fact, it says:
The companion fare discount code is not valid with award travel, and cannot be combined with other discounts.
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-discount-code

Last edited by tom911; Jun 28, 2020 at 9:37 pm Reason: added 2 lines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.