Alaska IT error in my favor, for once?

Old Jun 19, 2020, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75k, B6 Mosaic
Alaska IT error in my favor, for once?

Had a flight for 2 booked tonight and... forgot to take it!

Well, okay, I had planned to cancel it, but forgot to do that. Only realized my error after catching the boarding notification on my phone... 20 minutes after departure.

Before calling up and pleading an agent for leniency, figured Id give alaska.com a shot; pulled up the itin, clicked cancel, and boom! Worked like a charm.

Could have sworn post-departure cancellations were prevented by the system. Then again, cant really remember the last time I tried. Existing behavior or did I get lucky?
Old Jun 20, 2020, 8:19 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Yes. Just like there can be a delay between the opening of U inventory and the running of the upgrade processor, there is some delay between the push back of the airplane and when the system does an automatic sweep to mark the tickets of no-show pax as used.
KevPNW likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 11:57 am

I had a cancelled ticket credit get applied to my account twice last November. I was worried for a while that they would catch it so I didnt keep any funds in Wallet but they never did. I was over in Europe when canceling and spotty service and must have submitted twice. But it credit the exact ticket number twice. I figured they would have some duplicate checker in place but apparently not.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.