AS cuts OAK - KOA flights

Old Jun 22, 20, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
AS cuts OAK - KOA flights

I believe effective on or about 8/1 AS has cancelled several daily direct flights into KOA from OAK. Specifically they no longer run on Saturday which was always very busy so hard for me to understand why that day was dropped. When I called and asked if it was a temporary change I was basically told no one knows. Even the agent I spoke to thought it was odd the Saturday flight was dropped. For years that was my go to flight to KOA as I work on Hawaii and regularly do the trip on Saturday. Sunday does run as I believe Monday as well so it looks for time being I'll be using the Sunday flight.
Old Jun 22, 20, 11:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP
This is just covid19 cancellation thru early Aug. It's still on the schedule from mid-Aug and forward.
Old Jun 22, 20, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by flyingstudent View Post
This is just covid19 cancellation thru early Aug. It's still on the schedule from mid-Aug and forward.
Unless something has changed in the last 24 hrs that is not correct. The Saturday and I believe Tuesday and Thursdays direct flights are cancelled, well at least as far as to 2021. I tried to book both November and December flights and they were not available. Agents said no plans to add them back "at this time". I realize things will change and can only hope you are correct.

Last edited by nomad420; Jun 22, 20 at 11:44 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 23, 20, 12:01 am

Programs: AS MVP
OAK-KOA is 4x weekly in Nov: Sun/Mon/Wed/Fri.
Old Jun 23, 20, 12:08 am

Programs: AS and if I can't avoid it, UA. IHG Spire, CET 7*
And 3x weekly in August: Tue/Thu/Sat.

We'll see if the quarantine is extended again in HI, time will tell if this even operates.

Old Jun 23, 20, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoLaGent View Post
And 3x weekly in August: Tue/Thu/Sat.

We'll see if the quarantine is extended again in HI, time will tell if this even operates.

Very strange that they run Sat, Tu, Th in August then it appears they flip it and run Sun, Mon, Wed, Friday later in the year. I don't know exactly what dates the changes occur but all I know is when I need the direct flight it isn't running and apparently when I can't use it (ie. Aug) it is running on Sat. Go figure..... But as you state, this may all be moot if the quarantine is extended.
Old Jun 23, 20, 11:32 am

It's surprising the OAK-Hawaii flights still exist at all, through the WN entry and now this.
JPat likes this.
Old Jun 23, 20, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by nomad420 View Post
Very strange that they run Sat, Tu, Th in August then it appears they flip it and run Sun, Mon, Wed, Friday later in the year. I don't know exactly what dates the changes occur but all I know is when I need the direct flight it isn't running and apparently when I can't use it (ie. Aug) it is running on Sat. Go figure..... But as you state, this may all be moot if the quarantine is extended.
Tue/Thu/Sat schedule is only for first couple weeks of August. Wed/Fri/Sun/Mon starts on 8/19.

Old Jun 23, 20, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
Tue/Thu/Sat schedule is only for first couple weeks of August. Wed/Fri/Sun/Mon starts on 8/19.

Thanks! I figured someone would come up with the exact date of the schedule switch. I think I will look into that Sat WN direct flight although the hours are not so great for me. As I work there certain days of flying work better than others hence the reason for my somewhat inflexible schedule. Thanks again for the info.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: