Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Account Suspension & Mile Purchase Failure

Old Jun 2, 2020, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, and English is not my first language, so sorry for any grammar mistakes in advance.

The problem I'm currently having with Alaska is that, as many of you may have noticed, they were selling miles with a 60% bonus in the past month. I received this offer and purchased 62500 miles with a debit card issued by Wells Fargo on May 27th; however, today I received an email saying that 1: there is a discrepancy in my mileage account (which basically means my account is blocked), and 2: the transaction has failed.

Before this attempt, I've tried to buy Alaska miles several times using different cards issued by wells Fargo, chase, and BOA, yet they all failed.

I don't' know what I can do next; is it possible for them to reverse this transaction? And why I cannot purchase miles? Thank you so much!
Old Jun 2, 2020, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by michael_cc
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, and English is not my first language, so sorry for any grammar mistakes in advance.

The problem I'm currently having with Alaska is that, as many of you may have noticed, they were selling miles with a 60% bonus in the past month. I received this offer and purchased 62500 miles with a debit card issued by Wells Fargo on May 27th; however, today I received an email saying that 1: there is a discrepancy in my mileage account (which basically means my account is blocked), and 2: the transaction has failed.

Before this attempt, I've tried to buy Alaska miles several times using different cards issued by wells Fargo, chase, and BOA, yet they all failed.

I don't' know what I can do next; is it possible for them to reverse this transaction? And why I cannot purchase miles? Thank you so much!
What is your history with the AS ffp?
How long a member?
Earned AS ff miles from flying?
AS Status?
Claimed any premium awards?

Another thread (may not apply to you)---> Account Suspensions/Closures on Accusations of Fraud/Brokering
And
[Resolved] AS Account Frozen One Week Before Award Travel
AS Account restricted due to churning BofA
msp3 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 10:44 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Have you tried asking them directly?
Old Jun 2, 2020, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
What is your history with the AS ffp?
How long a member?
Earned AS ff miles from flying?
AS Status?
Claimed any premium awards?
all of this shouldn't matter - there is no restriction listed in that promo on who they sell to... if AS sells miles and then blocks account it's a fraud plain and simple (while it looks like OP transaction was not approved to begin with - cant quite understand)
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 6:39 pm

You may want to check name and address specifics to make sure there is a clear match between credit/debit card and AS account information.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 9:05 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
You could have a naming issue. My wife hyphenates her last name and Alaska does not allow a “-“ so we have to call in often to add her FF number to tickets we book. So double check the EXACT spelling of your name on the credit card and your FF accost, then as others say pick up the phone and call in. I think you will find the CSAs very helpful.
be_rettSEA likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.