Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

How Many Times has Your Itinerary Changed?

Old Jun 27, 20, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG

We finally took our first flight this June, since things started opening up again. So far, flights on our itinerary have changed 7 times so far. We went from being able to travel from Alaska to Houston in a day (both directions), to having to overnight in Seattle. Iím guessing we might even see another change on the return trip Between now and then.

So I was wondering how many changes others have seen on their itineraries? It definitely reeked havoc on our car rental reservations. I had 2-3 rentals for each location due to the different arrival/departure times with each change. Iíll make this a poll if I can figure out how to do it.
Old Jun 27, 20, 5:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Too many to count....but at least it's becoming predictable now....by-the-way, today is Saturday so it's almost time for our weekly ritual...check for schedule changes
pcoll and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Jun 27, 20, 6:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Already watching the clock for tonight’s schedule “shuffle”. Our flight has changed 4 times , so far.
Old Jun 27, 20, 9:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
I have a flight in mid-July that has changed 4 or 5 times in the last few weeks. I started checking it frequently out of curiosity, and I never received an email from AS after any of the proposed changes.
pcoll likes this.
Old Jun 27, 20, 11:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pcoll View Post
Already watching the clock for tonight’s schedule “shuffle”. Our flight has changed 4 times , so far.
Looks like they are in the process of changing the August schedule...the PDX-MCO is gone as well as SAN-MCO.

Correction: It looks like the PDX-MCO is just moving from a morning departure to 12:55pm....if you look up the schedule it shows up, but it's just not *yet* showing up as available for sale. SAN-MCO, however, does appear to be gone.

Last edited by PDXPremier; Jun 27, 20 at 11:39 pm
Old Jun 28, 20, 12:17 am

Average about 3 changes in a week. Very frustrating, but certainly understandable under the circumstances.
Old Jun 28, 20, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
Looks like they are in the process of changing the August schedule...the PDX-MCO is gone as well as SAN-MCO.

Correction: It looks like the PDX-MCO is just moving from a morning departure to 12:55pm....if you look up the schedule it shows up, but it's just not *yet* showing up as available for sale. SAN-MCO, however, does appear to be gone.
Yes, AS updated their August schedule this weekend (as did B6). DL loaded a number of September cuts this weekend, but not clear it is finalized yet (I would expect more routes with cuts to them). DL loaded August a few weekends ago (although they had some adds/subtracts for August this weekend).

https://www.airliners.net/forum/view...?f=3&t=1448299
Old Jun 28, 20, 11:17 am

Programs: United Gold (Million Miler), Alaska MVP
Interesting because I have an MCO-SAN in August that changed but just by one hour. It is still non-stop.

I’m flying out on United so I haven’t checked SAN-MCO.
Old Jun 28, 20, 1:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VS Silver, SPG Gold
I have a flight in early Aug with a new schedule change. It is a miles flight booked late May. It sounds like the best advice is to just wait until I get a lot closer to travel to worry about this?
Old Jun 28, 20, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by ctbarron View Post
I have a flight in early Aug with a new schedule change. It is a miles flight booked late May. It sounds like the best advice is to just wait until I get a lot closer to travel to worry about this?
yes, just keep an eye on your schedule. Too early to predict what the final flight will be.
Old Jun 28, 20, 5:07 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
What I’ve noticed with other airlines...

it seems about 8 weeks before schedule time of travel schedule change really happen where major changes occur with flights cancelled. So I’ve seen airlines just drop some routings or pull out of markets or serious cutbacks like daily to every other day or 3 per day to one per day.
Old Jun 29, 20, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by ctbarron View Post
The AS August schedule has now largely been set with this weekend's schedule update. There may be a few minor tweaks to the schedule before then, but I wouldn't expect anything major.
Old Jun 29, 20, 8:15 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, SPG LT Platinum, UA SIlver, VX eleVAte Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
The AS August schedule has now largely been set with this weekend's schedule update. There may be a few minor tweaks to the schedule before then, but I wouldn't expect anything major.
it is nice to be optimistic but that is probably not realistic. AS could change or cancel just one flight and if it is the one the OP was booked on that becomes a major change. Better to plan for the worst and hope for the best than the other way around given current circumstances.
Old Jun 30, 20, 6:25 am
Original Poster

When I talked to an agent, she said they try not to make changes on flights within 10 days. So I think we’re set on our return trip with 7 itinerary changes for this trip. Be aware that their changes weren’t too smart. We had several changes where our arrival time was later than the departure time of the next flight.
Old Jun 30, 20, 4:40 pm

Just got email from AS, YOUR FLIGHT for TOMORROW is CANCELLED!
check in for flight is less than an hour from now.
now on hold for 3 hours to find out if we are flying tomorrow. LAX/SEA
Email just sent to me from AS on re accommodation of our flight. 2 days apart with one of us 7am and other 9pm , connecting Boise, to SEA. F tickets ...Re accommodation in Y.
I am so done with AS. Loyalty means nothing..

Last edited by pcoll; Jun 30, 20 at 5:23 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: